Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CIBC

1.99% for life MBNA MC or MBNA 0% interest Mastercard for 15 months or CITI 0%

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2012 4:00 pm
Jul 18, 2009
13 posts
Oakville
I meant to post this earlier in the week but have been sick.... anyway, there was just an article in the Toronto Star talking about how many U.S credit card companies are totally cancelling/limiting their contract/agreements with their Cdn clients due to the "credit crunch". Supposedly for preventative mesures.
Capital One will be ending its low prime plus 0.9 per cent rate because of the higher cost of doing business in Canada, spokeswoman Laurel Ostfield said.

"We are switching some of our customers to our best available product (5.99 per cent annual percentage rate, fixed for three years), which is very competitive in the marketplace."

This week, Capital One started notifying customers that the new rate will show up on their October statements.

By Sept. 4, cardholders will have to decide whether to accept the new rate or reject it.

If they reject it, they will have to stop charging new purchases to their cards.

But they can pay off their current balances under the existing terms for as long as they like
Nov 21, 2008
5 posts
Montreal
Hi !

I'm looking to get a new RBC credit card with the 1.9% or 2.9% interest rate.
Is it still available?

Many thanks
Mar 23, 2004
47728 posts
13898 upvotes
Markham
espadrilles wrote: Hi !

I'm looking to get a new RBC credit card with the 1.9% or 2.9% interest rate.
Is it still available?

Many thanks
not at of right now...the link i gave to the op is expired and i cant find anything on new ones so far.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13462 posts
4622 upvotes
GTA
[quote="ShellyB72" post_id="9202750" time="1249684732" user_id="246004"]

But they can pay off their current balances under the existing terms for as long as they like
Jun 19, 2009
4 posts
Toronto
Ironically, my mother just got approved as well for $10K on 0% for 15 months. She applied before July 1st so I can't comment on whether there is NOW a requirement to pay 1% of the outstanding balance, but it took over 5 weeks to receive. She actually received this offer in the mail and just snail mailed it back. No muss, no fuss.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4627 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
basketball33 wrote: Ironically, my mother just got approved as well for $10K on 0% for 15 months. She applied before July 1st so I can't comment on whether there is NOW a requirement to pay 1% of the outstanding balance, but it took over 5 weeks to receive. She actually received this offer in the mail and just snail mailed it back. No muss, no fuss.
If they received the application. (or perhaps you can argue it was posted before July 1st) she will be eligible for $10mo payment.
Jun 19, 2009
4 posts
Toronto
So considering that my mother just got approved, I applied for my third card, but received a rejection letter, saying that I had sufficient credit from MBNA. I called up and suggested that I was going to cancel my account and the CSR said that if I cleared my balance, she would be able to offer me a deal to stay, such as 1.99% or 2.99%. But she was frank with me and said she couldn't offer anything while I still carried a balance. I took her point, why should they offer something now? What if I can't pay off the balance?? So yesterday, I paid off the balance with about 2 weeks to go in my latest 15 mths/0% promo period. I now asked for a deal. The new CSR said:" I can't offer you anything until your existing promo ends on Sept 1.

So I just suggested wouldn't it be easier to cancel my existing acct and apply for a new one right now? They closed the acct immediately and then claimed they couldn't "Find" the code that I gave them for 15mths/0%. I said thats OK, I'll just go online and use it. I went to www.creditrsvp.com, used the
CG4H code and it confirmed that it was for 0% for 15 months.

I should get an answer in a month
Jun 19, 2009
4 posts
Toronto
Shylok, I didn't see anywhere in the application where it says that the repayments are subject to a 1% payback each month. Can anyone confirm this is actually the case??
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4627 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
nickctn wrote: My mom just got a new code for 0% for 15 months: CG4H

You can also apply online at http://www.creditrsvp.com using that code.
Thanks for the code.. Haven't seen that site though.

Why is this in expired deals??
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
12184 posts
5651 upvotes
Ottawa
I decided to call MBNA today to check the status of my application because I applied 2 weeks ago and I have not heard nor received anything in the mail.

I spoke to a pretty helpful credit analyst and he asked me a few financial questions and ended up approving the application so I should be getting the new card in the mail within a week or so.

I already have a MBNA card with a decent limit so he simply transferred a big portion of that card to the new one and that is how much I will get for the 0% balance transfer. I tried to negotiate for more but no dice. Still better than nothing.

I don't know why the application stays in the system without anyone looking into it so it helps speaking to a live person.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
4869 posts
2743 upvotes
Quebec
i dont understand, i have also receive the offer of 0% for 15 month on Balance Transfert...but it look like there is Balance Transfert fees, on the back of the application in capital and bold

THERE WILL BE A TRANSACTION FEE EQUAL TO 1% OF THE DOLLARD AMOUNT OF ANY BALANCE TRANSFER INITIATED WITH THIS APPLICATION. A MINIMUM FEE OF 7.50$ WILL APPLY

so is that mean, if i make a BT after i receive my creditcard, there will be NO FEE, and is anybody know if i can transfert the money to clear my line of credit(marge de credit) at TD?
Jun 20, 2009
4 posts
Hello,

I m trying to enter this priority code but its coming up invalid, what should i do now. thanx
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21468 posts
4884 upvotes
YUL
pharmacistgju wrote: Hello,

I m trying to enter this priority code but its coming up invalid, what should i do now. thanx
Where are you entering this?
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13462 posts
4622 upvotes
GTA
HyperTech wrote:
so is that mean, if i make a BT after i receive my creditcard, there will be NO FEE, and is anybody know if i can transfert the money to clear my line of credit(marge de credit) at TD?
Always a fee, unless you can get them to waive it, but highly unlikely anymore.

You can pay off TD LOC.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)