Expired Hot Deals

[CIBC] 1.99% for life MBNA MC or MBNA 0% interest Mastercard for 15 months or CITI 0%

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2012 4:00 pm
Banned
Feb 11, 2008
174 posts
yjzeng wrote:
Apr 15th, 2008 7:00 pm
I just received my new statement & change of mastercard agreement. It mentioned there will be 3% promotion transfer charge & $25 inactive charge after 12months of no-usage of mastercard.

I'd suggest RFDs should pay more attention to these changes.

Chao,

Jim
what the hell does no-usage of mastercard mean? i did a blance transfer on jan 08 and have been paying minimum payments since then .does that count as usage? or not?
Feb 3, 2005
44 posts
alanbrenton wrote:
Apr 19th, 2008 12:02 pm
Make sure you read the new agreement that came with your credit card and changes to fees and all. :) I should not have waited for two billing cycles (after paying considerable amount of 0% debt) to elapse to apply once more (cancelled last August) to this wonderful offer. Oh well...
yes, thanks for the reminder. I did see 0% on my first statement and it looks no tricky part. anyway, i was doing the same thing, waited 3 billing cycles to reapply for a new one. :-) (could've been paying my P LOC quicker. LOL)

Last time, my wife and I got 25000$ and it technically saved us 1500$ interests..............
Penalty Box
Apr 21, 2004
49355 posts
14613 upvotes
BMNB3tches wrote:
Apr 19th, 2008 4:19 pm
what the hell does no-usage of mastercard mean? i did a blance transfer on jan 08 and have been paying minimum payments since then .does that count as usage? or not?
That fee is only applicable when you have a credit balance.

With regards to the 3% BT fee, the old agreement states 1.5%. This means that for the 0% BT offer, this fee doesn't apply as I was able to do BT's and was not charged the old 1.5% fee.

Any new access codes for citibank? What about a .9 or 1.9% interest credit card?
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2005
2644 posts
137 upvotes
Calgary
There is $35 fees if you are over CC limits. It means the cheque should be written as CC limits - %1 check fees. Correct?
Life is life
When we all feel the power
Life is life
When we all feel the pain
Life is life
It's the feeling of the people
Life is life
It is the feeling of the land. Opus :razz:
Nov 2, 2007
14 posts
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2008 12:03 pm
For MBNA, has the BODX code expired?
No, applied last Tuesday and received the card today.
May 5, 2003
197 posts
3 upvotes
London
I just got a 0% citibank application in the mail. 0% on all balance transfers until April 2009

Promo code is V8G
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
10877 posts
1314 upvotes
Brampton
902linger wrote:
Apr 24th, 2008 8:21 pm
I just got a 0% citibank application in the mail. 0% on all balance transfers until April 2009

Promo code is V8G
Great news :razz: :razz: I was hoping for a new code :D

Thank you,
The OFFICIAL Hardwood Flooring Thread
Voted RFD "Most Helpful Thread of 2012"
Apr 10, 2003
5390 posts
1003 upvotes
Toronto
902linger wrote:
Apr 24th, 2008 8:21 pm

Promo code is V8G
I read the terms, it stated that "Promotional Transfer Cheque Fee:
Unless waived or reduced, 3.00% of the amount of each transfer cheque. This fee is added to the principal amount of each transfer cheque. The Promotional Transfer Cheque Fee is 1% for this offer."

looks like I have to pay 1% fee, like MBNA. still a good offer?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
2538 posts
242 upvotes
ricedion wrote:
Apr 25th, 2008 10:17 am
I read the terms, it stated that "Promotional Transfer Cheque Fee:
Unless waived or reduced, 3.00% of the amount of each transfer cheque. This fee is added to the principal amount of each transfer cheque. The Promotional Transfer Cheque Fee is 1% for this offer."

looks like I have to pay 1% fee, like MBNA. still a good offer?
Where did you read this? I just got my CITI card a week ago,and it had the first part of : Unless waived or reduced, 3.00% of the amount of each transfer cheque. This fee is added to the principal amount of each transfer cheque.

As far as I can find, there is nothing else on mine to state what the Promotional Transfer Cheque fee is
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
5390 posts
1003 upvotes
Toronto
wiebecj wrote:
Apr 25th, 2008 10:24 am
Where did you read this? I just got my CITI card a week ago,and it had the first part of : Unless waived or reduced, 3.00% of the amount of each transfer cheque. This fee is added to the principal amount of each transfer cheque.

As far as I can find, there is nothing else on mine to state what the Promotional Transfer Cheque fee is
from this link http://www.citicards.ca/canada/cards/di ... s_code=V8G

i copy/paste from the PDF file from that page

did u use this code V8G to apply yours? maybe you used a diff code to apply and no 1% fee in your case
Penalty Box
Apr 21, 2004
49355 posts
14613 upvotes
wiebecj wrote:
Apr 25th, 2008 10:24 am

like i said in my earlier post, the old agreement stated 1.5%. This fee would have been likely waived as I was never slapped 1.5%. I guess it's best to confirm with the CSR's.