Hot Deals

[Scotiabank] $100 Gift Card + FYF + Spending Bonus Scotia Gold AMEX and Visa Infinite

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 3:17 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1533 posts
144 upvotes
Vancouver
hahahu wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 4:40 pm
This promo usually gets better in the summer, no?

30,000 bonus points ($300) + $75 gift card + FYF and only $750 min spend

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/scotiaba ... d-2097235/
It is 35000 Points ($350), no GC, and FYF through Referral. Also $750 min spend. I would rather have points than extra $25 GC.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
3135 posts
726 upvotes
vipjn wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 4:45 pm
It is 35000 Points ($350), no GC, and FYF through Referral. Also $750 min spend. I would rather have points than extra $25 GC.
I'm confused. Which is the best deal if applying for the Scotia Momentum visa for the first time?
Dec 26, 2010
487 posts
159 upvotes
just got my amazon giftcard for signing up for amex. thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1533 posts
144 upvotes
Vancouver
choclover wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 4:50 pm
I'm confused. Which is the best deal if applying for the Scotia Momentum visa for the first time?
Well, I haven’t followed the scotia promotions in the past, but from my recent experience (3 card approvals yesterday), this is what I found to be best deal:
1. Scotia Amex 35000 points ($350), FYF, $750 min spend through referral.
2. Scotia momentum infinite visa $100 ratehub GC, FYF, 5% first 3 months
3. Scotia Scene Visa, 6000 ($60) after first purchase through referral, no annual fee, no minimum spending. (Or GCR $40 Plus 4000 ($40) Bonus but need to spend $500)
Dec 16, 2012
2 posts
Mississauga
voodoo22 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 10:01 pm
Too many fine print rules on their FAQ (https://www.ratehub.ca/gift-card-faq):

"You will not be eligible for the promotion if you have previously applied for the credit card. You will not be eligible if you have participated in a gift card promotion in the past. You must apply through Ratehub.ca to be eligible. Gift cards are limited to one per customer."

It's a great post for people who have never applied before, but do keep in mind ratehub can be a pain to get what you deserve from and if they find any loophole they will not give you the g/c. That's been my experience with them anyways. Great Canadian Rebates usually offers less rewards, but they rarely screw up and when they do, it's usually their client (like transunion screwing you over) and one email to GCR has always resolved issues for me.
"like transunion screwing you over" -- this has recently happened to me when I applied to the Amex card (similar promo) maybe a month and a half ago. I got a message saying my application was denied and was told to contact the two credit bureaus, called Equifax they said they didn't even get 'pinged' by Scotiabank and contacted TransUnion to get my credit report and nothing looks suspicious. I was told by a Scotiabank rep that my application was denied due to a "security issue" but that they couldn't tell me anything more beyond that. So, what can I do to resolve this? It's really annoying and has happened now multiple times via online applications (apparently going in person is different and would work but then I'd miss the GC bonus via online).
Sep 25, 2017
10 posts
when i appied for cash back card, it said i didnt meet its critia .how can i do that ?
Apr 19, 2016
377 posts
141 upvotes
i will apply amex cobalt not this sb amex. 40000 mr point= 400cash- 120= 280 first year. and mr is not only 0.01 cent. but sb rewards not enough for 0.01
Jul 23, 2013
19 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
I applied for the Visa and got approved.
I have not received any email from ratehub about gift card. Is there a notification? How and when would I receive the gift card
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2430 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
frugalfreddy wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 6:08 pm
"like transunion screwing you over" -- this has recently happened to me when I applied to the Amex card (similar promo) maybe a month and a half ago. I got a message saying my application was denied and was told to contact the two credit bureaus, called Equifax they said they didn't even get 'pinged' by Scotiabank and contacted TransUnion to get my credit report and nothing looks suspicious. I was told by a Scotiabank rep that my application was denied due to a "security issue" but that they couldn't tell me anything more beyond that. So, what can I do to resolve this? It's really annoying and has happened now multiple times via online applications (apparently going in person is different and would work but then I'd miss the GC bonus via online).
I suggest you to do a credit monitor and also order a drivers record as well as a criminal background check. You may be a victim of identity theft.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Jan 19, 2006
285 posts
18 upvotes
methyl wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 5:02 pm
So applying for both cards doesn't make sense right? Because ratehub disqualifies if you got any promotion previously.
Thinking to apply for AmEx because of bigger value, but it's hard to use Amex in general, much fewer places take it compared to Visa/MC. Will not be easy to spend $1000 in grocery stores, etc.
Is this confirmed? I'm tempted to do both haha
Deal Addict
May 3, 2006
1427 posts
166 upvotes
hjkimbrian wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 4:56 pm
just got my amazon giftcard for signing up for amex. thanks OP.
I got approved for Visa infinite the same day. How long before I receive the Amazon GC? Any prior confirmation notifications from Ratehub?
Dec 18, 2012
272 posts
53 upvotes
andrewhau wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:33 am
when i appied for cash back card, it said i didnt meet its critia .how can i do that ?
probably means you didn't meet the criteria.... there is a minimum salary requirement for the infinite, as an example.
Jul 28, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
When does the second year's fee hit? Let's say I applied in November, received card in December, and activated the card in January next year, when would the second year's annual fee hit?
Jun 18, 2013
171 posts
31 upvotes
Montreal
Anyone else on the TD CB Visa infinite card as well? Seems like it's gonna be hard to take advantage of the Scotia Momentum offer...

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

comsym, lp3161