[Amazon] $100 Gift Card when you apply for an mbna card

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2014 2:05 pm
Tags:
Nov 9, 2010
195 posts
92 upvotes
Montreal
Just FYI, I've got a letter from MBNA (TD) stating that (from what I remember) starting from my December bill:
- "money-backable" amount is capped at ~$1200. MB rate is still 1%.
- no more 3% money-back on gas and groceries. It will be 2%, BUT for $400/month IF these $400 are spent within the first $1200/month.

They offered me an option of "upgrading" my Smart-Cash to World MC. World MC does not have the limit on the "money-backable" amount, BUT there is no 2% on gas and groceries either.

It looks like the Capital One World MC is the best option nowadays (2% on everything in airmiles, no cap).
Just my 2 cents.
Dec 10, 2006
55 posts
I filled out the app and selected the $100 FS card. We'll see what happens. The form says they will reply by snail mail "within 30 days".
Banned
Oct 17, 2012
2689 posts
114 upvotes
hmm wrote:
Nov 6th, 2012 12:25 pm
When you apply for the smart cash card or the platinum plus credit card, you get a $100 gift card. It seems that there is no minimum spending amount required. You can choose your gift card from the following options: ToysRus, Amazon.ca, Futureshop, or Boston Pizza.

I just applied for the smart cash card, and planning to use the gift card at Futureshop towards the Nexus 10.

You can check out the offer here: http://www.ratesupermarket.ca/deals/holiday-promo/

Expiration date?
Jun 27, 2004
255 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Applied. I've been on the fence about getting this card for a while. $100 Gift card seems pretty sweet...as long as it eventually comes. :P

I think I noticed somewhere that this expires Dec. 15...not 100% sure though.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
5682 posts
1527 upvotes
Toronto
Snowslip wrote:
Nov 6th, 2012 2:15 pm
Just FYI, I've got a letter from MBNA (TD) stating that (from what I remember) starting from my December bill:
- no more 3% money-back on gas and groceries. It will be 2%, BUT for $400/month IF these $400 are spent within the first $1200/month.

They offered me an option of "upgrading" my Smart-Cash to World MC. World MC does not have the limit on the "money-backable" amount, BUT there is no 2% on gas and groceries either.

It looks like the Capital One World MC is the best option nowadays (2% on everything in airmiles, no cap).
Just my 2 cents.
There IS 2% on gas and groceries on the Smart Cash World... not sure what you're talking about.

https://www.mbna.ca/RWDapp/home?mc=SMCAWCN&locale=en_CA
May 30, 2006
217 posts
16 upvotes
From the FAQ:

A. As soon as you have received approval from MBNA for your chosen credit card, visit RateSupermarket.ca to enter the last four digits of your approved credit card. RateSupermarket.ca will then send your gift card to you via email. It's as simple as that.
It can take 30-50 days for MBNA to approve your credit card application. After your application has been approved, RateSupermarket.ca will take 3-5 days to process your offer and send you your free gift card.

Doesn't seem so easy to find the spot to enter the last four digits of your new credit card when approved, and perhaps many people will forget to do this.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
5909 posts
1028 upvotes
Toronto
Snowslip wrote:

Just my 2 cents.
What're you talking about? I have the mbna World Reward MC, with 2% cashback. There is no restriction, and there is 2% on gas, groceries, and anything else.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
2195 posts
460 upvotes
We got screwed by td. I miss the 3% cash back.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
6428 posts
4840 upvotes
shopper_of_things wrote:
Nov 6th, 2012 12:49 pm
Don't forget to stack with GCR!
GVRtrader wrote:
Its rival sites just like RFD so i don't see how you can stack them.
Are you sure we can't stack it with GCR!

I think we can start the application process from the OP's link, but actually apply using GCR.

1 - From the OP's link, enter your info, and you will be redirected to the MNBA site, but don't fill it out.

2 - You will receive a confirmation email "Thank you for applying to the RateSupermarket.ca $100 FREE Gift Card offer." <-- This will be used later.

3 - Log into your GCR account, and apply through them.

4 - Only after you are approved, follow the link (step 2) in the email and enter your info and the last 4 digits from your new CC.

5 - If all went well, MBNA will confirm that you were accepted (even though it was from GCR), and you should get the $100 GC

***GCR works with a tracking number where everything is done automatically, whereas these guys
have us doing all the work by clicking on a link in their email, and telling them that we were approved!

