• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2014 2:05 pm
Tags:
Banned
Sep 9, 2011
456 posts
68 upvotes
hey guise
so i applied, i got my credit card in the mail today. i filled in this random form that needs to be filled online after getting the credit card...i asked for a future shop card. can i please get a sense of reassurance that i will get a legit future shop card? please?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1738 posts
145 upvotes
Thornhill
my amazon code came in spam at 19th :P

100 dollars! thanks guys!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
8342 posts
2972 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Received an email confirming delivery of the $100 FS gift card, however, is there a catch in the fine print?
I was just going to cut the MBNA card ie; never use it but then I caught the last segment of a CityTV program where they said watch that on some of these promos, even a $0 balance will carry interest and some cards have a time period before they can actually be cancelled.

Haven't looked at the fine print yet.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
18380 posts
2400 upvotes
Waterloo
AncasterRFD wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 8:22 pm
Received an email confirming delivery of the $100 FS gift card, however, is there a catch in the fine print?
I was just going to cut the MBNA card ie; never use it but then I caught the last segment of a CityTV program where they said watch that on some of these promos, even a $0 balance will carry interest and some cards have a time period before they can actually be cancelled.

Same here, got the email (that's 3~5 days since I submit I think)

We’ve successfully confirmed your approval for your MBNA Smart Cash Credit Card and contact information. Your Future Shop e-gift card is now on its way to you, and should be received in your e-mail inbox in the next 2 - 3 business days.

Congratulations on your MBNA credit card approval and best of luck on your chance to WIN $1,100 on your holiday food and travel expenses!

Share the Holiday Cheer!
It’s the season of giving, so why not share this great deal with a friend? Simply forward this email, or spread the word via Facebook and Twitter. That’s the spirit!
Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 20K
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
6080 posts
5748 upvotes
GT-EH
AncasterRFD wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 8:22 pm

I never heard of a credit card charging interest on promptly paid monthly balances.

Let's hope this is not the case here!
I just like to collect things! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Nov 28, 2012
24 posts
Nope
i was about to ask the same question before asking for one... One thing came to my mind is how can they charge interest if the sold is 0$? I mean it's say 0 annual fee and bla bla... if you do not use it, you can not have a sold on it right so no sold no interest???
Banned
Aug 8, 2012
1115 posts
83 upvotes
Dallas, Texas.
Why not use the credit card?

You get 5% back on gas and groceries, that is better than any other card company. Just use it for the first 6 months then ditch it.
Oct 26, 2011
242 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
What is the fuss about, just pay off your balance in full and you are good unless you want to take advantage of the PROMO period w/ the platinum card with 0% interest rate for first 10 months.

Even if it says 0% from what I understand this doesn't mean you don't pay anything, you pay the minimum monthly payment but will not acquire interest (for promo period). ALSO note that the promo period starts as soon as you get accepted for the credit card, not when it arrives/activation occurs that's the only "sneaky" or non-transparent things that I know of.

Other thing to be aware of are the caps on the promo periods, check out fine print for this - e.g. smartcash 5% only on your first $400 of gas/groceries next $400 capped at 2% I believe and 1% thereafter on anything else (monthly)
Dec 11, 2012
121 posts
5 upvotes
i read the fine print, it says they charge 20$ per payment return.

is this related to return product i bought from store? or something else
Oct 26, 2011
242 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
mytalk wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 1:23 pm
i read the fine print, it says they charge 20$ per payment return.

is this related to return product i bought from store? or something else
No, I believe it's a penalty for not being able to pay. For example, you pay your credit card fees with a cheque but have insufficient funds in your account, they charge you this fee because you have insufficient funds to pay.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
8342 posts
2972 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I only use a PC MC, one card to pay off, lose, cancel, etc. Then use the PC points for groceries. Adds up to an extra year warranty for most purchases. I pay it off about 2x/month, there's never an interest balance. It's just convenient.
Is the MBNA 5% up to $400 for promo period or perpetual? Might be better to use it instead.

(I'm also looking into Amex as now I only buy gas at Costco since they opened a gas bar at mine)
Dec 3, 2012
7 posts
1 upvote
MAPLE
Nice just got approved and waiting for them to process me
Nov 28, 2012
24 posts
Nope
Sorry, not a good deal for me so i will have to pass because i read again the print and they say in them that they charge a minimum of 15$ a month even if you have a sold of 0$ (If your new balance total is less than $15, the minimum payment will equal the new balance total and that minimum is 15$)... so unless i did not read it correctly by the end of a year for a 100$ gift card i will have to pay 180$ or more...

i am also not sure but i think the smart card reward are limited to some store only... If that is the case and the list i saw contain the only store where one can get the reward the smart card become even more worthless for me since not many store i go are on that list...

So if i had no card it could be of limited use but i already have one and not interested to change...
Banned
Sep 9, 2011
456 posts
68 upvotes
osirion26 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 3:09 am
Sorry, not a good deal for me so i will have to pass because i read again the print and they say in them that they charge a minimum of 15$ a month even if you have a sold of 0$ (If your new balance total is less than $15, the minimum payment will equal the new balance total and that minimum is 15$)... so unless i did not read it correctly by the end of a year for a 100$ gift card i will have to pay 180$ or more...

i am also not sure but i think the smart card reward are limited to some store only... If that is the case and the list i saw contain the only store where one can get the reward the smart card become even more worthless for me since not many store i go are on that list...

So if i had no card it could be of limited use but i already have one and not interested to change...
i do not understand the first paragraph at all
May 21, 2011
15 posts
1 upvote
SCARBOROUGH
osirion26 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 3:09 am

I m so confused about your questions. as long as i know smart cash is ZERO annual fee, how come you get charge for $15 per month if you don't use it? and as for the second question, you will get the reward anywhere mastercard accepted.
× < >