• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2017 11:28 am
Apr 29, 2015
68 posts
12 upvotes
Kanata, ON
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
May 4th, 2017 8:58 am
For someone who doesn't fill up gas at esso, it is difficult.
Besides, they don't always give you points when you think you do get points. They are really sneaky and love to have people have their points expired.
If going to Esso is difficult, perhaps Aeroplan isn't right for you.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6960 posts
1020 upvotes
Ajax
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
May 3rd, 2017 9:23 am
I hate Aeroplan. They expired my 70k points.
Join the lawsuit, there will be a decision at some point.
Even though I don't love Aeroplan because of the unavailability of seats sometimes, I will admit they have saved me a bunch of money on trips in the last two years, on points mostly accumulated by churning cards.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2356 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
bobcat99 wrote:
May 4th, 2017 11:47 am
Join the lawsuit, there will be a decision at some point.
Even though I don't love Aeroplan because of the unavailability of seats sometimes, I will admit they have saved me a bunch of money on trips in the last two years, on points mostly accumulated by churning cards.
You have a link to the lawsuit?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
6518 posts
364 upvotes
Richmond Hill
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
May 4th, 2017 8:58 am
For someone who doesn't fill up gas at esso, it is difficult.
Besides, they don't always give you points when you think you do get points. They are really sneaky and love to have people have their points expired.
Use carrots reward app. Walk a certain amount of steps per day or answer short surveys to get points for aeroplan points. Everyone has time for this.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
1155 posts
50 upvotes
Trying to setup Apple Pay on the Wallet App, but for some reason it doesn't let me add credit cards, only passes that have a QR code. Weird.

Anyone know what I may be doing wrong? Followed the instructions on the TD page.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
6518 posts
364 upvotes
Richmond Hill
yourmemory wrote:
May 4th, 2017 5:07 pm
Trying to setup Apple Pay on the Wallet App, but for some reason it doesn't let me add credit cards, only passes that have a QR code. Weird.

Anyone know what I may be doing wrong? Followed the instructions on the TD page.
Hm not sure. I followed TD instructions as well and worked like a charm. Was there an error code or something?
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
1155 posts
50 upvotes
jeffyjaixx wrote:
May 4th, 2017 6:17 pm
Hm not sure. I followed TD instructions as well and worked like a charm. Was there an error code or something?
Thanks for chiming in. I had the wrong Region in my settings, so I had to revert back to Canada before it would allow me to enable Apple Pay and add a card. All solved.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2356 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
jeffyjaixx wrote:
May 4th, 2017 4:46 pm
Use carrots reward app. Walk a certain amount of steps per day or answer short surveys to get points for aeroplan points. Everyone has time for this.
Good idea. I didn't know that.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3812 upvotes
BC
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
May 5th, 2017 9:19 am
Good idea. I didn't know that.
$3 at Esso (in-store, not even gas) gets you 1 Aeroplan. If you spend less than $3 you get 0.

You don't need to buy gas or own a car to do this. Should be easy for anyone to use Esso to keep AP active.
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2356 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
ace604 wrote:
May 5th, 2017 10:33 pm
$3 at Esso (in-store, not even gas) gets you 1 Aeroplan. If you spend less than $3 you get 0.

You don't need to buy gas or own a car to do this. Should be easy for anyone to use Esso to keep AP active.
I think I buy max lotto in esso, but there is no point registered later when I check.
It can be hard to make it works sometimes.
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3812 upvotes
BC
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
May 8th, 2017 9:24 am
I think I buy max lotto in esso, but there is no point registered later when I check.
It can be hard to make it works sometimes.
Did they scan your Aeroplan card separately or did you pay with a Speedpass that has your Aeroplan linked to it? I use the Speedpass since then I don't have to fumble with 2 cards at the pump or inside and I don't have to carry my Aeroplan card at all. Works every time.
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Nov 24, 2008
263 posts
98 upvotes
Dartmouth NS
Amowagou wrote:
May 3rd, 2017 4:45 pm
I think 1000 points worths $10 top. Your example was very unusual, AC actually didn't charge you an arm and a leg for last minute reward ticket redemption.
Not so unusual. I had to fly from YHZ to YYZ last week at less than 7hrs notice. Cost me 12500pts and $85. Return was 12500pts and $114.