Expired Group Deals

[Toronto]

$10 winter tire change over with option of $40 dollar wheel alignment ($119 value)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2013 11:35 pm
Tags:
11 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
4249 posts
825 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Hmm, pretty good. Anyone ever have service done at this place?
Feb 28, 2010
121 posts
3 upvotes
Interested in this deal. Will they do a good job??
Jul 10, 2003
787 posts
684 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like they extended the deal.

I got it done this week and it was pretty much what I expected for $10. Car was put on a lift and my summers were taken off and my winters were put on with a pneumatic impact wrench. Overall, it was quick and they had a very clean shop but I was disappointed that they didn't use a torque wrench. Can't complain much for $10+tax. Hope that helps for those on the fence!
Feb 28, 2010
121 posts
3 upvotes
ironchefff wrote: Looks like they extended the deal.

I got it done this week and it was pretty much what I expected for $10. Car was put on a lift and my summers were taken off and my winters were put on with a pneumatic impact wrench. Overall, it was quick and they had a very clean shop but I was disappointed that they didn't use a torque wrench. Can't complain much for $10+tax. Hope that helps for those on the fence!

Thanks for info, I went ahead and bought one. BTW whats the disadvantage of a pneumatic impact wrench over the torque wrench

Thanks.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
markham1 wrote: Thanks for info, I went ahead and bought one. BTW whats the disadvantage of a pneumatic impact wrench over the torque wrench

Thanks.
Pneumatic impact screws in the lugs, torque wrench measure the tightness of the lugs. If they don't do it after installation you should torque it yourself...the tightness on wheels is very important.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
2278 posts
1888 upvotes
Correct. And hope that they used a/or correct torque stick with the impact. Without, it'll be way over torqued or under torqued if they used even the correct stick.

Cold deal since 95% don't own a torque wrench. What shop doesn't torque to spec?? It's literally a 2min process.
Feb 28, 2010
121 posts
3 upvotes
nightwalker wrote: Looks like they extended it again.

Does anyone know when the voucher expires?
They don't indicate it on the site.

Hoping to get it so that I can switch back to my Summer Tires in March/April
I bought 1 voucher in December. It expires in June 2013.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2008
4415 posts
532 upvotes
if they used an impact wrench to tighten bolts than this is a pretty cold deal. good luck changing a tire in the future by yourself if you don't have a breaker bar, let alone a flat on the side of the road with a tire iron.

as for the alignment, 4 wheel for $60 is a better deal (ksl, altech etc) than $40 for 2 wheel as offered.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
1262 posts
86 upvotes
oshawa
is it 10$ for 1 tire or 10$ for 4 tires?
I have a Sienna. Does it cost more for a van?
if you dont have an answer, dont repond to my thread.
I need answers, and thats why i use redflagdeals forums.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
You can go to any reputable shop with a torque wrench and get it done for $30. Cold deal.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic