Expired Hot Deals

[CIBC] 1.99% for life MBNA MC or MBNA 0% interest Mastercard for 15 months or CITI 0%

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2012 4:00 pm
Oct 24, 2001
542 posts
34 upvotes
Vancouver
patrob wrote:
Aug 30th, 2007 10:34 pm
So is that mean they changed the rules for all the 0% cards now :?:

I went through 3 CITI credit cards with 0% BT fee's... They probably figured why not make some extra money after the RFD effect kicked in :D
Hey how did ya happen to get 3 cards? were they all gold ones??
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2006
1100 posts
70 upvotes
alreayd have a citi petro points so they didnt let me get this card :(
[OP]
Banned
Dec 24, 2004
10708 posts
151 upvotes
for example change apartment to 'unit'

and change the numbers/position around a bit so that it means the same thing but looks different.
Air Canada Aeroplan Super Elite Reservations: 1-800-401-7201 or 514-369-7598
get unlimited calls or other discounts by calling directly to:
Fido Retentions: call 611 then push 7, then push 3 - or Rogers Retentions 1-514-734-7873 or 1-866-228-7109
Telus Mobility: 1-877-279-3100 or 416-279-3100 or 1 416 296 7669 client.loyalty@telus.com
Bell Mobility: 1-866-313-1086
nice chairs http://www.eternitymodern.ca
great value - lol http://www.walmart.ca
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
3205 posts
252 upvotes
wind8899 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2007 7:11 pm
There is 1.5% transfer fee for each cheque :twisted:
bad first post man! i think the 1.5% transfer fee for each cheque was already covered a couple of pages ago! try ready a few pages back next time! :lol: :razz: :D
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
8683 posts
567 upvotes
Toronto
Is this offer still available? Hmm... I did a 8k BT almost a year ago on my Citibank... gonna finish paying it off this month.

I wonder if I can get the same promotion even though I already have the card?
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2001
2774 posts
193 upvotes
Brantford
I read through several pages and it seems that even if one gets a 0% offer with no fee transfer, there is still a requirement to make a minimum payment of 2% of the outstanding (not original) balance - is this correct?

That would put a stop to my idea of borrowing up to $40k and putting it down on the mortgage which comes up for renewal in just less than a year's time. While the savings would be nice, it would be coming up with an additional $800 every month that would be a challenge.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
5535 posts
491 upvotes
Ottawa
How long until they send you the cheques? Also would like to know if there is a min. payment every month.

I have a Citi Petro Card with a limit of 5K. I rather make this low so if I do get the 0% BT card, it'll be higher. Is it a good idea to lower your credit limit? I use the card just for gas and 500/month is more than enough for me.
Feb 27, 2007
148 posts
12 upvotes
Peterborough
I made a few phone calls there. This is what I was told:
1) They can not offer the internet based deals over the phone. Internet based deals is separate from the call centre.
2) They can not offer me a better deal over the phone. Without something rec'd in the mail the best balance transfer deal they had was 3.9%.
3) If you do not pay off your balance by the end of the year you are not charged retroactive interest.
4) If you miss a payment or miss the minimum they CAN remove you from the 0% interest plan but it is 100% for sure.
5) If you need more than 3 balance transfer checks you can calll in after you are accepted.
Feb 27, 2007
148 posts
12 upvotes
Peterborough
jeeva86 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2007 9:42 am
How long until they send you the cheques? Also would like to know if there is a min. payment every month.

I have a Citi Petro Card with a limit of 5K. I rather make this low so if I do get the 0% BT card, it'll be higher. Is it a good idea to lower your credit limit? I use the card just for gas and 500/month is more than enough for me.
Yes there is a minimum payment. I do not recall what it is as I know I will be making large payments.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
5535 posts
491 upvotes
Ottawa
I just applied but not sure how to deal with the credit limit since they gave me more than enough on my petro card.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
1759 posts
13 upvotes
Ottawa
I got stuck at the step 1. I filled out the form and clicked the continue button but the webpage didn't change. Anyone else got the same problem?
------------------------------------------------
My HEAT 99-1-0
BST Feedback: 41 Positive Feedback: 100.0%

Located in Ottawa
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2005
1659 posts
396 upvotes
Toronto
I just got my card package from Citibank today.

I'm approved for 5k, which is pretty surprising - as my other two cards have limits of 1,500, and 1,200. I'm a student, and making near minimum wage.. did they make a mistake? :-0

However, there was no mention of a 0% balance transfer promotion, anywhere on the card. I called in and the CSR told me that she put in a memo for me, and I should call back tomorrow morning to speak to a manager.

Has anyone experienced this?

Edit: read some posts before me, and noticed that this was veryy normal. Ack, let's hope I am eligible for the 0%.

If I asked for a credit limit increase (because I'm greedy), and say - the limit they gave me (5,000) was actually a mistake: could they reduce it instead? o__o
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8291 posts
4012 upvotes
mmmken wrote:
Sep 15th, 2007 1:39 am
I just got my card package from Citibank today.

I'm approved for 5k, which is pretty surprising - as my other two cards have limits of 1,500, and 1,200. I'm a student, and making near minimum wage.. did they make a mistake? :-0

However, there was no mention of a 0% balance transfer promotion, anywhere on the card. I called in and the CSR told me that she put in a memo for me, and I should call back tomorrow morning to speak to a manager.

Has anyone experienced this?

Edit: read some posts before me, and noticed that this was veryy normal. Ack, let's hope I am eligible for the 0%.

If I asked for a credit limit increase (because I'm greedy), and say - the limit they gave me (5,000) was actually a mistake: could they reduce it instead? o__o

Don't be suprised! I am a student as well and have a job that pays cash, so technically no real income. I have 4 CC's, 3 of which are platinum with combined credit of $28K ... not that I need it, but just goes to show you. CC companies dont really care about your income. They just want to give you the max available credit in hopes that you'll rack up a high bill :)
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2005
1659 posts
396 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah, but I'm only turning 19 this year (still 18, and only had my first credit card last November). My other two credit cards are both consistent with what I should be getting - and only total 2,700.

This card just comes to me, and is worth nearly double of my other two combined! I feel like I stole something haha.

Does anyone know if they are able to reduce my limit, if they deem it was a mistake?