Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1304 posts
322 upvotes

100% Bonus On IHG Points Purchases

Deal Link:
https://awardwallet.com/blog/100-bonus- ... er-3-2017/

100% Bonus On IHG Points Purchases Through November 3, 2017

Offer available for purchases made between 12:00 AM ET October 24, 2017 and 11:59 PM ET November 3, 2017 inclusive. This is an exclusive, non-transferable offer for intended recipient only and may not be forwarded. Bonus points will be awarded upon completion of the transaction. Bonus points will be awarded to the recipient of the points purchase. Offer is subject to change. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Only purchases made online are eligible for bonus.
Price includes all applicable fees. Purchased Points are not refundable and are applicable toward all IHG® Rewards Club awards. Members may purchase a maximum of 60,000 points per calendar year and receive as a gift a maximum of 60,000 points per calendar year. Please allow 24-48 hours for points to post and appear in the recipient's account. All other IHG® Rewards Club Terms and Conditions apply.
6 replies
May 26, 2011
163 posts
83 upvotes
A point break is coming up on Monday I heard, it can be hot with this bonus. Does anyone have any experience on booking with point breaks, availabilities, experience, etc?
Freedom Mobile, booking.com, airbnb, AMEX, Carrot, EQ and Tangerine customer.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
4687 posts
1113 upvotes
North York
maverikbc wrote:
Oct 28th, 2017 12:03 am
A point break is coming up on Monday I heard, it can be hot with this bonus. Does anyone have any experience on booking with point breaks, availabilities, experience, etc?
Yes, have used a few in the US. These change every quarter, but the popular ones get pulled out much sooner, so book early!
I was able to get room with Jacuzzi, or room with full kitchen for 5000 points. Really worth it if you happen to be in the area.
Last edited by WhatADeal! on Oct 28th, 2017 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
4156 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto
Should keep a USD card handy, probably get killed on exchange rate with my cash back card.
May 26, 2011
163 posts
83 upvotes
I'll happen to be in Belgium, I've decided to play this game. I have 0 point, so I moved all useless miles from Hainan Airlines to IHG. 8,000 ish converted to 5,000 ish points, not too shabby. It said it'll take 'up to' 5 days to complete.

I was originally going to buy 10k+10k, but I've noticed 11k+11K is only a few USD more, so I ordered 22k with my amazon.ca Visa (no forex fee). It said it'll take 'up to' 72 hours. I did both this morning.

The one I'm trying to grab in Belgium is Holiday Inn Express, only EUR70/15k pts per night normally the nights that I want to book, so I don't think it'll be too popular and they'll be sold out in a matter of minutes on Monday, but I really hope I'll get points in my account by then.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
16268 posts
1734 upvotes
Langley
I've done pointsbreak stays for almost 10 years now. I once had a road trip from BC to California with only pointsbreak stays. They aren't as good as they used to be but still clearly worthwhile. I don't even think that I could count all the times I've used them. Best hotel was one that I didn't even stay in, I got a few nights in an Intercontinental in Australia for my cousin. Almost every year I've gone to the Seattle/Portland area for a long weekend to do some pre-Christmas shopping. The sell out a lot quicker now so you've got to book fast.
May 26, 2011
163 posts
83 upvotes
My account got credited from both sources only after +-24hrs, I'm ready for tomorrow.

For big cities in US outside peak season, I've got tons of good deals from Priceline Name Your Price. The best ever was Hyatt in Jersey City, NJ for less than U$30: with a nice view of Manhattan from my room.