Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CIBC

1.99% for life MBNA MC or MBNA 0% interest Mastercard for 15 months or CITI 0%

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2012 4:00 pm
Aug 24, 2008
4 posts
1 upvote
Ontario, Canada
I'm just speaking with one of the MBNA reps and they are saying that I can't use the code unless I was part of that "special mailer" he actually said it was "tied" to the person it was mailed to.

Any suggestions?
Jun 28, 2006
296 posts
13 upvotes
I just applied with BODX, and she knew right away that it was 0% for 15 months. I am awaiting approval. I have one from last year, that was paid off, and complete. She made no mention of me already having a card with them.
Mar 23, 2004
47726 posts
13898 upvotes
Markham
VMSHappy333 wrote: I'm just speaking with one of the MBNA reps and they are saying that I can't use the code unless I was part of that "special mailer" he actually said it was "tied" to the person it was mailed to.

Any suggestions?
call again. You just got a tough rep.
Sep 12, 2007
169 posts
Ontario
ecobuilder wrote: I can confirm the BODX code still works as I just applied for the card this morning.

One thing I noticed that hasn't been mentioned is during his spiel, he stated that the 0% for 15 months also applied to purchases but not cash advances. Was he mistaken? I thought it applied only to balance transfers. I don't care either way as I'll be doing the BT next week.

I just called and used the BODW code and it worked.

I was told 0% for 15 months was for BT and cash advances...
But the lady did mention something about 0% interest for 15 statements.. so maybe it's 0% for purchases as well.
Aug 28, 2007
22 posts
21 upvotes
VMSHappy333 wrote: I'm just speaking with one of the MBNA reps and they are saying that I can't use the code unless I was part of that "special mailer" he actually said it was "tied" to the person it was mailed to.

Any suggestions?
If they ask about the mailer again just say you got it and it had a sticker on... apparently those are not personalized and they'll accept it. If not, just keep calling.
Feb 24, 2007
552 posts
8 upvotes
Richmond Hill / King…
Greetings!

I was approved last year for the 0% for 15 months promotion. It will end October 2008. I have been getting conflicting answers regarding possible renewal of this promo. I have been told by some people that it is possible to renew this promo. However, upon calling MBNA customer service, I was told that it was not possible to renew a promotion. So I'm a little perplexed as to which one is the correct thing.

Has anybody here been able to renew their card before the promotion expired? If yes, how did you go about it? Which number did you call (as there are several numbers associated with MBNA)? What exactly did you ask for?

I'd just like to know what my options are... Whether I should try to renew this promotion, find a new promotion (with MBNA) and transfer the balance on this card to a new MBNA card, or find a new promotion with a different credit card (not MBNA).

Any help or suggestion would be much appreciated. Thank you very much.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6502 posts
2550 upvotes
Calgary
monty555 wrote: Greetings!

I was approved last year for the 0% for 15 months promotion. It will end October 2008. I have been getting conflicting answers regarding possible renewal of this promo. I have been told by some people that it is possible to renew this promo. However, upon calling MBNA customer service, I was told that it was not possible to renew a promotion. So I'm a little perplexed as to which one is the correct thing.

Has anybody here been able to renew their card before the promotion expired? If yes, how did you go about it? Which number did you call (as there are several numbers associated with MBNA)? What exactly did you ask for?

I'd just like to know what my options are... Whether I should try to renew this promotion, find a new promotion (with MBNA) and transfer the balance on this card to a new MBNA card, or find a new promotion with a different credit card (not MBNA).