As long as your info is exactly the same between these guys, and GCR, once you get approved, entering your info proving acceptance, might just work

Here's the email I received, even though I didn't apply (yet):

How Do I Receive My FREE $100 Gift Card?
Once you’ve received approval from MBNA for your Smart Cash Mastercard® or Platinum Plus® MasterCard®,
pay us a visit to claim your FREE $100 gift from one of these great choices: Toys R Us, Boston Pizza, Amazon.ca, Future Shop

I've Been Approved!
Have you received confirmation for your Smart Cash MasterCard® credit card or Platinum Plus® MasterCard® credit card? CLICK HERE to claim your gift card!

Please Confirm Your Details
If you’ve qualified for your Smart Cash MasterCard® credit card or Platinum Plus® MasterCard®, it’s time to choose your free $100 gift card from RateSupermarket.ca.
Simply provide us with the details below to verify your approval.
Once these details have been received, RateSupermarket.ca will confirm your approval with MBNA.
Please ensure that all of the information you provide us with matches the info you used to apply for your MBNA credit card to qualify.

Enter Your Info
In order for us to confirm your approval, please provide us with the following details.
Note that the information you provide us must match the information that is associated with your application in order to qualify.

DISCLAIMER:

This method is not guaranteed to work, so I take no responsibility if you only walk away with the $60 cash from GCR rather than the $100 GC from the OP's link.

Good luck! :)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
5460 posts
107 upvotes
Scarborough
We will see.
Core i5 6500 SL|GB Z170-UD3|2x8Gb DDR4-3000|eVGA GF GTX 1070 8GB SC|eVGA SN750 P2|Antec P183|LG WH14NS40|Intel 730 480GB SSD|WD 256GB SSD|Hitachi 500GB|SG 500GB|SS 1TB|SoundBlaster Z|Logitech Z-5500|Dell 3007WFP-HC|Logitech G500|Logitech G510
Sep 14, 2008
672 posts
59 upvotes
Vancouver
Wait, 3% cash back is becoming 2% cash back?
That's ridiculous. MBNA's been a sub of TD for awhile now. Is there a better credit card out there now? I've exhausted my 5% cashback from MBNA and if they switch from 3 to 2, I want to jump ship.
Banned
Oct 17, 2012
2689 posts
114 upvotes
IDStorms wrote:
Nov 6th, 2012 5:54 pm
Are you sure we can't stack it with GCR!

I think we can start the application process from the OP's link, but actually apply using GCR.

1 - From the OP's link, enter your info, and you will be redirected to the MNBA site, but don't fill it out.

2 - You will receive a confirmation email "Thank you for applying to the RateSupermarket.ca $100 FREE Gift Card offer." <-- This will be used later.

3 - Log into your GCR account, and apply through them.

4 - Only after you are approved, follow the link (step 2) in the email and enter your info and the last 4 digits from your new CC.

5 - If all went well, MBNA will confirm that you were accepted (even though it was from GCR), and you should get the $100 GC

***GCR works with a tracking number where everything is done automatically, whereas these guys
have us doing all the work by clicking on a link in their email, and telling them that we were approved!

As long as your info is exactly the same between these guys, and GCR, once you get approved, entering your info proving acceptance, might just work

Here's the email I received, even though I didn't apply (yet):

How Do I Receive My FREE $100 Gift Card?
Once you’ve received approval from MBNA for your Smart Cash Mastercard® or Platinum Plus® MasterCard®,
pay us a visit to claim your FREE $100 gift from one of these great choices: Toys R Us, Boston Pizza, Amazon.ca, Future Shop

I've Been Approved!
Have you received confirmation for your Smart Cash MasterCard® credit card or Platinum Plus® MasterCard® credit card? CLICK HERE to claim your gift card!

Please Confirm Your Details
If you’ve qualified for your Smart Cash MasterCard® credit card or Platinum Plus® MasterCard®, it’s time to choose your free $100 gift card from RateSupermarket.ca.
Simply provide us with the details below to verify your approval.
Once these details have been received, RateSupermarket.ca will confirm your approval with MBNA.
Please ensure that all of the information you provide us with matches the info you used to apply for your MBNA credit card to qualify.

Enter Your Info
In order for us to confirm your approval, please provide us with the following details.
Note that the information you provide us must match the information that is associated with your application in order to qualify.

DISCLAIMER:

This method is not guaranteed to work, so I take no responsibility if you only walk away with the $60 cash from GCR rather than the $100 GC from the OP's link.

Good luck! :)
where you enter your last four digit?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
6428 posts
4840 upvotes
TripleTAP wrote:
Nov 6th, 2012 6:26 pm
where you enter your last four digit?
Look at my post where it says "click here" in red.

That's only after you get approved though!
12chris34 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2012 6:57 pm
what is gcr??????
Another rebate site like the OP's
× < >