Expired Hot Deals

[CIBC] 1.99% for life MBNA MC or MBNA 0% interest Mastercard for 15 months or CITI 0%

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2012 4:00 pm
Mar 8, 2006
149 posts
1 upvote
If you do a BT with this card, do you need to pay back some amount each month so that your credit score is not affected?
Sep 17, 2003
94 posts
1 upvote
Thankyou so much. Just applied and will wait for the mail to come in.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
6024 posts
432 upvotes
I signed up for the card about a month ago and I used the promo code in the first post from the expired deal section (the new code will work just fine). I just left the BT section of the online application blank and submitted it with enough info for them to give me a card.

Just because you get an offer in the mail (or here, RFD) for 0% does not necessarily mean you will GET 0%. It all depends on how good your current credit rating is. Most of the time, if your credit is good enough (as it was in my case) you won't have to worry and you'll get the 0%.

Once you receive your card in the mail, you'll have to call to talk to a rep to perform the BT. Just have a check ready with the checking account info where you want the money to go. BEFORE DOING THIS, CONFIRM WITH THE REP THAT YOU QUALIFIED FOR THE 0% BT...you don't want to do a BT at 19%...trust me...

After about 5 days you'll get the cash in your checking account. I'm still waiting for mine but I called them mid last week, so I'm giving them till wednesday before I call to complain. Assuming everything goes well with my home sale in next few weeks, I'll prob take the amount and invest it somehow...but at the very least it'll sit in my PC Financial 4% savings account while I make the minimum payments each month to keep my account in good standing.

Hope this helps.
udh wrote:
Nov 5th, 2006 3:42 am
Somebody mentioned that he/she successfully entered the bank account # into the on-line application form, other said that it won't work, only credit card # is accepted. :confused:

Can someone please confirm either way? I wanted to apply for the card, but not sure how you can take advantage of the 0% balance transfer as I don't have any outstanding balance transfer, ever?

For example, if I have to enter a credit card number but i don't have any outstanding balance transfer, so the money from Citibank would become a credit on this credit card, right? Then I need to order some cash advance cheques from that credit card company to take the money out, correct? I am worried that the CC company will charge hefty cash advance fee if I do it this way. Please advise!!!

:confused:

Thank you in advance.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
6024 posts
432 upvotes
Yes. If you miss a monthly payment, the 0% BT is REVOKED and interest starts at 19%. So make sure you make the minimum monthly payments to avoid this! If I remember correctly, it'll be about 3% of the amount owing that will be due each month.
jhyang23 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2006 4:16 am
If you do a BT with this card, do you need to pay back some amount each month so that your credit score is not affected?
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2002
1326 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
I'm kind of out of the loop about balance transfers and all, but could someone just give me a quick heads up for my situation?

I'm a student, have a Visa (applied for it on my 18th birthday and had it ever since), $2,000 limit, never accumulated any interest (1.5 years I've had it), always paid in full the day before the payment was due.

I might need $1,000-$1,500 extra for school (to pay for tuition come Nov. 15th). It's not a big deal, I think my parents can lend it to me, but if I can someone get something interest free until the summer when I'll be working again, it'll be a bonus. So, can anything be done through this offer?
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1224 upvotes
Sauga
f00kie wrote:
Nov 5th, 2006 2:32 pm
So, can anything be done through this offer?
If you're a student, you probably don't have the minimum $20,000 annual income...right?
Nov 10, 2003
727 posts
118 upvotes
Concord
i am a student.. and i got it no problem.

I didn't even enter my social insurance number. Just name, address and the usual.. Suprised me too.

I got the packages with the 0% BT and stuffs.. and has its no service charge to BT from any other credit card.

From a year i iwll save about $380

hooray
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2002
1326 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Rehan wrote:
Nov 5th, 2006 2:33 pm
If you're a student, you probably don't have the minimum $20,000 annual income...right?
Well, technically, yes. However, this is all hypothetical, I'm just learning, and who knows, maybe my parents can do this too.

I started reading at this link, and I couldn't really believe it.

So, basically, with this offer, you apply, get accepted, then ask for a balance transfer (which in the link above I concluded simply means asking for a free loan?), then the bank grants this to you and sends you a check (the money doesn't even have to be used to "pay off" a credit card loan?), and then you make the minimum payment every month before the due date to have the 0% offer + pay back everything by the end of the 12 months?

Did I miss something (little or big, its important)?
Jun 16, 2004
278 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
The promo code works, but however I couldn't continue the application. My IE has error on page (shown at the bottom) at the step 1 of 3. Did it happen to everyone?? I doubt maybe the offer is expired.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5172 posts
777 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
champion_qh wrote:
Nov 5th, 2006 7:23 pm
The promo code works, but however I couldn't continue the application. My IE has error on page (shown at the bottom) at the step 1 of 3. Did it happen to everyone?? I doubt maybe the offer is expired.
Try a different browser.
IE is garbage anyway.
I had browser trouble too - I then used firefox and everything went through without a hitch.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 28, 2006
5014 posts
13816 upvotes
Winnipeg
I just applied online, using code N6T from the first post. I used the Firefox browser and I did not run into any problems.

I did however noticed some interesting details, in the fine print.

Your application and any balance transfer, must be completed by November 30, 2006. On the summary page, it stated that the application could take up to 4 weeks to process.

Hmmm, this could be interesting.
Sep 17, 2003
94 posts
1 upvote
have any tried calling in to shorten the 4 week process?
Mar 31, 2004
187 posts
15 upvotes
I asked about this deadline and the CSR said "I've never heard that, anyways, I promise, you'll have the 0% until October 2007."
Sep 17, 2003
94 posts
1 upvote
I just called the CSR of CTI, they said my application is approved and i will receive the card in a week! Hopely i will get my 0% approve.
Jul 11, 2004
848 posts
75 upvotes
Applied hopfully they do the requested BT of 10k to my Visa account.

What's the largest someone has done?