Expired Hot Deals

[CIBC] 1.99% for life MBNA MC or MBNA 0% interest Mastercard for 15 months or CITI 0%

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2012 4:00 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
10906 posts
1335 upvotes
Brampton
I applied in January for this card again & never got charged any transfer fees but it was a different code I used. I know when you do the transfer on the phone, they read you all the terms/conditions & will inform you if any transfer fees would be applicable, so if there is a fee, you do not have to go ahead with the transfer.

The way they say that "unless waived or reduced", sounds like they waive it most times based on my experience & what others have said.
The OFFICIAL Hardwood Flooring Thread
Voted RFD "Most Helpful Thread of 2012"
Dec 5, 2002
1919 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
For the cash advance cheques, are you guys sure that the 0% ones have a used by date on them? Because mine doesn't, and i just got off the phone with MBNA, and they said those are the correct ones (i've had this card for about a month now).
Mar 31, 2008
579 posts
232 upvotes
Edmonton
SeerHawk wrote:
Apr 24th, 2008 2:46 pm
Me too.! BODX is alive!
What is the phone number to call MBNA so I can use this code?
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11571 posts
2974 upvotes
GTA
hardcoredummy wrote:
Apr 28th, 2008 12:11 pm
For the cash advance cheques, are you guys sure that the 0% ones have a used by date on them? Because mine doesn't, and i just got off the phone with MBNA, and they said those are the correct ones (i've had this card for about a month now).

Why not do the transfer over the phone? Much faster.
Oct 28, 2007
333 posts
17 upvotes
totally got denied by Citi last month, after I've sent in info re: my student card and tuition payment and stuff..
will try MBNA....
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6213 posts
1009 upvotes
I've had my MBNA transfer for a while, but recently I've been getting lots of telemarketing calls from them, offering insurance, telling me to use my card, etc. They actually called twice tonight, about 3 mins apart. I was polite, but told them to please not call me again.

Still, I guess I can't complain too much, getting 18 months interest free!
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
Jul 5, 2003
699 posts
71 upvotes
Mississauga
I applied for the Citi Card using the code posted here sometime in March and I received the card last week and the letter confirming that I have the promotional rate of 0% until April 30, 2009.

This is my second time that I am receiving this promotional offer.

Thanks.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11571 posts
2974 upvotes
GTA
Might aswell mention it here that when I got my first MBNA statement recently, I was being charged a promo rate of 3.99%. I called straight away and the CSR
told me that that was the rate I had signed up for. I was livid.

I told her that even when I did the BT over the phone, the CSR then explained to me that it was 0% for 15 months and my min monthly was only $10. She put
me on hold for about five minutes and came back with a "sorry about that Sir, you're 0% rate seems to have been deleted, I can rectify it completely".

So watch those statements carefully.

I don't know if this was a genuine error on someone's part or a sneaky trick.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2007
3879 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
I have a quick question....I havent done a balance transfer yet as I dont need it but have been usuing the card just as a regular card. I have it registered online and wanted to make sure the balance transfer rate is 0% when I do decide to use it. Will this info be anywhere on the online statement? When I received the card it did say 0% interest but wanted to check online. Thanks
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
10906 posts
1335 upvotes
Brampton
mmhassa2 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2008 12:04 am
I have a quick question....I havent done a balance transfer yet as I dont need it but have been usuing the card just as a regular card. I have it registered online and wanted to make sure the balance transfer rate is 0% when I do decide to use it. Will this info be anywhere on the online statement? When I received the card it did say 0% interest but wanted to check online. Thanks
It's best to call them & they will tell you exactly when your 0% offer will end. But don't wait too long, I heard someone once say (not sure if it was MBNA or CITI card) tried to make a transfer after few months of getting the card but since he did not take advantage of the 0% offer within a certain time, the offer kind of expired... :|
The OFFICIAL Hardwood Flooring Thread
Voted RFD "Most Helpful Thread of 2012"
128 posts
appears to be a 1% fee..

From the link off the code on the front page

https://www.citibank.com/canada/cards/d ... _00_ja.pdf

"Promotional Transfer Cheque Fee:
Unless waived or reduced, 3.00% of the amount of each transfer cheque. This fee is added to the principal amount of each transfer cheque. The Promotional Transfer Cheque Fee is 1% for this offer ."

So it's like MBNA now.. 1%...
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
50536 posts
15311 upvotes
TDA wrote:
Apr 29th, 2008 12:49 am
appears to be a 1% fee..

From the link off the code on the front page

https://www.citibank.com/canada/cards/d ... _00_ja.pdf

"Promotional Transfer Cheque Fee:
Unless waived or reduced, 3.00% of the amount of each transfer cheque. This fee is added to the principal amount of each transfer cheque. The Promotional Transfer Cheque Fee is 1% for this offer ."

So it's like MBNA now.. 1%...
Hopefully because of this additional 1% revenue, Citibank Canada will give out higher credit limits.

Going through the ultra-fine print, I was wondering why there is a mention of both 3.00% and 1% for Promotional Transfer Cheque Fee?

Promotional Transfer Cheque Fee: Unless waived or reduced, 3.00% of the amount of each transfer cheque. This fee is added to the principal amount of each transfer cheque. The Promotional Transfer Cheque Fee is 1% for this offer.
Apr 5, 2005
138 posts
2 upvotes
How much balance transfer can you normally qualify for ? i applied after cancelling my previous citi card 0% offer which i was able to pay off easily in a year. I am crossing my fingers on getting my new card.

How come no other credit cards have such an amazing deal ?
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2002
1919 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Hugh Jass wrote:
Apr 28th, 2008 7:14 pm
Why not do the transfer over the phone? Much faster.
I'm not having a problem with balance transfer, i'm asking about the cash advance cheques.
Mar 31, 2008
579 posts
232 upvotes
Edmonton
SeerHawk wrote:
Apr 24th, 2008 2:46 pm
Me too.! BODX is alive!
The code didn't work for me. The operator asked for a code that started with the letter 'D' on the first page of the promotion. I said I didn't have the letter in front of me. She put me on hold and came back and offered me 0% for 12 months. So I took it, difference of 3 months.