Hot Deals

[Scotiabank] $100 Gift Card + FYF + Spending Bonus Scotia Gold AMEX and Visa Infinite

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2017 10:34 am
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1337 posts
703 upvotes
Etobicoke
simonrh wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 11:02 am
Ratehub.ca is running an exclusive offer from Dec 1-31 with the Scotia Gold American Express Card and the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite where you can get a free $100 gift card to Amazon.ca, Indigo, or Cineplex on approval. This in addition to the following on going offers:

Scotia Gold American Express

$100 gift upon approval (Ratehub.ca exclusive)
25,000 bonus points ($250) with your first $1,000 in purchases in first 3 months
$99 annual fee waived for the first year

Link

Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite

$100 gift upon approval (Ratehub.ca exclusive)
5% cash back on first $3,000 in purchases
$99 annual fee waived for the first year

Link
OP, for scotia momentum visa. Its 5% cashback on first 3000 in first 90 days. Please add that.
Oct 16, 2002
511 posts
223 upvotes
So applying for both cards doesn't make sense right? Because ratehub disqualifies if you got any promotion previously.
Thinking to apply for AmEx because of bigger value, but it's hard to use Amex in general, much fewer places take it compared to Visa/MC. Will not be easy to spend $1000 in grocery stores, etc.
Feb 10, 2009
68 posts
165 upvotes
Milton
It looks like the Scotia AMEX earns Scotia rewards points, not AMEX points, and can only be converted to scene points and not aeroplan.
Nov 11, 2017
12 posts
How long does it take to receive the physical American Express card after successful application?

Also do the 25,000 bonus points have an expiry date?
Dec 10, 2004
56 posts
19 upvotes
AngeliveDK wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 12:50 pm
Did Ratehub say exactly what problem they fixed? Thanks.
"This past weekend, we noticed a few of our users experienced technical difficulties while applying for our exclusive $100 gift card Scotiabank offer. The issue was a result of an external server outage which has since been resolved."
Jan 22, 2003
110 posts
56 upvotes
Got the 100$ gift card. Was approved on friday. Already got the momentum visa via amazon but only $75 :(

Thanks, OP!
Dec 3, 2006
184 posts
2 upvotes
I clicked on the Ratehub link and it seems to work by filling in the small form. Was i supposed to register and login with Ratehub prior to doing this?

I got to the Scotia application form, but stopped there in case i need to login officially to Ratehub to get the giftcard.

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4307 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
How long is safe to re-apply from last cancellation? I had another Scotia bank credit card but don't remember what it was.

TIA
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Jan 31, 2016
813 posts
550 upvotes
Toronto, ON
vipjn wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 11:49 am
This deal has not expired yet. Not sure who reported it expired.

Anyone has experience how long it takes for ratehub.ca to issue the $100 gift card? I didn't get any confirmation for the application/approval.
I applied for the visa infinite last week and received my Amazon gift card email today. Added it to my Amazon account and all is good! This was the fastest processing of gift cards I've experienced from all the rebate sites.
Dec 18, 2012
271 posts
53 upvotes
dotsandpixels wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 12:08 pm
I applied for the visa infinite last week and received my Amazon gift card email today. Added it to my Amazon account and all is good! This was the fastest processing of gift cards I've experienced from all the rebate sites.
nice, did you have to sign-up/login to ratehub or anything, i simply visited their site and clicked APPLY NOW for the visa infinite, that was on thursday, but don't have anything yet in the way of a GC in my email.
thanks
Jan 31, 2016
813 posts
550 upvotes
Toronto, ON
thecrashton wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 12:14 pm
nice, did you have to sign-up/login to ratehub or anything, i simply visited their site and clicked APPLY NOW for the visa infinite, that was on thursday, but don't have anything yet in the way of a GC in my email.
thanks
No signing up either but pay attention not to stray from the Scotia linkthrough. That's the only way ratehub will know that you are approved.
Dec 18, 2012
271 posts
53 upvotes
dotsandpixels wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 1:32 pm
No signing up either but pay attention not to stray from the Scotia linkthrough. That's the only way ratehub will know that you are approved.
Thanks, I guess I will wait the FAQ says can take up to 10 business days from approval so I'm not concerned yet. I was very careful to follow the linkthrough right to the end. Cheers
Jan 28, 2013
125 posts
162 upvotes
Waterloo
I got rejected the application after filling in the details, anyone can shed some light?
- Canadian
- > 40k gross income
Jan 11, 2006
103 posts
47 upvotes
umega890 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 4:09 pm
I got rejected the application after filling in the details, anyone can shed some light?
- Canadian
- > 40k gross income
60k minimum I believe
Nov 30, 2007
706 posts
225 upvotes
Brampton
umega890 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 4:09 pm
- Canadian
- > 40k gross income
For the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite application:

- You're a Canadian citizen OR are a Permanent Resident
- You're at least the age of majority in your province or territory
- You've not declared bankruptcy in the past 7 years
- Your annual gross income is at least $60,000 or your household income is at least $100,000
- You have read and accepted the Application Disclosure Statement

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Claudios