Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
McDonalds

$1 Drinks Starts May 9th 2017!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2017 1:39 pm
May 12, 2012
696 posts
804 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
daviiiiiid wrote: Its been up to medium for a few years now. At one point it was just small too.
I guess I was getting lucky? I was able to order at 3 separate times until I was informed it was only available for a small/medium
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2017
3427 posts
2464 upvotes
they should limit coffee refills and not cancel it just mark the cup
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes
Ferny111 wrote: I guess I was getting lucky? I was able to order at 3 separate times until I was informed it was only available for a small/medium
it was always small/medium, I asked for large and it was like $3 and I said I'll just have a medium
if it makes you feel better you can just ask for a medium ice coffee, no ice + a cup of ice
a large cup and when you pour the medium ice coffee without ice + ice you'll have a large...it might even overflow
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8443 posts
2349 upvotes
Toronto
In Ontario, are you supposed to be charged $1.05 after tax or $1.13 after tax? Because I've been charged different amounts every time.
Sep 5, 2011
594 posts
1345 upvotes
Toronto
appleb wrote: In Ontario, are you supposed to be charged $1.05 after tax or $1.13 after tax? Because I've been charged different amounts every time.
Depends on what else you're buying at the same time. Ontario exempts the 8% provincial portion if the total purchase is less than $4 before tax, so only the 5% GST portion should be charged. Above $4, the full 13% is charged on the whole thing.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6230 posts
4829 upvotes
^ I tested the computer system before and it's $4.00 (even) and less. Had an argument with a friend of mine and he thought it was $3.99 and below.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
4018 posts
4409 upvotes
GTA
appleb wrote: In Ontario, are you supposed to be charged $1.05 after tax or $1.13 after tax? Because I've been charged different amounts every time.
What I've noticed (Ontario) is that:
1) Pop (not ice tea) on its own = 13% tax
2) Ice tea on its own = 5% tax
3) Pop (not ice tea) with food totalling to $4 or less = 5% tax
4) Ice tea with food totalling to $4 or less = 5% tax
Mr_Fanta wrote: ^ I tested the computer system before and it's $4.00 (even) and less. Had an argument with a friend of mine and he thought it was $3.99 and below.
Agreed, I too have seen 4.00 + 5% tax (Ontario)
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
martydxb wrote: What I've noticed (Ontario) is that:
1) Pop (not ice tea) on its own = 13% tax
2) Ice tea on its own = 5% tax
3) Pop (not ice tea) with food totalling to $4 or less = 5% tax
4) Ice tea with food totalling to $4 or less = 5% tax
Explained in "Prepare for Ontario’s HST: Point-of-Sale Rebate for Qualifying Prepared Food and Beverages $4.00 and Under" document

http://www.orhma.com/Portals/0/PDF%20Fi ... 0Under.pdf
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3350 posts
2446 upvotes
Montreal

1.05 would pretty much only be Alberta I think..
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7816 posts
1290 upvotes
GTA
daviiiiiid wrote: 1.13

1.05 would pretty much only be Alberta I think..
If you are at $4 or under, in Ontario it is supposed to be $1.05 for iced tea or iced coffee. If you order pop (carbonated beverage), you are supposed to be charged $1.13. Some people that know this, order an iced tea and then fill up with something else.

I only order iced coffee and I've been to many locations so far since this promo started - so far so good. I've always been charged the correct $1.05.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Jan 3, 2010
385 posts
668 upvotes
Dieppe, NB
Does anyone know when dollar drink days end? Is it Aug 31 or Sept 30?
Those who can't farm, farm celery.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2006
1626 posts
1132 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Last day on Labour Day
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7816 posts
1290 upvotes
GTA
moonjo wrote: Lame. Shouldn't it end on Autumn Equinox?
It ends at the same time every year... But it also starts well before it is officially 'summer'
Never say never
Jul 7, 2013
27 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
I'm actually surprised they don't make their iced coffee $1 year-round. I suspect most of it is sold in the summer months, and they probably still make money on it.

Besides, I always assumed it's how they use up their hot coffee that is no longer hot.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7816 posts
1290 upvotes
GTA
Firefox444 wrote:
Besides, I always assumed it's how they use up their hot coffee that is no longer hot.
Their iced coffee isn't actually leftover or old regular coffee. Their iced coffee is double brewed (they use double the amount of ground coffee than the use for their regular coffee).
Never say never
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
kanechart wrote: I thought summer drinks was going to stay around year round now? Or is that USA Only?
Limited time promotion in the USA also.

"The McDonald’s promotion, which starts in April, will include soft drinks of any size for $1 .For a limited time, customers can also buy small McCafe beverages such as smoothies and frappes for $2. At stores in Chicago on Tuesday, small McCafe frappes sold for between $2.69 and $3.09. The chain plans to support the rollout with national advertising."

from https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... try-slumps
Sep 8, 2017
422 posts
999 upvotes
The mcdonalds i go to does not have summer drink days anymore, i guess it has ended