Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] $10 grocery coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2017 12:24 am
Aug 23, 2009
261 posts
38 upvotes
SHOP is showing expired for me. anyone else seeing this?
Sep 23, 2012
19 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
walleye187 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 3:50 pm
SHOP is showing expired for me. anyone else seeing this?
Same.... EXPIRED.....
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
3810 posts
505 upvotes
Markham
nonfatalexec wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 3:30 pm
No more pickup fees. http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/walmart ... -1.4230406
I can see this has taken effect immediately on walmart.ca.
Pickup fee was stupid to begin with, I still think the service is seriously flawed and broken.

If it wasn't for the coupons, the hassle of this isn't worth it.
Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 24" IPS 1920x1200 $150
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
1913 posts
167 upvotes
Burlington, ON
evoviii wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 5:26 pm
Pickup fee was stupid to begin with, I still think the service is seriously flawed and broken.

If it wasn't for the coupons, the hassle of this isn't worth it.
What do you consider to be such a hassle about it?

We spend 5-10 minutes making our order online, and pickup rarely takes more than 5 minutes from pulling in to a parking spot to leaving that spot. If we were to go in we easily spend at least 30-40 minutes in store for the same items, and impulsively purchase extra crap we don't need. In our experience getting our groceries this way is substantially easier and less of a hassle than the traditional grocery trip.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
8652 posts
554 upvotes
Looks like Walmart is getting ready for Amazon to start delivering food for cheap or free.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
2175 posts
1167 upvotes
ChicoQuente wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 5:41 pm

We spend 5-10 minutes making our order online, and pickup rarely takes more than 5 minutes from pulling in to a parking spot to leaving that spot. If we were to go in we easily spend at least 30-40 minutes in store for the same items, and impulsively purchase extra crap we don't need. In our experience getting our groceries this way is substantially easier and less of a hassle than the traditional grocery trip.
Totally depends on how you shop IMO. If you're the type that has a grocery budget, know exactly what groceries you'll need for the week, and don't care too much about what's on sale, pickup is a great option. If, on the other hand, you don't mind visiting several stores to buy sale items, or like to price match and find the best deals, pickup might not work for you.

I'm the second type... I work next to a grocery store so I have time each day to check out the sales and clearance items. I typically won't buy any type of food that isn't at or near its lowest price. It took me 4 hours over 3 days to fill out my first Walmart pickup order... took forever to find decent deals, and had to get a bunch of filler items to hit exactly $50 (for the $20 off). When you don't know what you're going to be cooking that evening (which is every day for me!), it's really hard to get inspiration by scrolling thru tons of pages of groceries, whereas I can get some good ideas while walking around, pick up some good deals, and price match whatever else I need when I go to the store in person.
Aug 6, 2009
84 posts
13 upvotes
Edmonton
The discount was fine but the pickup was horrible in my case in west Edmonton. The phone number didn't work and then trying to get someone inside to help wasn't fun. Also they didn't bill me for some stuff what was OOS and then when I showed up, they found stock. Each item seemed to be bagged individually. The produce was not very good. Carrots didn't taste right, cherries went bad quickly, and the oranges were pretty rough. Probably the last time I'm doing online grocery but it was something to try out.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
3810 posts
505 upvotes
Markham
ChicoQuente wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 5:41 pm

My personal experience every single time I tried was that it was faster and more accurate to go inside and purchase. This was also the closest location to me which was at 2x distance of actual closest Walmart and 5x the distance of closest no frills.

You are assuming also most rfd'ers live nearby a walmart that supports this service vs a local grocery store. What about driving time and gas? Or that you have to book an appointment.

If you are using impulsive purchases as a reason that's more on the buyer than the method. That's like blaming advertising.
Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 24" IPS 1920x1200 $150
Jun 29, 2017
51 posts
46 upvotes
You can price match with wal-mart grocery pick up order. After you place the order, submit an ad match request.

We use flipp to find the lowest prices and right after placing the walmart order, we submit an ad match. We've even put in entries when the $/kg is different. So far it's always been processed correctly. Our last $52 order +$3 pickup came to $26 after $10 coupon and $19 of price matching.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1208 posts
703 upvotes
Laval, QC
Seems QC never eligible for those Walmart grocery coupons
Jun 29, 2017
51 posts
46 upvotes
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40092 posts
9410 upvotes
Anyone got the 2 X $15 evouchers for opening a new account and doing three grocery pick ups?

Sent an email to walmart yesterday and will share the response (if I ever get one).
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2722 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
came here hoping for a new coupon.

any new coupons?