Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rexall

10% Off Canadian Tire Gift Cards (May 26 to Jun 1)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2017 6:45 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4193 posts
11677 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd

[Rexall] 10% Off Canadian Tire Gift Cards (May 26 to Jun 1)

• Retailer: Rexall
  • Gift Card(s) On Sale: Canadian Tire
  • Dates: May 26 to Jun 1
  • Deal: Get 10% Off The Purchase Of A Canadian Tire GC
  • Flyer Location: Top Right Side Flap On Page 7
  • Notes: Excludes Variable Load Cards Per Fine Print In Flyer, RFD Members Have Indicated Otherwise, YMMV On Loading Variable Cards
  • Tips: Ensure You Load A Variable Card With A Multiple Of $25 To Get Maximum Discount (Thanks @dpks and @MarvinMartian For The Tip)
Last edited by trystee on May 24th, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
119 replies
Oct 26, 2011
521 posts
244 upvotes
Someone will ask if I don't so...

Does Rexall store GC's behind the counter? Or is this same risk as the SDM gift card fraud?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5699 posts
2229 upvotes
chreds wrote: Someone will ask if I don't so...

Does Rexall store GC's behind the counter? Or is this same risk as the SDM gift card fraud?
At the locations I frequent, no.
Journie: Use my promo code JR-ColinTOUM during registration, and you’ll automatically save 2¢/ L on your next fill-up. (Full disclosure: Once you do, I get a discount, too!)
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26651 posts
15244 upvotes
Toronto
chreds wrote: Someone will ask if I don't so...

Same cards, same risk.
Flappy backs with exposed numbers means anyone can copy them, wait and steal the balance.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
2300 posts
2175 upvotes
Laval, QC
Actually today CTC had a get $20 gc on $100 purchase deal, pretty decent deal as well
Mar 13, 2017
270 posts
148 upvotes
I want to buy a bunch of these to use for gas. Are they accepted at the gas bar?

Also, is fraud really a big thing with gift cards? I really don't want to have my money go down the drain.
Penalty Box
Jan 13, 2015
409 posts
213 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Karlmtl wrote: Actually today CTC had a get $20 gc on $100 purchase deal, pretty decent deal as well
Whats CTC and where was this deal?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
2300 posts
2175 upvotes
Laval, QC
zeeshee wrote: Whats CTC and where was this deal?
CTC = Canadian Tire
It's on their QC flyer, this offer is for today only
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2534 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
Yes you can use these at gas bar, thats mainly what I got them for.

I think the scammer would have to be very very patient. So they get the number off the cards. Then have to hope someone activates it. They can't check online if it's been activated as you need to scratch the card to reveal the pin. So what do they just carry around the numbers and the get a cashier to enter the numbers off a paper into till and hope card has been activated?

Since to use online you need the pin as well I thought.

So I guess when you buy cards make sure they have a non scratched pin?

Just trying to play out the scenario... If I have it wrong let me know.
Oct 26, 2011
521 posts
244 upvotes
Karlmtl wrote: CTC = Canadian Tire
It's on their QC flyer, this offer is for today only
That offer ($20 promo card) is in the AB flyer for tomorrow (Thursday).
Oct 26, 2011
521 posts
244 upvotes
keyser-soze wrote: Yes you can use these at gas bar, thats mainly what I got them for.

I think the scammer would have to be very very patient. So they get the number off the cards. Then have to hope someone activates it. They can't check online if it's been activated as you need to scratch the card to reveal the pin. So what do they just carry around the numbers and the get a cashier to enter the numbers off a paper into till and hope card has been activated?

Since to use online you need the pin as well I thought.

So I guess when you buy cards make sure they have a non scratched pin?

Just trying to play out the scenario... If I have it wrong let me know.
Magnetic stripe programming machines are pretty cheap to buy. Assuming they just use an existing CT card and reprogram it with a different number.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
2300 posts
2175 upvotes
Laval, QC
chreds wrote: That offer ($20 promo card) is in the AB flyer for tomorrow (Thursday).
my bad, it is for tomorrow (Thursday) on QC flyer as well, I thought today is Thursday...
Feb 27, 2011
721 posts
1754 upvotes
Calgary, AB
RoyDavisG wrote: I want to buy a bunch of these to use for gas. Are they accepted at the gas bar?

Also, is fraud really a big thing with gift cards? I really don't want to have my money go down the drain.
Yes it's a big thing. Especially with these cards. Happened to my brother and me. Very easy for fraudsters. Had to got through an investigation with Canadian tire, for what was really their own damn fault for having terribly designed gift cards. Good deal, but imo not even close to worth that hassle again.
Fido, Telus EPP plans
Jul 6, 2016
117 posts
102 upvotes
Like I stated in the previous thread when this promo was going on, just ask an employee for cards in their back inventory that haven't been released to the public. So far I haven't had any problems *knock on wood*
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18642 posts
5669 upvotes
chreds wrote: Magnetic stripe programming machines are pretty cheap to buy. Assuming they just use an existing CT card and reprogram it with a different number.
damn...I was thinking to get 10 x $50 GC to get the Clek Fllo which is on sale this coming week....
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2007
5115 posts
984 upvotes
T.
kiasu wrote: damn...I was thinking to get 10 x $50 GC to get the Clek Fllo which is on sale this coming week....
Buy cards and spend right away if worried about it.

The scam factor of these cards is there, but way over-hyped imo.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2003
5603 posts
436 upvotes
Mississauga
dutchca wrote: The scam factor of these cards is there, but way over-hyped imo.
Agreed. So far only 1 card out of 6 I've bought had an issue, but was resolved quickly with CTC. Was bought along with 3 other cards with no issues so odds are it was more the clerk forgot to activate than steal.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
9570 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
Canadian Tire gift card 10% off, 5/26 -6/1/2017
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2963 posts
1975 upvotes
Edmonton
kiasu wrote: damn...I was thinking to get 10 x $50 GC to get the Clek Fllo which is on sale this coming week....
We get them all the time... $1k at times and mainly for fuel. In your case, definitely if you're buying the GC and then going to CT to purchase your Clerk Fllo right after......
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2008
1703 posts
1785 upvotes
Thanks OP. I was waiting for these to come back again. It will help me meet some min spends on my amex Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)