Any help or suggestion would be much appreciated. Thank you very much.
as has been stated probably 200 times, you CAN NOT RENEW the offer, HOWEVER

you can get a new card, with a new BDOX promo, and then have them "merge the credit limit" of the old card, on to the new one, thus giving you more available credit, and having the 15 month promo again.
Feb 24, 2007
552 posts
8 upvotes
Richmond Hill / King…
T3rry wrote: as has been stated probably 200 times, you CAN NOT RENEW the offer, HOWEVER

you can get a new card, with a new BDOX promo, and then have them "merge the credit limit" of the old card, on to the new one, thus giving you more available credit, and having the 15 month promo again.
Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.
Mar 23, 2004
47726 posts
13898 upvotes
Markham
T3rry wrote: as has been stated probably 200 times, you CAN NOT RENEW the offer, HOWEVER

will the csr check the records, and say u have had the promo already and wont let u apply for a new card?! or do they just do applications and nothing else?!
Banned
Dec 24, 2004
10708 posts
152 upvotes
dont tell them you have a card already until you ALREADY have the 2nd card.
Air Canada Aeroplan Super Elite Reservations: 1-800-401-7201 or 514-369-7598
get unlimited calls or other discounts by calling directly to:
Fido Retentions: call 611 then push 7, then push 3 - or Rogers Retentions 1-514-734-7873 or 1-866-228-7109
Telus Mobility: 1-877-279-3100 or 416-279-3100 or 1 416 296 7669 client.loyalty@telus.com
Bell Mobility: 1-866-313-1086
nice chairs http://www.eternitymodern.ca
great value - lol http://www.walmart.ca
Sep 3, 2008
93 posts
Fan-couver Beautiful…
st7860 wrote: dont tell them you have a card already until you ALREADY have the 2nd card.
Wouldn't they already know you already have a card after you gave them your personal information and they plugged it in their computer data-base?
Banned
Dec 24, 2004
10708 posts
152 upvotes
Jenthenaturelover wrote: Wouldn't they already know what's you gave them your personal information and they plugged it in their computer data-base?
if they didnt want people to have 2nd cards they could easily program the computer to reject a 2nd application.
Air Canada Aeroplan Super Elite Reservations: 1-800-401-7201 or 514-369-7598
get unlimited calls or other discounts by calling directly to:
Fido Retentions: call 611 then push 7, then push 3 - or Rogers Retentions 1-514-734-7873 or 1-866-228-7109
Telus Mobility: 1-877-279-3100 or 416-279-3100 or 1 416 296 7669 client.loyalty@telus.com
Bell Mobility: 1-866-313-1086
nice chairs http://www.eternitymodern.ca
great value - lol http://www.walmart.ca
Sep 3, 2008
93 posts
Fan-couver Beautiful…
st7860 wrote: if they didnt want people to have 2nd cards they could easily program the computer to reject a 2nd application.
I know, but I'm just wondering if you give them your name, DOB, and stuff they'd automatically know your history.

This still wouldn't mean you couldn't get a new card, but they'd know your credit threshold.
Feb 4, 2007
931 posts
7 upvotes
Jenthenaturelover wrote: I know, but I'm just wondering if you give them your name, DOB, and stuff they'd automatically know your history.

This still wouldn't mean you couldn't get a new card, but they'd know your credit threshold.
They know what and how many cards you have with them. No matter to them as long as you're creditworthy. They even suggest that you move around your available credit.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6502 posts
2550 upvotes
Calgary
just do it, the worst that'll happen is they'll say no.

tons of people in this thread have been successful getting a second card, read back.

I dont know what everybody is so afraid of, just try it. like i said, worst they can do is say no.
Mar 23, 2004
47726 posts
13898 upvotes
Markham
what about the citi promo? will we be able to do the same like the mbna promo (apply for a second card) assuming it continues after april 2009?

and is there instant approval for citi like mbna?
Jul 21, 2006
364 posts
5 upvotes
citi won't do instant approval. And if they find out you have more than one card with them, they will deny your application and offer to increase your credit limit instead.
Feb 4, 2007
931 posts
7 upvotes
jchanq wrote: citi won't do instant approval. And if they find out you have more than one card with them, they will deny your application and offer to increase your credit limit instead.
+1. Citi is not as generous as MBNA. Their AIR is also higher on most cards.
Mar 23, 2004
47726 posts
13898 upvotes
Markham
jchanq wrote: citi won't do instant approval. And if they find out you have more than one card with them, they will deny your application and offer to increase your credit limit instead.
i see, well i already have 2 cards with them...--*

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)