Expired Hot Deals

[CIBC] 1.99% for life MBNA MC or MBNA 0% interest Mastercard for 15 months or CITI 0%

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2012 4:00 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3375 posts
214 upvotes
Kingston
No reason why they couldn't, but not very likely done without you requesting it.
May 30, 2006
296 posts
12 upvotes
jeeva86 wrote:
Sep 18th, 2007 11:45 am
huh?

the other code is still valid which gives you 0%.
I'm not saying otherwise...

but now they added an ad on this forum...but it's true the rate is 0.9%
Jul 1, 2006
427 posts
227 upvotes
So I just finished paying off last year's CITI 0% deal, and called in to cancel the card. The guy in "account retentions" was trying to talk me into staying as a customer anyway, because in a few months they'd probably send me another balance transfer offer in the mail.

So I mentioned that I could just close it now, and apply again with the "Rogers" deal. He said the Rogers one wasn't 0% for 12 months... and I said that I was looking at the web page with code R7B, and it explicitly states 12 months, 0%.

He put me on hold for a fair bit.

Comes back and says: "We'll just apply the new 0% offer onto your existing account to save you the trouble of reapplying. How much would you like to transfer?" :D

So, for those coming due from last year's 0% offer, it's worth having a friendly chat with retentions.

Sean.
Oct 6, 2004
904 posts
247 upvotes
^^ Thats awesome news. I was just going to cancel my card from last year and have my wife apply to take advantage of teh deal this year.
Jun 22, 2007
2 posts
Recently got this card. Good offer, no transfer fee.
Nice to know that after the promotion expires they (maybe) can offer a new 0% promotion.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28463 posts
1214 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
sckor wrote:
Sep 19th, 2007 6:31 pm
....He put me on hold for a fair bit.

Comes back and says: "We'll just apply the new 0% offer onto your existing account to save you the trouble of reapplying. How much would you like to transfer?" :D
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/ ... hmygod.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/ ... hmygod.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/ ... hmygod.gif[/IMG]

I am astounded.

You may very well be the first person I've read who's succeeded in getting this done.

I'm sure MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMANY of us are kicking ourselves at not being lucky enough to get 'this rep'. How many of us tried this VERY same approach, but were told by adamant reps, that we HAD to cancel, it and reapply :( .

Well Done!!! [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/ ... /hello.gif[/IMG]
PayTM - $80
PC OPT: $4274 Ebates: $63.50
100%+ BST & Heatware Est. 2005
Kijiji & FB Marketplace trash are what put a smile on my face each day
Sep 18, 2007
6 posts
I was told the same thing on Thursday. I had a old 0% card from last year and i wanted new one. This rep said, "They would not be able to do it". So then I told the lady that I was told (when I was planning to cancel the card sometime ago) that there would be more offers on the balance transfer and told me not to cancel the card - so I didn't. To make the long story short, I said, "if you won't give me the card for 0%, I would like to cancel the existing one". She told me that I can do that and that she would put this information on the application for the new card. I just have to wait and see (sometime next week).
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2002
3855 posts
45 upvotes
Mississauga
Just to recap:
- Apply for the card, get the limit and get a BT to your savings account (PC 4.25%).
- Pay off minimum balances until Aug 2008, profit.

The fine print says there is a 1.5% fee on each transfer cheque. Doesn't that make the profit only 4.25-1.5 = 2.75% profit?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3375 posts
214 upvotes
Kingston
You still have to make min. monthly payments(Y), so your total transfered(X) will have interested calculated as X+[(X-Y)*.0425] = Z ( for first month )
Then deduct each monthly payment from the new balance and calculate interest.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1491 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone been able to get the 1.5% fee waived/reduced?
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2005
1668 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto
max88 wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2007 9:06 pm
Has anyone been able to get the 1.5% fee waived/reduced?
I asked about it, and they told me that there was no transfer fee.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2002
3855 posts
45 upvotes
Mississauga
spinbot wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2007 8:26 pm
You still have to make min. monthly payments(Y), so your total transfered(X) will have interested calculated as X+[(X-Y)*.0425] = Z ( for first month )
Then deduct each monthly payment from the new balance and calculate interest.
Yes.. I don't want to split hairs though, I'm just asking about the transfer fees.