Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

1 Day Only Canada Computers OCZ Agility 3 2.5" 120GB SATA3 6GB/s SSD $89.99 IR + MIR

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2012 7:18 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2012
2830 posts
700 upvotes
Ottawa

[Canada Computers] 1 Day Only Canada Computers OCZ Agility 3 2.5" 120GB SATA3 6GB/s SSD $89.99 IR + MIR

Canada Computers has a Deal of The Day for today only on the OCZ Agility 3 2.5" 120GB SATA3 6GB/s Solid State for $89.99 after an Instant Rebate of $35 and a Mail In Rebate of $15.
OCZ Agility 3 SATA III Solid State Drives are designed and built to provide an exceptional balance of performance and value. The Agility 3 Series implements the cutting-edge SATA 6Gbps interface to deliver excellent sequential and random data transfer rates, significantly improving your computing experience over hard drives.In addition to enhanced performance, an Agility 3 upgrade promotes cooler, quieter, and more energy efficient conditions compared to traditional mechanical hard drives. With no moving parts, SSDs provide peace of mind with their superior durability and reliability. Unique and innovative, Agility 3 SSDs deliver a one-of-a-kind storage solution.

More Information:
Manufacturer: OCZ Technology, Inc
Manufacturer Part Number: AGT3-25SAT3-120G
Manufacturer Website Address: www.ocztechnology.com
Brand Name: OCZ Technology
Product Line: Agility 3
Product Model: AGT3-25SAT3-120G
Product Name: Agility 3 MLC Solid State Drive
Product Type: Solid State Drive

Features
Max Read: up to 525MB/s
Max Write: up to 500MB/s
Random Write 4KB: 50,000 IOPS
Maximum 4K Random Write: 85,000 IOPS
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_ ... _id=038694

MIR Form : http://img.canadacomputers.com/ProductI ... 053112.pdf

MIR Ends May 31,2012 so if you're buying, send them in as soon as possible

Tiger Direct seems to be having the same sale as well
20 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
1682 posts
881 upvotes
Montreal
Buyers beware- I bought A LOT of OCZ SSD's for work and they have a 50/50 failure rate. I suggest intel SSD's, even if they are more expensive.
Aug 25, 2010
658 posts
227 upvotes
Bulletwithbatwings wrote: Buyers beware- I bought A LOT of OCZ SSD's for work and they have a 50/50 failure rate. I suggest intel SSD's, even if they are more expensive.

what versions and when did you buy them? I know OCZ has had troubles in the past, but I've heard good things about them recently.
Dec 3, 2009
495 posts
129 upvotes
Etobicoke
Bulletwithbatwings wrote: Buyers beware- I bought A LOT of OCZ SSD's for work and they have a 50/50 failure rate. I suggest intel SSD's, even if they are more expensive.
Most of the previous OCZ hard drive issue were due to the firmware bug in the Sandforce controller.
http://www.techradar.com/news/computing ... ue-1034655
While this hard drive still uses the sandforce controller, the new Vertex 4 OCZ drives do not. They use their proprietary indilinx controller instead.
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/o ... ead_speeds

On the other hand Intel SSDs started using the same Sandforce controller last year so I am not sure Intel is the way to go anymore...
Jan 5, 2010
200 posts
117 upvotes
Ottawa
toxikwaste wrote: what versions and when did you buy them? I know OCZ has had troubles in the past, but I've heard good things about them recently.

Agreed. I had trouble in the past, but the replacement SSD has been rock solid so far. Mind you, I'm a sample size of 1, so take this with a grain of salt. But I'd be willing to buy another OCZ SSD (provided I've still got my backup regimen in place). For the record I've got a smaller Agility III in a Macbook Pro.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7282 posts
1820 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Yes Sandforce controllers had a lot of problems but they occur mostly to OCZ drives so I wouldn't turn away from Sandforce completely. As for the OCZ drives themselves as long as you update the firmware to the latest you should be alright now.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2012
2830 posts
700 upvotes
Ottawa
pompoco wrote: Or pm at me for additional $7.5 off....
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX33366
Both have the MIR so I don't think they'd need to PM that. It'll be $114.99 ME Price and $104.99 CC Price. $10 Difference with 25% PM? Only $2.50
Thought about adding that in OP an hour ago but the difference doesn't seem worth it for anyone not living in an area with a ME Store. Shipping kills all of these deals.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
1682 posts
881 upvotes
Montreal
toxikwaste wrote: what versions and when did you buy them? I know OCZ has had troubles in the past, but I've heard good things about them recently.

I bought a batch of OCZSSD3-2VTX120G at the end of last year. I sent 1/2 my batch back for RMA's
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2012
2830 posts
700 upvotes
Ottawa
djemzine wrote: Better one?
OCZ Agility 3 SATA III 2.5"
OCZ Octane SATA III 2.5"

Not a Computer Techie so I don't really know how to tell which is better. I've read that IOPS is something to take note of when buying SSD's though.

AGILITY
Random Write 4KB: 45,000 IOPS

OCTANE
Max Read: up to 470MB/s
Max Write: up to 210MB/s
Random Write 4KB: 18,000 IOPS
Random Read 4KB: 35,000 IOPS
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9311 upvotes
Kwonie wrote: OCZ Agility 3 SATA III 2.5"
OCZ Octane SATA III 2.5"

Not a Computer Techie so I don't really know how to tell which is better. I've read that IOPS is something to take note of when buying SSD's though.

AGILITY
Random Write 4KB: 45,000 IOPS

OCTANE
Max Read: up to 470MB/s
Max Write: up to 210MB/s
Random Write 4KB: 18,000 IOPS
Random Read 4KB: 35,000 IOPS

Hmm, well I was referring to the part where someone has mentioned his OCZ drives have failed in the past and such. Hence why I was asking if this model has less chance of failing/RMAing.
Blanka
Nov 25, 2011
425 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
I'd also add my OCZ is fine for another sample size of 1. I used it pretty heavily too. Thinking of getting this deal for my 2nd computer though which would increase my sample!
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2009
1116 posts
450 upvotes
Toronto
Bought mine a few weeks ago and no problems yet
Aug 11, 2001
367 posts
19 upvotes
I've used nothing but OCZ SSD's and have not had a single 1 fail. The ones you keep hearing about were due to a bad sandforce firmware that affected all manufacturers. OCZ was more prevalent beacause they just sold so much more of them. I'm using the latest firmware on mine have had not a single issue.
Nov 13, 2008
416 posts
32 upvotes
Great stuff.
Was going to stay away from OCZ, but will just update firmware.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9311 upvotes
vsaint wrote: Great stuff.
Was going to stay away from OCZ, but will just update firmware.

Didn't know firmware can be updated for hard drives, well rather SSDs. Just download them and install it?
Blanka

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)