[Telus] $10 Unlock/Debrand for Telus Xperia Ray

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2013 3:34 am
Nov 13, 2005
423 posts
6 upvotes
Calgary

[Telus] $10 Unlock/Debrand for Telus Xperia Ray

If you're one of the people who bought an Xperia Ray last summer while Telus was blowing them out this might be helpful since we're coming to the end of our warranties.

http://www.fastgsm.com/en/sonyericsson/ ... ng-debrand

Process took about twenty minutes, most of that was downloading the generic firmware.

A few other older Xperia's are also $10 to unlock, but the Ray was the only one that jumped out at me as particularly popular.
BOYCOTT EUROPEAN KEYBOARDS ON CANADIAN LAPTOPS
3 replies
Apr 28, 2013
503 posts
122 upvotes
Arviat
Just to point out... these were $99 and some people took the extended warranty for $20.. Thus if it tanked, they could return it for $100+tax back after 2 years and basically rent it for $10 a year...

But yea, if you are going to do something like this now, do it before the warranty is up if it becomes a brick...

I returned mine last summer and took the Samsung Galaxy 1 because I was too cheap to pay for unlock then.. and it was not cheap.

WARNING!!

"Only Sony Ericsson Xperia ray mobile phones manufactured before 12W11 are supported. See sticker under the battery to read your Xperia ray manufacturing date."
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
2374 posts
578 upvotes
Halifax
Wotanserver does the same thing but offers more images. I forget who was cheaper but they are the same company. It was not an easy unlock. You need to short some jumpers on the phone while the software unlocks the ray
[OP]
Nov 13, 2005
423 posts
6 upvotes
Calgary
I didn't find it that overwhelming, it is easier than the test point unlock on the old Motorola's
BOYCOTT EUROPEAN KEYBOARDS ON CANADIAN LAPTOPS
× < >