Expired Hot Deals

[CIBC] 1.99% for life MBNA MC or MBNA 0% interest Mastercard for 15 months or CITI 0%

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2012 4:00 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
1823 posts
9 upvotes
Hugh Jass wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2010 10:57 pm
I agree. I had mine setup for the 5th, which gives ample time to make it by the 11th.
True, but not ample time if they move the payment date up, which apparently they did. For normal credit cards, I'd say you'd be fine with these time frames. With this deal, I pay as soon as possible. If you are late on your payment, they interest rate jumps from 1.99% to around 28%. I'm so cautious with these things ever since a few years ago when I almost missed a payment.

If they moved the payment date up and you were late, you could always call them and plead for mercy, but it would be entirely up to them to give you a break or not.

I don't know if they moved the payment date to comply with new regulations coming in to effect in September requiring a minimum 21 day grace period, or if they were trying to get you to slip up. Either way, I still recommend making your minimum payment as soon as it's posted.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3227 posts
235 upvotes
Why do you guys do the automatic payments through your bank, it is way safer to fill out the form that authorizes MBNA to withdraw the required amount, I did this based on the advice way earlier in this thread, I suggest you guys do the same.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
1823 posts
9 upvotes
Rockstead wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2010 11:29 pm
Why do you guys do the automatic payments through your bank, it is way safer to fill out the form that authorizes MBNA to withdraw the required amount, I did this based on the advice way earlier in this thread, I suggest you guys do the same.
I'm not big on allowing access to my bank account. I don't pay the minimum amount on my MBNA anyway. Even though the interest rate can't be beat, I don't want this debt to last a decade. I pay $300 a month. If I pay it as soon as my bill is posted, I think it's good enough coverage for me for any perceivable event.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11506 posts
2923 upvotes
GTA
yyzfa wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2010 11:43 pm
i'm not big on allowing access to my bank account.
+1.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 19, 2008
31 posts
EASTERN PASSAGE
Hugh Jass wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2010 10:34 pm
Was expecting a rise in minimum payment on Aug statement but it's the same, roughly $50 a month ( interest + $10).
I was also expecting (and bracing for) the minimum payment to increase (to Interest + 1% of balance) this month. The statement just came with no increase. Does anyone know why? I wonder if I should still expect an increase to take effect next month. I hesitate to call MBNA...
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3227 posts
235 upvotes
YYZFA wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2010 11:43 pm
I'm not big on allowing access to my bank account. I don't pay the minimum amount on my MBNA anyway. Even though the interest rate can't be beat, I don't want this debt to last a decade. I pay $300 a month. If I pay it as soon as my bill is posted, I think it's good enough coverage for me for any perceivable event.
I don't pay the minimum either, I'm trying to pay it off as well, the deal is just too good and I would never risk screwing it up, thta's why I authorize them to withdraw it.
Oct 31, 2007
3364 posts
445 upvotes
jobeck wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2010 7:49 am
I was also expecting (and bracing for) the minimum payment to increase (to Interest + 1% of balance) this month. The statement just came with no increase. Does anyone know why? I wonder if I should still expect an increase to take effect next month. I hesitate to call MBNA...
Same for me, I assume it will be next month's bill that sees the increase, in the mean time I didn't complain at only having to pay $25 vs ~$95 even for just one more month :D
May 19, 2008
31 posts
EASTERN PASSAGE
nufan wrote:
Aug 24th, 2010 9:04 am
Same for me, I assume it will be next month's bill that sees the increase, in the mean time I didn't complain at only having to pay $25 vs ~$95 even for just one more month :D
I did end up calling MBNA for another reason, and also asked about the minimum payment. The rep said that for many customers the new payment calculation will take effect for September's statement. (It's almost September already!)

I was definitely hoping to drag out this offer longer, since the rate is so great.
Oct 31, 2007
3364 posts
445 upvotes
Just got this month's statement and the new minimum payment is in effect now :evil: Mine went from ~$23 to $102 this month :(
Mar 23, 2004
37934 posts
4119 upvotes
Markham
nufan wrote:
Sep 8th, 2010 4:15 pm
Just got this month's statement and the new minimum payment is in effect now :evil: Mine went from ~$23 to $102 this month :(

wow thats a big increase...
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
May 19, 2008
31 posts
EASTERN PASSAGE
Now that the calculation for increased minimum payments has been in effect for nine months, has anyone had any luck in getting MBNA Canada to reduce their payments to less than the sum of (1% of the balance owed and interest)?
May 19, 2008
31 posts
EASTERN PASSAGE
I wonder how the TD acquisition will affect the 1.99% life-of-balance and 0% for 15 months offers...
Mar 23, 2004
37934 posts
4119 upvotes
Markham
jobeck wrote:
Aug 15th, 2011 2:34 pm
I wonder how the TD acquisition will affect the 1.99% life-of-balance and 0% for 15 months offers...

...will likely be gone.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Apr 23, 2009
231 posts
6 upvotes
so do anyone know of any cards out there with low interest (lower than 4%) that stays for life? most of the links on the first page are not working... so i'm assuming all those promos are gone (maybe the first page needs to be updated) so the question is not asked over and over again.
Mar 23, 2004
37934 posts
4119 upvotes
Markham
acutebabe wrote:
Aug 26th, 2011 10:31 am
so do anyone know of any cards out there with low interest (lower than 4%) that stays for life? most of the links on the first page are not working... so i'm assuming all those promos are gone (maybe the first page needs to be updated) so the question is not asked over and over again.

dont think there is any anymore...
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」