Expired Hot Deals

[CIBC] 1.99% for life MBNA MC or MBNA 0% interest Mastercard for 15 months or CITI 0%

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2012 4:00 pm
Mar 5, 2002
211 posts
1 upvote
anyone try to get this deal on a current CITI card?
Oct 31, 2006
182 posts
1 upvote
Y Poons wrote:
Nov 1st, 2006 9:47 pm
YES. In fact, I had originally put the my PC Line of Credit account number, and the Citi rep called me and told me that it would be easier for them to do the BT into my bank account. So I gave him my chequing account info, got my full credit limit deposited (confirmed at 0% for 365 days) into my chequing account 5 days later, and then transferred it into my PC Plus savings account where it is earning 4% while I decide what to do with it. I should thank st7860 and THEDONALD for this deal :)
it turns out that bank account numbers are not valid (due to the number of digits) on the online app, I guess it went through initially for you because your LOC number is a credit card number. Guess I'll just have to do this the old fashioned way. :|
Mar 31, 2004
187 posts
15 upvotes
Y Poons wrote:
Nov 1st, 2006 9:47 pm
YES. In fact, I had originally put the my PC Line of Credit account number, and the Citi rep called me and told me that it would be easier for them to do the BT into my bank account. So I gave him my chequing account info, got my full credit limit deposited (confirmed at 0% for 365 days) into my chequing account 5 days later, and then transferred it into my PC Plus savings account where it is earning 4% while I decide what to do with it. I should thank st7860 and THEDONALD for this deal :)

Thanks RFD, this is great! My wife and just bought a new home and had to get a secure line of credit to put down 25k. Although the line of credit is a pretty good interest rate (prime) nothing beats 0%. This is going to save me well over one thousand dollars over the year!!!

THANKS AGAIN!!! :cheesygri
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
6461 posts
539 upvotes
TO
[QUOTE]Thanks RFD, this is great! My wife and just bought a new home and had to get a secure line of credit to put down 25k. Although the line of credit is a pretty good interest rate (prime) nothing beats 0%. This is going to save me well over one thousand dollars over the year!!![/QUOTE]

Question? You can take a cash advance and still pay 0% ? can anyone confirm pleasea>
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC ;)
PSA: Virgin Atlantic clubhouse at LAX T-2 only open from 5a-10:30a for LoungeKey/PP club members.
Mar 31, 2004
187 posts
15 upvotes
It's a balance transfer to my chequings account. As others in the thread, I confirmed that this was possible and that it's 0% until next october.
Jul 2, 2003
317 posts
went through for me you guys saved me 19% interest on 5Gs for one year thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5119 posts
758 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
Back to n a m's question.
Anyone know if I can somehow apply this to an existing citi mastercard?
Or will they let me get a new one?

I used to have two CIBC visa cards, then CIBC cancelled one which apparently happened automatically by their system because the name and address were the same..
When I explained to CIBC that I always had two in the past, one for business and one for personal use, they worked around the system for me by using my name with EXP behind it for the second card (EXP=Expenses).
Worked great for a number of years with CIBC Visa - wonder if something like that would work for citi. I could use another 0% BT for a year.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2005
4167 posts
14 upvotes
I don't think you can get this applied to your existing card, but I believe people have successfully applied for a 2nd card from Citi.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5119 posts
758 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
OK, I just applied for a second card. We'll see what happens.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2002
1352 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
Does the Zero interest for a year version of the card have a minimum income requirement? and if so is it a FIRM requirement? I have seen some cards require a pretty hefty income - and I always wonder how serious the are about that requirement. Thanks
[#[_]#]
[+[_]::]
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1220 upvotes
Sauga
(Bean) wrote:
Nov 4th, 2006 5:11 pm
Does the Zero interest for a year version of the card have a minimum income requirement? and if so is it a FIRM requirement? I have seen some cards require a pretty hefty income - and I always wonder how serious the are about that requirement. Thanks
The application lists a minimum income of $20,000.
Jun 25, 2004
250 posts
10 upvotes
What credit limit have they been giving for $20,000 income?
Mugo Web!
[OP]
Banned
Dec 24, 2004
10708 posts
151 upvotes
(Bean) wrote:
Nov 4th, 2006 5:11 pm
the hardest part is getting the first 1 or 2 cards. after about 6 to 12 months of having 1 or 2 cards, you can get a lot more choices, and the income won't matter as much, just put down a reasonably high amount and it'll probably work.
Jun 17, 2004
494 posts
1 upvote
Somebody mentioned that he/she successfully entered the bank account # into the on-line application form, other said that it won't work, only credit card # is accepted. :confused:

Can someone please confirm either way? I wanted to apply for the card, but not sure how you can take advantage of the 0% balance transfer as I don't have any outstanding balance transfer, ever?

For example, if I have to enter a credit card number but i don't have any outstanding balance transfer, so the money from Citibank would become a credit on this credit card, right? Then I need to order some cash advance cheques from that credit card company to take the money out, correct? I am worried that the CC company will charge hefty cash advance fee if I do it this way. Please advise!!!

:confused:

Thank you in advance.