Expired Hot Deals

[CIBC] 1.99% for life MBNA MC or MBNA 0% interest Mastercard for 15 months or CITI 0%

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2012 4:00 pm
Sep 20, 2005
295 posts
86 upvotes
Halifax
For anyone that is interested, the MBNA 0% offer for 15-Months is still available.

I called last night, quoted the code BODX, and was approved for the offer over the phone.

1% balance transfer fee, but still hard to beat.
Oct 3, 2007
5 posts
AdmiralBenson wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2007 8:27 am
For anyone that is interested, the MBNA 0% offer for 15-Months is still available.

I called last night, quoted the code BODX, and was approved for the offer over the phone.

1% balance transfer fee, but still hard to beat.
I got my citibank gold last year and the 0%BT is done next month. I am looking for a card to transfer my remaining balance to. Where can I go to get this MBNA card?
Thanks!!
May 3, 2007
96 posts
For those people that are still waiting for approval:

The CSR I spoke to said that once you are approved, you have up to 6 months to accept the offer. After you accept the offer, you can request a balance transfer over the phone. I told the CSR that the 'Card Product Information' document states that the BT requests must be received by Oct. 15/07. He stated that you will still be able receive the 0% BT offer....I'll have to see if this is true when/if I finally get approved. Still waiting.

640m
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1295 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
still waiting

2 weeks already!!
Jan 1, 2007
8 posts
I'm looking for a 0% BT card as well. The MBNA card has a rate of 1.9% quoted on their site, or perhaps 1% if you call and mention the code that the poster above mentioned, however it appears it's only for 4 months.

Unfortunately I missed the Citi offering which has to be applied for an requests for BT's in on Monday the 8th. Ho Hum.

Please let me know if there is anything else out there being offered.. i can't seem to find anything.

Thanks
Feb 25, 2007
796 posts
7 upvotes
Richmond
PC offers 1.9% for 6 months, is that a good deal?
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
3856 posts
751 upvotes
It's a good deal if the limit is high enough. Pay them 1.9% interest, put the money into their 4.25% savings account. Earn 2.35% pre-tax with their money. :cheesygri If I could only borrow a million bucks from them this way...
dryang wrote:
Oct 10th, 2007 3:16 am
PC offers 1.9% for 6 months, is that a good deal?
signature closed for renovation
Jan 1, 2007
8 posts
:)
However I'm looking to 'make' money, just save money on a high interest card by transferring the balance to something low rate. 1.9% for 6 is ok I guess.. 6 months is all the time I need, I just wish it was 0% or close to it.

Thanks for the info!!
Jan 29, 2004
170 posts
7 upvotes
Has anyone received anything stating that this is no longer valid? When I call for a status they just tell me that it should go through. No mention of the October 8th date.

I have been looking for a 0% balance transfer fee credit card they are many available in the states none here though damn.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2004
1688 posts
19 upvotes
North York
Just got off phone with CITI retention CSR.

Paid off 12k last week and called in to cancel the card this morning.

After the card is cancelled. this afternoon, I saw the post in previous page that someone getting "R7B" apply to the existing account.

I called back and ask the same thing , the first CSR had no clue about this. She said I have to reapply it again.

Called again right after the first one. ask the rep to transfer me to Retetion dept right away. Then I told them I have the R7B offer as well, if they can't apply to my account. I 'll just reapply it. The rep went away for a few moment, came back saying " 0% is applying on your reopened account and how much do you wanna transfer today".

hint: don't talk to regular CSR, speak with people in retetion dept.
if ur citicard is already cancelled. You can also call back to ask this offer.
They can reopen the account for you just like what they did to me.

hope this helps
Dec 18, 2006
886 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
hoyoto wrote:
Oct 10th, 2007 6:51 pm
Just got off phone with CITI retention CSR.

Paid off 12k last week and called in to cancel the card this morning.

After the card is cancelled. this afternoon, I saw the post in previous page that someone getting "R7B" apply to the existing account.

I called back and ask the same thing , the first CSR had no clue about this. She said I have to reapply it again.

Called again right after the first one. ask the rep to transfer me to Retetion dept right away. Then I told them I have the R7B offer as well, if they can't apply to my account. I 'll just reapply it. The rep went away for a few moment, came back saying " 0% is applying on your reopened account and how much do you wanna transfer today".

hint: don't talk to regular CSR, speak with people in retetion dept.
if ur citicard is already cancelled. You can also call back to ask this offer.
They can reopen the account for you just like what they did to me.

hope this helps
Sorry what is R7B? I looked thru the last page but cannot find it.... thanks, Ii have the card and had done BTs since about May now, will it still work for me?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2004
1688 posts
19 upvotes
North York
k288 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2007 7:23 pm
Sorry what is R7B? I looked thru the last page but cannot find it.... thanks, Ii have the card and had done BTs since about May now, will it still work for me?
R7B is code from Rogers. You can call and ask them .
Feb 27, 2004
298 posts
10 upvotes
I've tried calling Citi multiple times and the CSR's refuse to transfer you to Retentions, saying "Oh I can help you with that". Of course they deny you for already having had a card.

I'm tired of their crap - is there a 0% MBNA offer right now?
You'll go broke saving money here....
Sep 20, 2005
295 posts
86 upvotes
Halifax
bwlandu wrote:
Oct 9th, 2007 12:26 pm
I'm looking for a 0% BT card as well. The MBNA card has a rate of 1.9% quoted on their site, or perhaps 1% if you call and mention the code that the poster above mentioned, however it appears it's only for 4 months.

Unfortunately I missed the Citi offering which has to be applied for an requests for BT's in on Monday the 8th. Ho Hum.

Please let me know if there is anything else out there being offered.. i can't seem to find anything.

Thanks
Actually the BODX is 1% (fee on balance transfer) for 15-months.
The 15-months is the longest duration I've seen.
Oct 3, 2007
5 posts
I called MBNA last night and used the code BODX. I was approved over the phone for a $5000 limit platinum card and will get it in 7 to 10 days. Balance transfer is 0% for 15 months, the only catch is there is a 1% transfer fee. So what... I need to transfer 2500, so that's like $25
best deal I could find.