Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

1 TB of Usenet for $35

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2014 2:57 pm
37 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
jerrydream wrote: NGD has brought the Terabyte Tuesday promotion back. 1 TB blocks are $35 (reg. $100). Deal runs through Thursday night.

http://blog.newsgroupdirect.com/2014/09 ... e-tuesday/
Thanks, good deal - think this gets posted periodically in the ongoing Usenet deals thread:

usenet-deals-ongoing-1016725/

I believe these are the same guys whose payment system was hacked recently; hopefully they have beefed up their security.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5602 posts
2551 upvotes
Kitchener
I have unlimited thundernews for 5 dollars a month but I don't use it enough. Tempted to ditch monthly for blocks.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
Thundercloud wrote: I have unlimited thundernews for 5 dollars a month but I don't use it enough. Tempted to ditch monthly for blocks.
Blocks can be a lot cheaper if you don't use a lot. I've been with NGD for 3.5 years now and used just under 4TB. I got it at $30/1TB I think, so $120 so far. Cheaper than monthly for sure.
Mar 3, 2005
924 posts
670 upvotes
Toronto
how is the completion? if it is better than thundernews I would be inclined to use it as a secondary/backup server.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13885 posts
1368 upvotes
I couldn't get into Usenet. I tried, but with all the garbage that you have to sift through, there's a pretty steep learning curve to just separating the wheat from the chaff... not to mention paying three separate fees for the bandwidth, the search engine and the client.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
dangerousfob wrote: how is the completion? if it is better than thundernews I would be inclined to use it as a secondary/backup server.
I use Sickbeard to grab all my TV shows right away, as well as backup accounts with Tweaknews and Sunny Usenet, and memberships with several indexers, so I don't have completion issues myself. If I manually grab a movie that's been up a few days then I can run into problems.
Syne wrote: I couldn't get into Usenet. I tried, but with all the garbage that you have to sift through, there's a pretty steep learning curve to just separating the wheat from the chaff... not to mention paying three separate fees for the bandwidth, the search engine and the client.
Sickbeard and CouchPotato are hassle free solutions. They even include some free indexers I believe if you don't want to pay for those.
Alternatively, XBMC or Kodi as it's called now, plus the Genesis add-on is a cheap, no subscription way to go and you may have the hardware already.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13885 posts
1368 upvotes
Yeah I use XBMC on a Win7 PC. Works wonderfully.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
2476 posts
251 upvotes
North York
Orpheus wrote: NewsGroupDirect had their credit card database hacked a few months ago. It is a good idea to use a pre-paid credit card with Usenet providers -- most of them are not able to accept Paypal.
http://blog.newsgroupdirect.com/2014/07 ... ty-breach/
LMAO

A company who's soul purpose is to hide their customers identifies gets their database hacked.
LOL

I'll stick with torrents.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Google Nexus via Mobilicity $25 BTS unlimited talk/text/data

:lol: $5,000.00 CASH < 2 Minutes :lol:
:lol: McD's
Online Monopoly Winner :lol:
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1717 posts
424 upvotes
Orpheus wrote: NewsGroupDirect had their credit card database hacked a few months ago. It is a good idea to use a pre-paid credit card with Usenet providers -- most of them are not able to accept Paypal.
http://blog.newsgroupdirect.com/2014/07 ... ty-breach/
thats a good idea. I havent used a pre-paid credit card before... does it not ask for name, security code etc..?
Deal Addict
May 26, 2009
1433 posts
375 upvotes
isajoo wrote: LMAO

A company who's soul purpose is to hide their customers identifies gets their database hacked.
LOL

I'll stick with torrents.
I think your confusing usenet providers with vpn service providers.
Dec 25, 2010
982 posts
359 upvotes
Vancouver
Oscar11 wrote: thats a good idea. I havent used a pre-paid credit card before... does it not ask for name, security code etc..?
Non-reloadable cards do not require any ID. Once you buy the card, you can set whatever name, address, etc. you want to be associated with the card. Great thread about this here:
prepaid-credit-cards-532830/
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
1012 posts
209 upvotes
Thundercloud wrote: I have unlimited thundernews for 5 dollars a month but I don't use it enough. Tempted to ditch monthly for blocks.
I only use it to download TV Shows and I've been using a 1TB block since Jan of 2012 and I still have 320GB left. Block's are definitely the way to go imo.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2009
1433 posts
375 upvotes
Orpheus wrote: Non-reloadable cards do not require any ID. Once you buy the card, you can set whatever name, address, etc. you want to be associated with the card. Great thread about this here:
prepaid-credit-cards-532830/
Thanks for the link
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2006
1841 posts
946 upvotes
Whoah! Even when you go to the purchase link, firefox marks it as an untrusted ssl link.
Not good.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
3363 posts
1990 upvotes
dangerousfob wrote: how is the completion? if it is better than thundernews I would be inclined to use it as a secondary/backup server.
NGD and Thunder are highwind resellers, with the same Highwind DMCA-removal rate.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
Syne wrote: I couldn't get into Usenet. I tried, but with all the garbage that you have to sift through, there's a pretty steep learning curve to just separating the wheat from the chaff... not to mention paying three separate fees for the bandwidth, the search engine and the client.
I got into usenet 6 months before NZBMatrix went down.
What a waste of time that effort was.

I'd rather focus on hiding my tracks with VPN for "Hurrican'ed" movies /wink wink
For movies, I don't bother hiding my tracks.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
6209 posts
3028 upvotes
Toronto
Good for you, but better for those of us who took the 15 minutes to set it all up properly. Really, there was only a brief one month period when Nzbmatrix shut down that was a problem, but the more people that stay away, the better. I'm happy with Newsgroupdirect, so good deal. Too bad I still have 1.5TB of my 2TB block left from a year and a half ago.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)