• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2017 12:24 am
Jun 20, 2009
373 posts
69 upvotes
Brampton
southnam wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 9:46 am
I noticed something a couple weeks ago that may help people with the $50 minimum. I always thought my grocery order had to be $50 minimum for pickup . I was ordering both grocery and non grocery items and when my overall total reached $50 I was able to get free shipping on the shipped non grocery items as well as be able to pick up the few grocery items. On top of that I was allowed to use the $10 grocery coupon on my order. Not sure if this was a glitch but I don't recall it allowing me to do that whw. It just started.
Its not a glitch. I have done that many times.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40119 posts
9421 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 2:51 pm
Anyone got the 2 X $15 evouchers for opening a new account and doing three grocery pick ups?

Sent an email to walmart yesterday and will share the response (if I ever get one).
I have the two $15 evouchers in my account.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2722 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 10:13 am
I have the two $15 evouchers in my account.
I emailed them a while ago and they asked me to call and then said its automatic and they cant send me the coupons...
thats bayd!
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40119 posts
9421 upvotes
bsobaid wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 10:19 am
I emailed them a while ago and they asked me to call and then said its automatic and they cant send me the coupons...
thats bayd!
I sent them an email but they never got back to me. I checked today and there they were. Then I saw a few posts saying they have received theirs too.

Maybe you can write walmart.ca support. Maybe they don't bother responding but work on it in the background.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2722 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 10:23 am
I sent them an email but they never got back to me. I checked today and there they were. Then I saw a few posts saying they have received theirs too.

Maybe you can write walmart.ca support. Maybe they don't bother responding but work on it in the background.
emailed again. hope i get it this time.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2722 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 10:23 am

no luck this time as well. got the same response.

Thank you for contacting us.

In order to better assist you please reach out to us at 1-800-328-0402.

Please do not reply to this email, our lines are open 7 days a week, from 8:00 am to 10 pm EST.

Thank you,
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2016 posts
494 upvotes
Global Village
Hmm, I only have a $5 off e-voucher in mine.
Jun 29, 2017
51 posts
46 upvotes
The accounting for online grocery orders seems to have changed at the start of august and I can't figure it out. Two things I've noticed:

1. Online ad matching isn't being handled properly.
On our last order, we ad matched right after placing the order (before picking up and before final bill was issued). We received an email saying we would receive a ~$15 refund, but instead our credit card was charged $3.11. Prior to this, ad matching always worked perfect (used 5 times). With our latest order (picked up today), we are about to place the ad match now that the final bill has been issued. I'm hoping that solves the problem. You may want to try the same approach if you're ad matching with walmart grocery pickup.

2. Before ad matching, anything priced in /kg is inconsistent in how it's billed. Here's some details from the order we picked up today before any ad/price matching was submitted - you can see the prices vary:

Pepper Squash
Online price: $4.34/kg
Sticker price (on pickup): $2.14/kg
Final bill price: $1.48/kg

Green Beans:
Online price: $3.90/kg
Sticker price (on pickup): $5.45/kg
Final bill price: $3.46/kg

Grapes, seedless
Online price: $6.55/kg
Sticker price (on pickup): $6.55/kg
Final bill price: $2.82/kg

Zucchini
Online price: $2.15/kg
Sticker price (on pickup): $3.24/kg
Final bill price: $2.14/kg

The final bill prices are always lowest, which is great and are usually fantastic. I wish I had a way to know what their actual prices were when ordering.

Just thought I'd let everyone know that it looks like something changed recently.
Jun 29, 2017
51 posts
46 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 9:05 pm
Did you weigh those produce at home?
No, but the weight on the produce sticker (at pickup) and on the final bill were the same for everything.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2005
4533 posts
142 upvotes
I always ad match right after submitting the order and I have no idea on how it turns out. Sometimes they undercharge me, sometimes no email. The online receipt doesn't help either because the math id screwed up there. Wish their price matching process was much smoother. A ticketing system associated with the account would help with two-way communication.
Oct 16, 2015
255 posts
39 upvotes
North York, ON
robfun wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 7:47 pm
The accounting for online grocery orders seems to have changed at the start of august and I can't figure it out. Two things I've noticed:

1. Online ad matching isn't being handled properly.
On our last order, we ad matched right after placing the order (before picking up and before final bill was issued). We received an email saying we would receive a ~$15 refund, but instead our credit card was charged $3.11. Prior to this, ad matching always worked perfect (used 5 times). With our latest order (picked up today), we are about to place the ad match now that the final bill has been issued. I'm hoping that solves the problem. You may want to try the same approach if you're ad matching with walmart grocery pickup.

2. Before ad matching, anything priced in /kg is inconsistent in how it's billed. Here's some details from the order we picked up today before any ad/price matching was submitted - you can see the prices vary:

Pepper Squash
Online price: $4.34/kg
Sticker price (on pickup): $2.14/kg
Final bill price: $1.48/kg

Green Beans:
Online price: $3.90/kg
Sticker price (on pickup): $5.45/kg
Final bill price: $3.46/kg

Grapes, seedless
Online price: $6.55/kg
Sticker price (on pickup): $6.55/kg
Final bill price: $2.82/kg

Zucchini
Online price: $2.15/kg
Sticker price (on pickup): $3.24/kg
Final bill price: $2.14/kg

The final bill prices are always lowest, which is great and are usually fantastic. I wish I had a way to know what their actual prices were when ordering.

Just thought I'd let everyone know that it looks like something changed recently.
outrageous