Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

$0.99 Boom Breakfast, March 30 only

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2009 7:10 pm
Tags:
None
21 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3165 posts
232 upvotes
Wasaga Beach
Is boom any good? I remember passing the building on the bus near Yonge/Eglinton and it being an eye-catching blue but it looked empty inside. Thought it was just a little generic restaurant.
Click Here to check my HOFO Feedback
Ebay Feedback
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
16186 posts
790 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
aww mang if only it was on the weekend, I will have to pass on this.
Money, Religion, Sex and Politics is what it is all about!
99% Tryhard I've got hardwood flooring downstairs...if you know what I am talking about
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26216 posts
39767 upvotes
Toronto
Shiznacka wrote: Is boom any good? I remember passing the building on the bus near Yonge/Eglinton and it being an eye-catching blue but it looked empty inside. Thought it was just a little generic restaurant.
They have a 'Reviews' link on their website. Not surprisingly, they're all good :-0

I haven't tried it yet but plan to be there for the $0.99 special. Doesn't mention anything about 1/customer so i'll probably do 3 myself with tap water for my drink...
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
1667 posts
385 upvotes
Oakville
Not sure about the food, but I know the coffee is great.
Banned
Nov 11, 2006
8770 posts
31 upvotes
haha, i bet HUGE lineups on mar30
E5200 @ 3.5200 Ghz BIOS 1.38125v 24/7 | Asus P5Q PRO | G.Skill F2-8000CL5D 8GB ram @ 853MHz on 2.10v | 1 TB Samsung F1 Spinpoint HD | 1 TB Seagate 7200.11 rpm| 1 TB WD1001FALS Black Caviar | Antec SONATA 500w Designer Case | BFG NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT OC+ 512MB PCIe 2.0 | OCZ Vendetta 2 HSF | Samsung LN40A530 C(rappy) panel | Logitech G51 sound | Xbox 360 60gb | *PS3 w/ 263gb | Nintendo Wii LU37 | Vista Ultimate x64

/me wuz pwn3d by GAG forums lolz
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
1667 posts
385 upvotes
Oakville
tomtomtom wrote: How hard is it to fry an egg, make toast, fry some bacon?
You would be surprised...I know my wife still can't get the hang of it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5654 posts
2050 upvotes
Shiznacka wrote: Is boom any good? I remember passing the building on the bus near Yonge/Eglinton and it being an eye-catching blue but it looked empty inside. Thought it was just a little generic restaurant.
I read that their eggs benedict were really good...and my fiancee would agree with that as I took her there to try it, because she loves eggs benny.

This deal though, I mean, how much are eggs and toast really gonna differ from one place to another??? so for $0.99 you really can't go wrong!!
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Jul 1, 2008
282 posts
52 upvotes
jumbojones wrote: You would be surprised...I know my wife still can't get the hang of it.
I'm betting that your wife doesn't read these forums?
:cheesygri
Deal Fanatic
Nov 28, 2002
6327 posts
406 upvotes
Toronto
I went to the one on college st a while back and they asked if i wanted blueberries with my french toast, they charged me $4.00 for it when i read the bill about 8-10 berries.
Be warned about the extras, when a business does something like that they can't ever get my support again.
Nov 8, 2005
749 posts
124 upvotes
Ryder Nation
Ate at the Yonge and Eglinton location on father's day. I don't know if it was just father's day, but the service wasn't the greatest. The food/portions were ok, but there are definitely better breakfast places in the area.
Jan 26, 2009
15 posts
2 upvotes
Went to the Yonge & Eglinton location last month for brunch. Server told us it was a 15 min. wait, ended up being 40 mins. for a table. Food was okay, prices average but nothing special. All in all, was not worth the 40 min. wait time.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26216 posts
39767 upvotes
Toronto
BUMP - happens today. Skipped dinner yesterday so that I can eat 3 of these specials :razz:
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2004
2179 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
Our school had a breakfast club and for a mere 25 cents, you had whatever was on special that day through monday to friday. We had BLT's, pancakes with sausage, french toast, grilled cheese, hash browns with susage. It was bomb diggity.
"Our lives are defined by opportunities. Even the ones we miss."
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
shawn99 wrote: Our school had a breakfast club and for a mere 25 cents, you had whatever was on special that day through monday to friday. We had BLT's, pancakes with sausage, french toast, grilled cheese, hash browns with susage. It was bomb diggity.
You're welcome. That came out of my paycheck, so I hope you needed it.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26216 posts
39767 upvotes
Toronto
Went to the Eglinton location. Lots of signage everywhere to mark this promotion. About 5 of us waiting outside just before opening. Restaurant is nice inside, flat screen with CP24 on South wall.

Ordered 2 specials. Portions are good (see below) and service is attentive. Add-ons are pricey though, want a slice of cheese for your toast? That'll be $2.19!

Ordered just tap water with no-addons. Tasty, although they gave me white instead of brown toast for my second order even though I requested it to be identical to the first...

Jam is at the table. Red thing to the right of my fries is a tomato piece that comes with the meal.

Regular price for this meal is $5.99 which seems way too high considering what you get.

NOTE - $0.99 deal runs all-day so you can hit 'em up for lunch too. Eglinton location open until 4PM.

[IMG]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee22 ... n/boom.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1579 posts
35 upvotes
Etobicoke
This is so tempting. But I'm scared of the potential line-up. Fvck it I'm gonna go.