Hot Deals

[Esso] $10 PRICE PRIVILEGES e-cardwill be earned upon your first 3 purchases of 30 L (APP)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2017 4:50 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
1130 posts
175 upvotes

[Esso] $10 PRICE PRIVILEGES e-cardwill be earned upon your first 3 purchases of 30 L (APP)

Fill up 3x to earn a $10 PRICE PRIVILEGESTM card.

Use the Speedpass+ app to pay for SynergyTM gasoline at participating Esso-branded stations and earn a $10 PRICE PRIVILEGES card after your first 3 fills of 30L or more during the promotion period¥.

¥One per person. For a limited time at participating Esso-branded stations. A $10 PRICE PRIVILEGES e-card ($0.05 per litre savings for up to 200L) will be earned upon your first 3 purchases of 30 L or more within 90 days of downloading the app and creating an account, provided the 3 purchases are completed by December 31, 2017. This promotion may be discontinued or changed at any time without notice.

^Your submission of this form or your use of the Speedpass+ app shall constitute consent to our continued maintenance of your file and to the sharing of information in your file with third parties for the purposes of communications regarding Imperial products and services. Personal information is treated in accordance with our privacy policy at: http://www.speedpassplus.com/en-ca/privacy-policy/. If you wish to access, request a correction or have us discontinue maintenance of your file, or to withdraw your consent to the use or disclosure of information in your file, or to make a complaint or inquiry, you should write to Esso Customer Service, P.O. Box 629, Moncton NB E1C 8M7 or call 1-800-567-3776.
35 replies
Dec 4, 2008
315 posts
79 upvotes
Anyone know how to get this working with an AMEX Gold Charge card? I have tried 3 times at 3 separate gas stations unsuccessfully to pay via the app, the transaction fails. Every. Time.
Feb 18, 2006
84 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
The app doesnt work 90% of the time for me. Its a good idea but bad execution.
Oct 3, 2010
775 posts
385 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
The nearest esso with speedpass+ is 50 km from my home. Check that before registering.
Apr 15, 2015
152 posts
66 upvotes
Markham, ON
sports1 wrote:
May 10th, 2017 9:50 pm
Anyone know how to get this working with an AMEX Gold Charge card? I have tried 3 times at 3 separate gas stations unsuccessfully to pay via the app, the transaction fails. Every. Time.
My first attemp with Amex also failed. Turns out it was because Amex had flagged the purchase as fraudulent, and had sent an email with a link to unblock the purchase. Unfortunately, I didn't see the email until I got home, but all was well on subsequent attempts.
Aug 27, 2009
306 posts
151 upvotes
I think I'll like this app a lot more when it's going to be -25 outside.
You still need to wait until the attendant authorizes the pump so doesn't save much time over the reg. speed pass
Dec 4, 2008
315 posts
79 upvotes
jnyork wrote:
May 10th, 2017 10:44 pm
My first attemp with Amex also failed. Turns out it was because Amex had flagged the purchase as fraudulent, and had sent an email with a link to unblock the purchase. Unfortunately, I didn't see the email until I got home, but all was well on subsequent attempts.
Hm, I don't think I've ever received such an email unfortunately. Thanks for letting me know though, I'll keep an eye out.
Jan 12, 2017
286 posts
107 upvotes
sports1 wrote:
May 10th, 2017 11:13 pm
Hm, I don't think I've ever received such an email unfortunately. Thanks for letting me know though, I'll keep an eye out.
I also got a similar message but it was smooth sailing after that.

When combined with normal privileges rewards (2.5 cents per L) you can actually save around 7.5 cents a litre. Pretty decent deal.
Jan 12, 2017
286 posts
107 upvotes
Also, to everyone who uses speedpass, esso extra website was recently hacked. You should probably change your passwords and monitor your accounts closely to look for suspicious activity.

Hopefully none of you were affected, but be safe anyways :)
Dec 17, 2012
640 posts
118 upvotes
Winnipeg
Just received this email...Check you Email.. in case if you guys are Interested...

Even though Text says upto 3cents, however pictures states extra 3 cents besides basic PC points (I believe that is 10cents)...?

Using your PC Financial® World Elite Mastercard® makes choosing where to fuel up a smooth ride this summer.

When you fuel up at Esso stations using your PC Financial® World Elite Mastercard, you earn up to 3 cents/litre in PC points* you can use towards free food.**

Filling your tank to fill up your trunk? Now that’s just the fuel that keeps on giving.

Plus, get a $10 PRICE PRIVILEGESTM card after your first 3 fills of 30 L or more using the Speedpass+ app on your mobile device1. Promotion period through December 31, 2017. Don’t forget to add your PC Financial® Mastercard to your Speedpass+ app and earn PC points on every purchase

*Earn 3 cents per purchased litre of Esso Supreme (Octane 91) and Esso SUPREME+ (Octane 93) gasoline only. Earn 2 cents per purchased litre on other gasoline or diesel. Cents per litre is payable in PC points when you use your President's Choice Financial World Elite Mastercard at Esso stations in Canada. 2 cents per litre amounts to 20 PC points. 3 cents per litre amounts to 30 PC points.

One per person. For a limited time at participating Esso-branded stations. A $10 PRICE PRIVILEGES e-card ($0.05 per litre savings for up to 200 L) will be earned upon your first 3 purchases of 30 L or more within 90 days of downloading the app and creating an account, provided the 3 purchases are completed by December 31, 2017. This promotion may be discontinued or changed at any time without notice.
Images
  • Capture.PNG
Last edited by shampygarg on Aug 14th, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dec 17, 2012
640 posts
118 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thanks for letting me know, I tried to search it however couldn't find it... let me see if I can delete this post...
Dec 17, 2012
640 posts
118 upvotes
Winnipeg
shampygarg wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 4:32 pm
Thanks for letting me know, I tried to search it however couldn't find it... let me see if I can delete this post...
Damn..without even reading the referred post I reported and moved to the expired section...Ahoroba, it's not a repost...there is additional 3 cent off beside your PC points when you refill....so it's practically a newer deal...
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
2035 posts
790 upvotes
Toronto
I used this app yesterday. Man is it ever slow. I don't get how this makes it easier for the consumer. All it does is benefit Esso as they save money on distributing their free Speedpass keychains and allows them to get better data from users purchases.

After I get my $10 and use it up, I'm going to go back to using my regular Speedpass keychain fob. No issues with that ever. I literally stood at the pump for 1 minute before it activated.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2474 posts
332 upvotes
Nepean
The only advantage I see to the app so far is that it automatically uses my discount fuel savings card because in the past I always forget it.