Shopping Discussion

1 cent short, will it make any difference?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2012 7:43 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2011
4225 posts
56 upvotes
NORTH YORK
cheapmeister wrote: No it is not my first time filing a return. It is going to be my first time doing the return myself instead of having it done by someone else.
Then dont worry. Its straight forward. Just don't listen to torrents and other free cough* stuff.

This is legal and popular. First time try the wizard. Get all T4/T4A together and enter. Make sure to claim books if you are student, RRSP. Download it now and you will be expert in few minutes.

Did you get the code from CRA for filing?

Its Easy.
"Internet is serious business" HeeHeeHee.
Losers/trolls waste time posting this "I don't feel like wasting time researching nonsense and trying to disprove the collective theories of a group of people that do not have, or deserve, even the tiniest shred of credibility. I'd rather amuse myself."
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21264 posts
6247 upvotes
Poormond Hill
cheapmeister wrote: How? Torrents?

I think he meant that you walk out the store without paying for it.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
12939 posts
1862 upvotes
Brampton
manmanny wrote: Then dont worry. Its straight forward. Just don't listen to torrents and other free cough* stuff.

This is legal and popular. First time try the wizard. Get all T4/T4A together and enter. Make sure to claim books if you are student, RRSP. Download it now and you will be expert in few minutes.

Did you get the code from CRA for filing?

Its Easy.
Okay I will try studiotax.
sandikosh wrote: I think he meant that you walk out the store without paying for it.

Only time I have done that is when they out free sample and stuff!
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2009
2689 posts
112 upvotes
I thought Ufile was free.. or is that only for students? :confused:
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
12939 posts
1862 upvotes
Brampton
biee wrote: I thought Ufile was free.. or is that only for students? :confused:

Well its $19.99 in future shop. I thought the online version is a trial?
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Apr 29, 2011
710 posts
43 upvotes
Innisfil
-UFile is free to do your taxes on....until you want to submit it to the CRA :razz:

-Another way to do it yourself and for free (well, you have to pay postage) is to pick up the CRA Tax book made out of recycled toilet paper and complete it all on paper. I'm reading through the booklets right now bit by bit and I find it quite useful. :)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6826 posts
1482 upvotes
Manitoba
cheapmeister wrote: But it is only a 1 cent difference! :mad:

Computers show no mercy. Remember that when Skynet goes live and the war against the machines begins! :cry:
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29709 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
cheapmeister wrote: But it is only a 1 cent difference! :mad:
Tell that to FS.

Suppose they programmed their computer to let $19.99 get free shipping.
Then someone would start whining that what they want to buy is $19.98, which is now only a 1¢ difference, and should ship for free.

So they program their computer to let $19.98 get free shipping.
Then someone would start whining that what they want to buy is $19.97, which is now only a 1¢ difference, and should ship for free.

So they program their computer to let $19.97 get free shipping.
Rinse and repeat.

Eventually they start to ship everything for free, no matter the value. All we have to do is put up with 1,999 RFD whiners first :twisted:
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7608 posts
7342 upvotes
cheapmeister wrote: Is studio tax easy to use? I am doing my taxes for the first time by myself so I want something that is easy to follow and foolproof so I don't screw up!

I did my taxes in 5 minutes with StudioTax last night - though it helped that I did a filing last yr, and it carried over my settings and some amounts from 2010.
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
12939 posts
1862 upvotes
Brampton
xalex0 wrote: Why do you even bother? Get StudioTax for free.

Okay, I downloaded this software, but it gives me a warning that my screen resolution needs to be set do 96dpi for this program to work properly? Another screen will pop up but I cannot click on the cancel/next icons at the bottom of the screen. The icons are placed too low for clicking. The X icon in the top right doesn't close that screen and therefore the program is now locked up.

So am I suppose to run studiotax on the lowest resolution setting for it to work properly?
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
12939 posts
1862 upvotes
Brampton
cheapmeister wrote: Okay, I downloaded this software, but it gives me a warning that my screen resolution needs to be set do 96dpi for this program to work properly? Another screen will pop up but I cannot click on the cancel/next icons at the bottom of the screen. The icons are placed too low for clicking. The X icon in the top right doesn't close that screen and therefore the program is now locked up.

So am I suppose to run studiotax on the lowest resolution setting for it to work properly?

Oh never mind, I changed my resolution and now it works.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!