Expired Hot Deals

[CIBC] 1.99% for life MBNA MC or MBNA 0% interest Mastercard for 15 months or CITI 0%

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2012 4:00 pm
Feb 18, 2007
26 posts
i applied for this card at the end of june and recieved with the promo rate

additionally .... anyone who doesent need this product should considder it any ways and take the money and put it into an ICICI Bank account and MAKE 4.5% interest on hte money !!!

Yay Free money
Nov 1, 2006
378 posts
203 upvotes
neilathome wrote:
Jul 19th, 2007 2:02 pm

additionally .... anyone who doesent need this product should considder it any ways and take the money and put it into an ICICI Bank account and MAKE 4.5% interest on hte money !!!

Yay Free money
Don't forget you have to pay taxes on the interest earned.
Nov 26, 2006
73 posts
neilathome wrote:
Jul 19th, 2007 2:02 pm

Yay Free money
Thanks, I hope it still not too late!
Jul 7, 2007
26 posts
winnipeg
applied 2 weeks ago over the net, got my card in the mail but only $2600 limit :evil: should I call the csr and ask for a limit increase or am i wasting my time?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2005
5782 posts
799 upvotes
shitbrick wrote:
Jul 19th, 2007 5:16 pm
applied 2 weeks ago over the net, got my card in the mail but only $2600 limit :evil: should I call the csr and ask for a limit increase or am i wasting my time?
Wasting your time, you have to wait 6 months before you can apply for a CLI.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28412 posts
1185 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
So after being denied for my 2nd Gold 0%, I called and cancelled it, simulataneously asking for my application to be resent.

Unfortunately, they wouldn't amalgamate my approved credit, and I ended up with LESS than I originally had...perhaps I should stop doing these year in year out lmao.

Oh well. Got approved a week later, and the rest is history.
PayTM - $70
PC OPT: $3953 Ebates: $59.70
100%+ BST & Heatware Est. 2005
Kijiji & FB Marketplace trash are what put a smile on my face each day
Apr 25, 2006
394 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary
tkyoshi wrote:
Jul 19th, 2007 7:03 pm
Wasting your time, you have to wait 6 months before you can apply for a CLI.

They sent me one with far less than I wanted and I called and told them to close it as it was of no use to me. They gladly upped it on the spot to the desired level (5x what I was approved for the 1st time).
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2005
5782 posts
799 upvotes
pei_boy wrote:
Jul 19th, 2007 8:32 pm
They sent me one with far less than I wanted and I called and told them to close it as it was of no use to me. They gladly upped it on the spot to the desired level (5x what I was approved for the 1st time).
Well this is like a special case, generally Citibank doesn't do this. You probably got a nice rep who had credit granting powers.

Citibank is also one of the companies that don't usually let you talk to their credit department.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7144 posts
636 upvotes
Waterloo
so i called today i applied last week and got a credit limit of 5,000 and i was asking about the 0% interest thing and they told me that they gotta wait till next week to see if was accepted for that program and he doesn't no much about the 0% interest thing so was it over or should i wait and see? if i never got accepted for the 0% interest thing i will just cancel it!
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28412 posts
1185 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
tkyoshi wrote:
Jul 20th, 2007 12:46 am
Well this is like a special case, generally Citibank doesn't do this. You probably got a nice rep who had credit granting powers.

Citibank is also one of the companies that don't usually let you talk to their credit department.
I also have a little difficulty in understand how this happened. Reps can't grant FIVE TIMES the original balance on a whim. It would appear you were speaking to the right person in the right department MOST fortuitously..but still Isn't Credit FIXED...they can't just on-a-whim increase it to X or Y dollars, because the customer asked for it :confused: :confused:
PayTM - $70
Jul 7, 2007
26 posts
winnipeg
hmm I won't bother calling them to up my limit. was hoping to get atleast 3800. If I took took out lets say.....$2500, how much would my monthly payments be? anyone have a rough estimate?
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28412 posts
1185 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
shitbrick wrote:
Jul 20th, 2007 9:13 am
hmm I won't bother calling them to up my limit. was hoping to get atleast 3800. If I took took out lets say.....$2500, how much would my monthly payments be? anyone have a rough estimate?
#1, how in HEAVEN'S name is your username even allowed lolz.
#2, just read the T&C of Citi Cards, and you'll discover how the minimum payment is calculated. You will know EXACTLY how much your min payments will be.
PayTM - $70
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2004
5434 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
bubble.tea wrote:
Jul 20th, 2007 9:59 am
#2, just read the T&C of Citi Cards, and you'll discover how the minimum payment is calculated. You will know EXACTLY how much your min payments will be.
Why do you have to be difficult? The minimum payment is 2.1%
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2005
1766 posts
93 upvotes
Calgary
bubble.tea wrote:
Jul 20th, 2007 9:59 am
Be nice to new comer ... :lol: :lol:
Banned
Aug 31, 2003
1422 posts
Toronto (Beaches) Ho…
got mine today... i applied on the 11th.. 0% balance transfer is still valid :D
Come chat live, #redflagdeals on EFNet!
Xbox Live Gamertag: Stuhaul
XBOX 360 WINNER - No