• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2017 9:04 pm
[OP]
Jun 29, 2015
213 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Walmart] 10% Off Uber Gift Cards - 9/25 to 10/13

I don't think I've ever seen these on sale before, so I consider this pretty warm - put some money on your Uber accounts over the next few weeks!

From Uber Website (https://www.uber.com/en-CA/blog/walmart-fall-promo/)

To help you experience all that fall has to offer in your city, Uber gift cards will be 10% off for the next 3 weeks at participating Walmart stores across Canada.

The details

• From September 25, 2017, to October 13, 2017
  • 10% off $25 and $50 Uber gift cards
  • In participating Walmart stores in Alberta, Ontario, and Quebec
FAQs

How do Uber gift cards work?
Uber gift cards add credit to your Uber account. Follow the steps below to apply the code on the back of your gift card to your Uber account. Even if you’re creating an Uber account for the first time, you can add any number of gift cards. Gift cards are not reloadable.

Here’s how to redeem a gift card:
  1. Make sure you have the latest version of the Uber app
  2. Go to the Payment section of the app
  3. Tap Add Promo/Gift Code
  4. Enter your Gift Code
Does Uber gift cards apply to UberEATS?
Yes. Uber gift cards can be only used for rides or UberEATS orders in the country where the gift card was purchased.

Can I use a gift card for an existing or a new account?
Yes, you can redeem your gift card when you set up a new Uber account. If you already have an account you can redeem the card by applying the value noted on the card to that account.
38 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1013 posts
390 upvotes
Edmonton
I've been finding Uber to be of lower quality (worse cars, longer wait times, newbie drivers getting lost) and higher price (like 50% higher) in the last few months. Still better than cabs here though. Anyone else finding this trend?
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
10625 posts
122 upvotes
Ottawa
ZeppelinDude93 wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 4:43 pm
Yes. Uber gift cards can be only used for rides or UberEATS orders in the country where the gift card was purchased.
Woah, glad you listed that before I went to buy them - as a frequent traveller I only use Uber internationally, so although this seemed like a good deal to me, it's restricted to usage within Canada.
- Absolute
Oct 14, 2013
203 posts
137 upvotes
I hope these ring up with the discount applied automatically! This is the first time I've heard Walmart giving discounts on gift cards
Jul 2, 2013
28 posts
88 upvotes
TORONTO
Is there a “use by date” for redemption? Or they sit there forever until you use them?
Jul 14, 2008
184 posts
39 upvotes
Montreal
frozenmelon wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 6:22 pm
I've been finding Uber to be of lower quality (worse cars, longer wait times, newbie drivers getting lost) and higher price (like 50% higher) in the last few months. Still better than cabs here though. Anyone else finding this trend?
I have to agree with you. After using them occasionally, I've stopped doing so for the last six months. Probably because I've had two bad experiences in a row. The second one in NYC was really scary, I seriously feared for my life.

Anyway, I live in Montreal so soon it may not be an option. Which is too bad because even if I'm not a fan of Uber, I like the impact it has had on the cab industry. I find that taxi service here has improved markedly over the last year or so.
Mar 27, 2011
393 posts
172 upvotes
Toronto
If I loaded these up on my Uber acc. would I be able to use the credits worldwide then (when I travel)?
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
2605 posts
274 upvotes
gekaizer wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 8:18 am
If I loaded these up on my Uber acc. would I be able to use the credits worldwide then (when I travel)?
No. Check the OP.
Mar 27, 2011
393 posts
172 upvotes
Toronto
poorwingman wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 8:21 am
No. Check the OP.
O.o I don't see any description regarding this. I checked the website too, no mention about my inquiry.

Only info is about WM stores in certain provinces... but not about the credits itself.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
10625 posts
122 upvotes
Ottawa
gekaizer wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 8:29 am
O.o I don't see any description regarding this. I checked the website too, no mention about my inquiry.

Only info is about WM stores in certain provinces... but not about the credits itself.
Look at my reply earlier in the thread, directly responding to the OP's mention of it not being allowed outside of Canada.
- Absolute
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
5406 posts
1989 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Turpentine wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 8:16 am
I have to agree with you. After using them occasionally, I've stopped doing so for the last six months. Probably because I've had two bad experiences in a row. The second one in NYC was really scary, I seriously feared for my life.

Anyway, I live in Montreal so soon it may not be an option. Which is too bad because even if I'm not a fan of Uber, I like the impact it has had on the cab industry. I find that taxi service here has improved markedly over the last year or so.
[OP]
Jun 29, 2015
213 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto, ON
gekaizer wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 8:29 am

Jan 13, 2009
145 posts
3 upvotes
ronto
Kirry4u wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 10:10 pm
Is there a “use by date” for redemption? Or they sit there forever until you use them?
Gift cards never expire. They aren't refundable, and can't be replaced if lost or stolen.
You can't reload a gift card, but you can add up to $1,000 in gift card credits to your account.

STOCK UP! Winter is coming