Expired Hot Deals

[CIBC] 1.99% for life MBNA MC or MBNA 0% interest Mastercard for 15 months or CITI 0%

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2012 4:00 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
8586 posts
1621 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
TorontoEh wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2006 9:09 am
i got mine as well, gave 5K, just what i needed. Thogh kinda odd they sent 2 sets of checks, 1 you have to fil out your address and the other set has already prewritten my info? but the latter set cheques expire JAN 22, 07...so will surely deposit them before expiry!!!!

overall, excellent deal...i might call and get limit hiked up. has anyone tried this yet?
The cheques with the expiry date are the ones you use for the promotional rate. The other cheques, throw them out. If you use the cheques without the expiry date they will be considered a normal cash advance and you will pay the full ~18% interest.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
6539 posts
563 upvotes
TO
don242 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2006 9:43 am
The cheques with the expiry date are the ones you use for the promotional rate. The other cheques, throw them out. If you use the cheques without the expiry date they will be considered a normal cash advance and you will pay the full ~18% interest.
oh cr*p..thanks for advising..didnt know that...i dont even think within the literature it mentions that? oh and i guess you dont have to activate the card to be using the cheques as someone already mentioned in posts above?
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC ;)
PSA: Virgin Atlantic clubhouse at LAX T-2 only open from 5a-10:30a for LoungeKey/PP club members.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2002
2226 posts
447 upvotes
I just applied for a card, but how does this balance transfer thing work? Please bear with my since I've never used a balance transfer before and never had anything owing on a credit card.

Say they authorize my card with a limit of $30,000. Once I receive the 0% balance transfer cheques, I can just write $30,000 to myself and deposit that into my saving account for example? The $30,000 debit on the credit card goes interest free until October 07?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
8586 posts
1621 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
HunkaHunkaBurningLove wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2006 11:28 am
I just applied for a card, but how does this balance transfer thing work? Please bear with my since I've never used a balance transfer before and never had anything owing on a credit card.

Say they authorize my card with a limit of $30,000. Once I receive the 0% balance transfer cheques, I can just write $30,000 to myself and deposit that into my saving account for example? The $30,000 debit on the credit card goes interest free until October 07?
Exactly right. Just make sure you use the cheques with the expiry date on them, not any other ones they send.

You will have to make the minimum payment though each month which is 2.1% (can't remember exact number).
Dec 23, 2005
16 posts
Is it me or the code doesn't work any more. I tried IE and Firefow...no luck.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2002
2226 posts
447 upvotes
Whoa, I just tried it again, and it's also giving me the same error. I wonder if the promo may have ended today. I applied this afternoon, and it was still working then! I guess I just slipped by under the wire. People might try calling the toll free number and mentioning the code. Maybe a CSR can still get it working.
May 20, 2006
184 posts
46 upvotes
don242 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2006 9:43 am

According to the CSR I spoke to when I initiated my 1st balance transfer, all balance transfers made within the 1 year from acceptance are at 0%. Obviously I'll call back before I attempt to do a 2nd balance transfer (once the original one gets paid down a bit), but if true, it doesn't matter which checks you use.
Dec 26, 2004
605 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
Hello Everyone,

Just in time for the Christmas shopping and BILLS! Here is a 0% code until Jan 08! So, enjoy, spend and payoff with NO interest!!

0% until JAN 08 - P6L

My little gift to the RFD community! :cheesygri

Merry Christmas and a wonderful NEW YEAR to all! :D

--TheDonald
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
8885 posts
414 upvotes
Toronto
Canadiantire Option Master is offering master cheques with Special Interster Rate 1.9% for the balance transfer.

Question: can we deposit the cheque to President's Choice Financial saving account which has 4% interest rate? Then end up we can earn 2.1% interest with transfer balance.

Any other fee did I miss to count?

Thanks for any comments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Nov 27, 2005
649 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
thedonald wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2006 10:49 am
Hello Everyone,

Just in time for the Christmas shopping and BILLS! Here is a 0% code until Jan 08! So, enjoy, spend and payoff with NO interest!!

0% until JAN 08 - P6L

--TheDonald
Do you just sit there and try out various combinations all day? :D

BTW, P6M and P6N also works.
Dec 23, 2005
16 posts
Works! Thanks!

Merry Christmas!

thedonald wrote:
Hello Everyone,

0% until JAN 08 - P6L

--TheDonald
Dec 11, 2005
19 posts
115 upvotes
It works. Thank you.

Merry Christmas!

thedonald wrote:
Hello Everyone,

0% until JAN 08 - P6L

--TheDonald
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
8586 posts
1621 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
copter wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2006 9:57 am
According to the CSR I spoke to when I initiated my 1st balance transfer, all balance transfers made within the 1 year from acceptance are at 0%. Obviously I'll call back before I attempt to do a 2nd balance transfer (once the original one gets paid down a bit), but if true, it doesn't matter which checks you use.
Maybe true but I know when I got this card in August, they sent some BT cheques to me but they had no expiry. I called and CSR warned me that if I use those I would be charged the full 18% rate. I was only to use the cheques with the expiry date. So what is correct I don't know, so be sure to call and make sure.