Hot Deals

[McDonalds] $1 Drinks Starts May 9th 2017!

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2017 10:48 am
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
2987 posts
476 upvotes
Mississauga
bossfn wrote:
May 8th, 2017 11:25 am
McDonald's has a drive through and doesn't make you pay $55 a year to enjoy the cheap soda.
bossfn wrote:
May 8th, 2017 11:35 am
Ya...I know...I don't need the enlightenment, I'm well aware of the advantages. It was ar2020 that would rather drive much farther, find a parking spot, walk into giant store, and show a membership card at the door for a sweet 21c in savings.

262 fountain pops and the membership pays for itself!
There are ways around the membership if you just want the soda. You can just enter through the returns area where you would not need to show membership. Or you could enter in Costco and say you need to go to the Pharmacy (no membership required).
signature removed for rule violation. no referrals allowed.
Jul 21, 2005
89 posts
28 upvotes
ar2020 wrote:
May 8th, 2017 11:52 am
There are ways around the membership if you just want the soda. You can just enter through the returns area where you would not need to show membership. Or you could enter in Costco and say you need to go to the Pharmacy (no membership required).
I really do appreciate the thought behind this, it's quite savvy...but the drive through is worth the difference in price alone to me.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
6617 posts
948 upvotes
Unless you live next to a Costco, McDonald's is probably going to be much closer. The gas alone to get to Costco probably isn't worth it to save 21 cents, not to mention having to deal with the crowds.

My nearest Costco is 12km away while my nearest McDonald's is 300m away, so it's a no brainier.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
1775 posts
713 upvotes
Costco has Pepsi fountain products
McD has Coke fountain products

So besides the 21 cent savings, that could be worth planning to stop there instead.

But McD will give you a larger cup, so better for a long highway road trip ;)... or worse depending on bladder size.

Either way, it's all more expensive than just buying a case of cans.
Jun 21, 2016
942 posts
328 upvotes
uklamen wrote:
May 8th, 2017 3:01 pm
Costco has Pepsi fountain products
McD has Coke fountain products

So besides the 21 cent savings, that could be worth planning to stop there instead.

But McD will give you a larger cup, so better for a long highway road trip ;)... or worse depending on bladder size.

Either way, it's all more expensive than just buying a case of cans.
You can't refill cans ;)
also I like coke better than Pepsi, actually the Pepsi at Costco in Markham and Richmond hill taste weird, they're a bit flat right out of the machine
Jun 21, 2016
942 posts
328 upvotes
ar2020 wrote:
May 8th, 2017 11:52 am
bossfn wrote:
May 8th, 2017 2:17 pm
I really do appreciate the thought behind this, it's quite savvy...but the drive through is worth the difference in price alone to me.
My Costco beside my high school let us use the food court as long as we didn't sit inside i.e. take up space
Banned
May 29, 2012
304 posts
53 upvotes
YALE
Subversives always mention that you can buy warm pop in cans cheaper. May as well drink water.
Oct 7, 2007
198 posts
10 upvotes
Has anyone been able to confirm if dollar drink days has started today?
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2006
1764 posts
90 upvotes
SW Ontario
ADay wrote:
May 9th, 2017 9:43 am
Has anyone been able to confirm if dollar drink days has started today?
Confirmed in SW-Ontario. One in Chatham (Richmond St.) has signs for $2 small smoothies and the one in Wallaceburg has a sign for $1 small frozen lemonade.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
1775 posts
713 upvotes
Its started in Ottawa. Been working one since 7am :)

Sadly my sausage mcmuffin ended up just having a piece of bacon on it... not even any cheese!. Sadly I was at work before realizing their error. Sent an image of receipt and sandwich to McD website... pretty annoying since their bacon tastes as bad as bacon strips at pizza places.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
1775 posts
713 upvotes
toronto19850 wrote:
May 9th, 2017 8:18 am
You can't refill cans ;)
You can... but that's on a whole 'nuther level of savings ;)
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
2945 posts
281 upvotes
Kab wrote:
May 9th, 2017 12:03 pm
No large fountain drinks anymore?
WOW they like to ruin everything...lol I'll stick with going to Mac's for their large 89 cent drink (unless I was staying in McD's and got a refill)
RFD Staff Writer
Sep 13, 2015
249 posts
1108 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Kab wrote:
May 9th, 2017 12:03 pm
No large fountain drinks anymore?
Oh, those sneaky rascals. They changed that within the last 24 hours - the cached version on Google shows any size as of yesterday Neutral Face
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
1775 posts
713 upvotes
RFDSimon wrote:
May 9th, 2017 12:17 pm
Oh, those sneaky rascals. They changed that within the last 24 hours - the cached version on Google shows any size as of yesterday Neutral Face
At 6:47am this morning I got a large diet coke for $1.

I used the kiosk to place the order if that makes any difference.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel