Expired Hot Deals

[BMO] 0% interest 1 yr CITI bank *or* MBNA MasterCard, 3.99% BMO Airmiles MC no annual fee

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2007 3:44 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Dec 24, 2004
10708 posts
148 upvotes

[BMO] 0% interest 1 yr CITI bank *or* MBNA MasterCard, 3.99% BMO Airmiles MC no annual fee

newest link june 15 2007 http://www.citicards.ca/canada/cards/di ... s_code=G76

from THEDONALD - NEW CITIBANK 0% for 1 year code, Oct 18 2006
enter N6T
http://www.applynow.citibank.ca

MBNA 0% interest for 1 year.
no annual fee. 1% transaction fee. if you have an MBNA card already, doesn't matter, if your credit is good, they'll give you another one.
Call MBNA MasterCard 1-888-877-6262 or 1 866 313 8138 and ask for the 0% interest for 1 year BLIV promotion.

or you can choose the Bank of Montreal No Anuual Fee Airmiles Mastercard, 3.99% for 6 months
http://www3.bmo.com/mosaik?ACTION=PROCE ... EN=default
Air Canada Aeroplan Super Elite Reservations: 1-800-401-7201 or 514-369-7598
get unlimited calls or other discounts by calling directly to:
Fido Retentions: call 611 then push 7, then push 3 - or Rogers Retentions 1-514-734-7873 or 1-866-228-7109
Telus Mobility: 1-877-279-3100 or 416-279-3100 or 1 416 296 7669 client.loyalty@telus.com
Bell Mobility: 1-866-313-1086
nice chairs http://www.eternitymodern.ca
great value - lol http://www.walmart.ca
1026 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
8478 posts
864 upvotes
GVR
When I applied I thought I checked pretty close on the eligibility requirements and I didn't notice anything about being an existing customer (which I am).

I guess we'll see if I get turned down.
General Radek had some good ideas.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
2044 posts
30 upvotes
Medicine Hat
wookie wrote:for those who need to carry a balance on their cc this is a great deal.... for those who pay off their cc every month... its a *yawn*
wow, captain obvious! thats amazing, for those who can use it, its intresting, and those who can't, will find it boring? how ever did you come to that conclusion.

you sir, are a post *****.
May 20, 2005
227 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
This is even better than the 1.99% I applied last year.
I wonder what happen if paid down and cancel my current one and apply for this one ... hmmmm
Anyway, how did you get this code from ... just wondering.
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
11290 posts
557 upvotes
Toronto
wookie wrote:for those who need to carry a balance on their cc this is a great deal.... for those who pay off their cc every month... its a *yawn*

Well you can take some $$ from here at 0% and invest it and make a return...
May 20, 2005
227 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
hightech wrote:Well you can take some $$ from here at 0% and invest it and make a return...
That's exactly what me and my wife did with the 1.99% offered last year.
Now, 0% is awesome, just make sure that you use the money for investing NOT shopping :lol:
Dec 31, 2005
824 posts
This is pretty nice if it applies to current CITI members. I will check into this :) . Ok called and spoke with a CSR she said that I am not eligible for that offer since I have been offered a different promotion already which has the rate of 4.9%. Once this offer expires for me I might be able to qualify for the 0%. Yeah right the promo will be well over by that time. Worth a shot even if you do not carry over a balance. You can just transfer all the funds as an investment and earn at least 3% interest for a year. Pretty good reward.
Check out my WTB Thread and my WTS Thread
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2004
3349 posts
50 upvotes
randomdef wrote:wow, captain obvious! thats amazing, for those who can use it, its intresting, and those who can't, will find it boring? how ever did you come to that conclusion.

you sir, are a post *****.

thanks for the kind words... as some after me have mentioned there are obviously other uses... i wish more people were perfect like yourself :)
Nov 11, 2005
139 posts
Nova Scotia
Geat for balance transfers -- not good for current purchases. Those run at 18.5%

:(
Apr 1, 2006
49 posts
2 upvotes
Great, thanks OP, applied online.
I also confirmed with citi CSR on phone that you can write a cheque to your deposit account and get the 0% rate.
Jun 10, 2005
249 posts
10 upvotes
Does it still show this when you apply for it, at step 2?

Start saving money now. Fill in this form to move high interest balances from other card accounts to your Citi Gold MasterCard Account. You'll enjoy a low introductory 1.9% annual interest rate for up to 12 months on any balance you transfer**. It's that easy.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2034 posts
165 upvotes
Can someone explain to me how I can use the money and invest it?

I have an ING savings account already, but how would I go about getting the money in there? I have never done this before and am not quite sure on the steps to take.

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
2479 posts
122 upvotes
Application and Balance Transfer Requests must be submitted by May 12.

I applied for the card this evening and the response email says: 4 weeks to receive card....

Wonder how I'll get the balance transfer done in time! :|
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
2479 posts
122 upvotes
pswart wrote:Can someone explain to me how I can use the money and invest it?

I have an ING savings account already, but how would I go about getting the money in there? I have never done this before and am not quite sure on the steps to take.

Thanks!
You write a MasterCard cheque against the account.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
2479 posts
122 upvotes
100qn wrote:This is pretty nice if it applies to current CITI members. I will check into this :) . Ok called and spoke with a CSR she said that I am not eligible for that offer since I have been offered a different promotion already which has the rate of 4.9%. Once this offer expires for me I might be able to qualify for the 0%. Yeah right the promo will be well over by that time. Worth a shot even if you do not carry over a balance. You can just transfer all the funds as an investment and earn at least 3% interest for a year. Pretty good reward.
Get another family member to get it for you :D
× < >