Hot Deals

[Scotiabank] $100 Gift Card + FYF + Spending Bonus Scotia Gold AMEX and Visa Infinite

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2017 7:36 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1364 posts
709 upvotes
Etobicoke
HenryC422053 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 1:46 pm
When does the second year's fee hit? Let's say I applied in November, received card in December, and activated the card in January next year, when would the second year's annual fee hit?
They started your billing cycle as soon as they approved your card. So mostly you get charge for 2nd year fee in ither november or december next year. It does not matter when you activate your card.
Dec 3, 2017
15 posts
2 upvotes
UND3AD wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 2:01 pm
Anyone else on the TD CB Visa infinite card as well? Seems like it's gonna be hard to take advantage of the Scotia Momentum offer...
I would think the contrary. I have the TD CB with all-inclusive account. With this Momentum offer, it is 5% on everything for 3 months (up to $150) so I would essentially treat the Momentum as a complement (the card for non-booster category) instead of a substitute for this first 3 months, i.e. use TD CB for gas and grocery (3% -4% = -1% comparing to Momentum) and Momentum for everything else in the first 3 months (5% -1% = +4% comparing to TD CB). Spending $3,000 in the first 3 months outside gas and grocery should be easy to hit given it's holiday season, thus netting you $120 ($3,000 * 4%) in non-booster category, even though you will be losing 1% for the gas and grocery category. Plus, it's FYF and comes with a $100 GC. Why not?
Dec 16, 2012
2 posts
Mississauga
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 8:40 am
I suggest you to do a credit monitor and also order a drivers record as well as a criminal background check. You may be a victim of identity theft.
I have received the credit report already and didn't see anything suspicious and tend to monitor my accounts (CC, checking accts, etc.) closely. But I will call both credit bureaus again to ask about what is being flagged on my credit profile online and go over the report. Thanks!
Nov 27, 2014
43 posts
9 upvotes
Dryden, ON
Thanks OP.

I applied for the Visa. I need to replace my Scene visa as I have like 27k points and no movie theatre near me (I do realize that I can spend at Sport Chek, etc. but I think it'll be better off with a cash back)/
Sep 7, 2011
111 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
psgamer18 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 3:51 pm
Thanks OP.

I applied for the Visa. I need to replace my Scene visa as I have like 27k points and no movie theatre near me (I do realize that I can spend at Sport Chek, etc. but I think it'll be better off with a cash back)/
no. you cannot spend in SportCheck as of early october
Jun 18, 2013
167 posts
31 upvotes
Montreal
AngeliveDK wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 2:52 pm
I would think the contrary. I have the TD CB with all-inclusive account. With this Momentum offer, it is 5% on everything for 3 months (up to $150) so I would essentially treat the Momentum as a complement (the card for non-booster category) instead of a substitute for this first 3 months, i.e. use TD CB for gas and grocery (3% -4% = -1% comparing to Momentum) and Momentum for everything else in the first 3 months (5% -1% = +4% comparing to TD CB). Spending $3,000 in the first 3 months outside gas and grocery should be easy to hit given it's holiday season, thus netting you $120 ($3,000 * 4%) in non-booster category, even though you will be losing 1% for the gas and grocery category. Plus, it's FYF and comes with a $100 GC. Why not?
Maybe I'm just stupid with math, but it's 6% on the TD CB card so I'm not sure how the Momentum would be of help..
Nov 27, 2014
43 posts
9 upvotes
Dryden, ON
lochunwa wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 3:52 pm
no. you cannot spend in SportCheck as of early october
Oh, I didn't realize they stopped doing that. All the more reason to get this card and replace the Scene Visa.

Thanks for the heads up
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1531 posts
143 upvotes
Vancouver
Approved instantly on Dec 5. Still haven’t received gift card today. Should I be worried?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5427 posts
289 upvotes
TO
Anyone re-apply for visa infinite and re-approved rather than Scotia re-open a closed account lets say from 2 months ago?
Achieva Financial / Tangerine / EQ Bank member

I use Plastiq to pay bills! It's magic ;)
#1 rule of Churning club - KCaDCA
RIP Marriott Visa card :(

You need someone with an umbrella not a fork
Aug 15, 2003
520 posts
180 upvotes
vipjn wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 1:11 pm
Approved instantly on Dec 5. Still haven’t received gift card today. Should I be worried?
I got the Your new Scotiabank credit card is on its way! email on Dec. 4 and still haven't received it. The email notes "It should arrive in 5-7 business days.", so I'm guessing early this week.
Jul 21, 2006
931 posts
152 upvotes
Scotia is sh*t never received by bonus points
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1364 posts
709 upvotes
Etobicoke
stratux wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 1:29 pm
Scotia is sh*t never received by bonus points
I think i am the lucky one than. Last year i applied for scotia amex card with 20,000 bonus points. But i got 40,000 points.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
8518 posts
798 upvotes
where do i get the FYF through Referral???
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Dec 3, 2017
15 posts
2 upvotes
UND3AD wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 8:00 pm
Maybe I'm just stupid with math, but it's 6% on the TD CB card so I'm not sure how the Momentum would be of help..
Oh, I'm assuming you already have the TD CB for awhile (like me) thus would not be eligible for the sign up bonus. Forget what I said if you are still in the 6% promotional period.
Jun 22, 2017
15 posts
1 upvote
Got rejected for the Scotia gold AMEX with >60k income :( And I did a credit check after and was 760+

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

davy