Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

$10 Google Play credit for Chromecast & Chromecast Audio

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2016 5:22 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2005
1133 posts
15 upvotes

$10 Google Play credit for Chromecast & Chromecast Audio

Deal Link:
Expiry:
February 24, 2016
Saw this deal while looking at the Google Play store. https://store.google.com/category/tv_and_audio

The $10 credit is good for both Chromecast and Chromecast Audio this time. Google Play store offering free delivery.

Terms of the offer are here: https://store.google.com/terms/chromeca ... _credit_10

I was looking for a Chromecast Audio myself so this offer was timely. :D

Might be useful for other RFDer's as well.
60 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10378 upvotes
Didn't it used to be $20 for a Chromecast?
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16872 posts
2557 upvotes
DougO wrote: Didn't it used to be $20 for a Chromecast?
Yes, that deal ended a few days ago.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1562 posts
1010 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
DougO wrote: Didn't it used to be $20 for a Chromecast?
But the CC audio was not included.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
7387 posts
3683 upvotes
GTA
coolspot wrote: Yes, that deal ended a few days ago.
Actually I think that ended a month ago. $10 is still better than nothing for people that needs one. Thanks OP, ordered one! This beats over paying for those on kijiji!
Sep 29, 2012
222 posts
57 upvotes
Calgary
boo I just bought one last week and there was no offers. :mad:
May 25, 2009
395 posts
99 upvotes
Does it have to be bought from the google store in order to get the credit?
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10378 upvotes
weirdear wrote: Does it have to be bought from the google store in order to get the credit?
As I recall from when I bought mine last time, you get the money in your Google Play account once it's registered, so no. I bought mine from a store in town...
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1637 posts
270 upvotes
weirdear wrote: Does it have to be bought from the google store in order to get the credit?

I believe this deal is google store specific according to:
http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/02/03 ... purchases/
http://www.androidcentral.com/get-10-go ... cast-audio

can someone who has bought from a third party confirm progress? I have a not-yet activated CC audio, I would like to take advantage of this since I missed out on the previous $20 credit due to Chromecast Audio being excluded.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2008
1983 posts
389 upvotes
Aurora
Since the regular Chromecast does movies, audio, etc. and the Audio CC does audio only. What is the advantage of getting the Audio one?
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1637 posts
270 upvotes
Gweedz wrote: Since the regular Chromecast does movies, audio, etc. and the Audio CC does audio only. What is the advantage of getting the Audio one?
I believe I can answer that. If you don't have a TV or prefer to stream just music, this is a better buy. The CC Video does not have a 3.5mm aux output. It only has hdmi out that requires a complicated workaround (which I have done) in order to output audio to an amplifier/speaker without a hdmi port for example.

Also with CC Audio, you can group multiple CCs and create multiple rooms/multiple speakers set up - playing the same song in every room, for example (This is the main reason I chose the CC Audio over the CC Video device). CC Audio can also output higher bitrate audio and has optical digital mini-TOSLINK output (I haven't tested that)
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2008
1983 posts
389 upvotes
Aurora
Thanks for explaining it so clearly!
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2008
1983 posts
389 upvotes
Aurora
To use the $10 credit do I need to link a credit card to my account? I'd rather not use the credit than have my card linked.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2005
1133 posts
15 upvotes
Terms are here: https://store.google.com/terms/chromeca ... _credit_10

It doesn't say that the item has to be bought from the Google play store.

For the previous Google Play credit offer back in December I bought the Chromecast V2 from a local store. No issues getting the Google Play credit.
Jun 26, 2013
330 posts
660 upvotes
Toronto
Is it worth the upgrade from the old chromecast to the new one? The old one works completely fine but the new one have some performance upgrade that might be useful.
Apr 17, 2005
433 posts
138 upvotes
London Drugs has the CC on sale tomorrow where you get a $10 London Drugs gift card with a CC purchase. Wonder if you can combine that with also receiving a $10 Google Play credit?
Nov 15, 2009
64 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Same from Bestbuy it's now $10 off online Best Buy. In for two already.
Jul 31, 2001
270 posts
98 upvotes
hamegg wrote: Same from Bestbuy it's now $10 off online Best Buy. In for two already.
Where do you see that? Both the regular and the audio aren't showing on sale for me
May 25, 2009
395 posts
99 upvotes
hamegg wrote: Same from Bestbuy it's now $10 off online Best Buy. In for two already.
Thanks, discount applies at checkout, so it still shows at $45 on the site for anyone wondering.

I sub to All Access family, so I'll use that $10 credit pretty quickly. $25 for the CC audio is low enough for me to try it out.
Nov 15, 2009
64 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
banner is main page under "Shop Weekly Deals" and above "Shop popular categories"

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)