Hot Deals

[Scotiabank] $100 Gift Card + FYF + Spending Bonus Scotia Gold AMEX and Visa Infinite

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 3:17 pm
[OP]
Banned
May 7, 2017
9 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Scotiabank] $100 Gift Card + FYF + Spending Bonus Scotia Gold AMEX and Visa Infinite

Deal Link:
Expiry:
December 31, 2017
Retailer:
Scotiabank
More offers from Scotiabank
Ratehub.ca is running an exclusive offer from Dec 1-31 with the Scotia Gold American Express Card and the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite where you can get a free $100 gift card to Amazon.ca, Indigo, or Cineplex on approval. This in addition to the following on going offers:

Scotia Gold American Express

$100 gift upon approval (Ratehub.ca exclusive)
25,000 bonus points ($250) with your first $1,000 in purchases in first 3 months
$99 annual fee waived for the first year

Link

Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite

$100 gift upon approval (Ratehub.ca exclusive)
5% cash back on first $3,000 in purchases
$99 annual fee waived for the first year

Link
My faves >> Scotia Gold Amex | Amex Cobalt | Tangerine Money-Back MC

Credit Card Comparison Tool
108 replies
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
20485 posts
3162 upvotes
Waterloo
I mentioned it in my CC thread also - Scotia GOLD AMEX
$100 GC from RateHub or RSM or $75 GCR cashback

Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ - RedFlagDeals.com Forums
jerrys-list-credit-cards-200-welcome-bo ... q-1685293/

For people's info, Scotia Momentum VISA cashback comes in November only once a year
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 25K
Dec 18, 2012
272 posts
53 upvotes
great deal i saw this on ratehub this morning and pulled the trigger as i've been wanting to grab a momentum infinite. The %5 cashback on first $3000 is smokin' hot IMO and the $100 gift card is a nice bonus. also first year fees waived. pretty good deal, good post.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
1114 posts
227 upvotes
Can you have the bonus again on the Scotia AE Gold if you have had the bonus once before?

I know you can't with the American Express Gold, that's once in a life time thing.
[OP]
Banned
May 7, 2017
9 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tkddad wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 2:35 pm
Can you have the bonus again on the Scotia AE Gold if you have had the bonus once before?

I know you can't with the American Express Gold, that's once in a lifetime thing.
I don't know for sure, but I don't think so as the Scotia fine print says new accounts only. Even when you close your card, typically the bank will keep a record that you had or have an account with them, thereby disqualifying you from getting the promo again.

Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3810 posts
377 upvotes
Ottawa
jerryhung wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 2:25 pm
I mentioned it in my CC thread also - Scotia GOLD AMEX
$100 GC from RateHub or RSM or $75 GCR cashback

Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ - RedFlagDeals.com Forums
jerrys-list-credit-cards-200-welcome-bo ... q-1685293/

For people's info, Scotia Momentum VISA cashback comes in November only once a year
any idea the precise date of the cashback ... or this is specific to the individual statement date?
I ask this because i m trying to time getting this card so that i can get the cashback next november BEFORE the AF kicks in ...

so is it safer to get it in Jan/2018 or it does not matter getting it now ...?
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28
[OP]
Banned
May 7, 2017
9 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 4:39 pm
any idea the precise date of the cashback ... or this is specific to the individual statement date?
I ask this because i m trying to time getting this card so that i can get the cashback next november BEFORE the AF kicks in ...

so is it safer to get it in Jan/2018 or it does not matter getting it now ...?
For the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite (the premium card - note that there is a no-fee card called to the Scotia Momentum No Fee Visa, I am referring to the Visa Infinite), the cash back is automatically applied to your statement every month. To get the $100 gift card, you have to apply before Dec 31, so would definitely recommend getting it now!

May 5, 2009
410 posts
24 upvotes
Can we convert the miles into aeroplan?
"Don't problem the problem, if you problem the problem, the problem's gonna problem you"
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
10101 posts
980 upvotes
Markham
tkddad wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 2:35 pm

I know you can't with the American Express Gold, that's once in a life time thing.
Was wondering the same.....if it's worth trying again
Oct 4, 2008
685 posts
92 upvotes
I want wife to open Scotia bank accounts....any good suggestion / promos for their checking accts ?
Nov 13, 2006
502 posts
79 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Applied and approved. Now wondering about this cashback business...
Beware the RFD Effect
Sep 3, 2012
200 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Can i apply for both cards and only get one credit pull?
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
20485 posts
3162 upvotes
Waterloo
simonrh wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 4:43 pm

For the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite (the premium card - note that there is a no-fee card called to the Scotia Momentum No Fee Visa, I am referring to the Visa Infinite), the cash back is automatically applied to your statement every month. To get the $100 gift card, you have to apply before Dec 31, so would definitely recommend getting it now!
Really?
I only got the cashback in November after I applied in May 2017 (?) and I recalled people saying it's an annual thing too

Here's the PDF = so people should watch for this
http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/common/pdf ... itions.pdf

3. HOW TO QUALIFY FOR THE CASH BACK PROGRAM:
• The Scotia Momentum VISA cash back program is an annual program. Your reward accumulates each month, beginning each year with
your December statement, and is awarded at the end of each 12 month period as a credit on your November statement.
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 25K
Sep 2, 2014
815 posts
205 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Just switched the Scotia Visa Infinite to No-fee visa yesterday. Can I re-apply it now to get the bonus?