Hot Deals

[Scotiabank] $100 Gift Card + FYF + Spending Bonus Scotia Gold AMEX and Visa Infinite

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2017 9:18 pm
Jan 9, 2011
971 posts
510 upvotes
Vancouver
sooksook wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 6:01 pm
Applied and approved. Now wondering about this cashback business...
The bad news: You have to wait a year for it. It comes as a statement credit only in November.
The good news: You applied at the right time if you want to churn. Enjoy your cash back 11 months from now, cancel before the annual fee kicks in.
Jan 9, 2011
971 posts
510 upvotes
Vancouver
simonrh wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 11:02 am
you can get a free $100 gift card to Amazon.ca, Indigo, or Cineplex on approval. This in addition to the following on going offers:
Scotia Gold American Express
$100 gift upon approval (Ratehub.ca exclusive)
Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite
$100 gift upon approval (Ratehub.ca exclusive)
You don't really get two $100 gift cards per application, right? Or is that really what you meant?
Dec 4, 2016
41 posts
5 upvotes
So, which of these is considered a better deal? Or can you get both?
Dec 4, 2016
41 posts
5 upvotes
Are these standard AMEX points or some Scotia variant?
Sep 2, 2014
806 posts
203 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
kithid wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 9:40 pm
So, which of these is considered a better deal? Or can you get both?
AmEx Gold is better on welcome bonus
Visa Infinite is better on cash bash and retailers acceptance
Apply for both
Dec 25, 2013
373 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
I've had a giftcard offer with ratehub in the past but I didn't use that particular giftcard offer. Does this mean I'm ineligible?
Feb 4, 2003
939 posts
70 upvotes
Thanks OP. I was looking for new CC bonus Smiling Face With Open Mouth

What is this "5,000 bonus points ($250)"? Can redeem for cash credit or giftcard?
Aug 24, 2008
457 posts
227 upvotes
Victoria
Too many fine print rules on their FAQ (https://www.ratehub.ca/gift-card-faq):

"You will not be eligible for the promotion if you have previously applied for the credit card. You will not be eligible if you have participated in a gift card promotion in the past. You must apply through Ratehub.ca to be eligible. Gift cards are limited to one per customer."

It's a great post for people who have never applied before, but do keep in mind ratehub can be a pain to get what you deserve from and if they find any loophole they will not give you the g/c. That's been my experience with them anyways. Great Canadian Rebates usually offers less rewards, but they rarely screw up and when they do, it's usually their client (like transunion screwing you over) and one email to GCR has always resolved issues for me.
Oct 19, 2004
860 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
Realistically, would they check though if you've had this promotion before if it's been a while since you've cancelled the card? You're practically a new applicant and it would be unfair to judge you as ineligible because you've had the card in the past, since you're still technically a new client.
Nov 19, 2017
2 posts
"We are issuing gift cards for successful Scotiabank®* Gold American Express® and Tangerine Money-Back card applications until November 30th, 2017."

That reads for the "What is the application deadline?" of the FAQs and Terms & Conditions.

Am I missing something?
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
1184 posts
118 upvotes
Awesome, just wanted to apply.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1045 posts
852 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
What gives?

I get this error after I fill out the application form on ratehub:
This site can’t be reached

shareresults.com’s server DNS address could not be found.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
Seems like the ratehub registration is working, but the redirect to Scotiabank's site is not working properly...
Penalty Box
Dec 9, 2014
1018 posts
311 upvotes
Keep in mind the avenue for applying via referral is still available and doesn't expire until Dec. 31

With this, for Scotia Gold AMEX, you get 35k Scotia points which can be redeemed for 350$ credit (don't have to mess with GC) ─ Scotiabank American Express - 35,000 ($350) Welcome Bonus + FYF + 5K Referral Bonus
Also, might as well double apply for the SCENE Visa on the same day (to avoid a second hard hit), 60$ in SCENE points ─ Scotiabank SCENE VISA: 6000 SCENE pts after first purchase, no annual fee
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1531 posts
143 upvotes
Vancouver
If I only want one credit hit in the next 3 months, are these two cards worth applying for?
Or should I wait for better offers around Boxing Day?

Planning to apply both at the same time, but I don’t have much luck with Scotia in the past.
Nov 7, 2012
141 posts
31 upvotes
Is it worth applying for the scotia Amex gold if I’m not sure I’m going to travel within the next year? Can I buy a gift card with the reward points? Or are there other options?

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 4 guests)

dgege, Cealess, loonie, wong08