• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2014 2:05 pm
Tags:
Sep 18, 2008
401 posts
26 upvotes
FreddDaSilva wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 8:56 pm
Considering the email says 5-15 business days to confirm your approval, yes, way too early for you to be ranting.
We’ve successfully confirmed your approval for your MBNA Smart Cash Credit Card and contact information. Your Future Shop e-gift card is now on its way to you, and should be received in your e-mail inbox in the next 2 - 3 business days.

^ I think he meant this email where it says 2 -3 business days and he hasn't gotten his gift card yet. I am in the same boat as well it has only been 3 business days but considering it is xmas/boxing week we should cut them some slack and give them another 2-3 business days before we start ranting! LOL..
Apr 1, 2007
79 posts
65 upvotes
Montreal
I had an email saying FS gift card would arrive 1-2 business days - today (Friday) is business day 4. My wife had an email saying 2-3 business days - meaning Monday (the 31st). I am thinking FS is holding back these GCs because it is boxing day and they don't want to give it up so easily. I don't mind waiting for our $200. iPAD mini for $129...still sweet.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
6080 posts
5748 upvotes
GT-EH
I'm also still waiting after that ridiculous e-mail saying it should arrive within 2-3 business days and I'm waiting here on day 5+

Sigh... wish they could hurry it up before boxing week sales are over!
I just like to collect things! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Banned
Sep 9, 2011
456 posts
68 upvotes
GiOBoY wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 9:35 am
I'm also still waiting after that ridiculous e-mail saying it should arrive within 2-3 business days and I'm waiting here on day 5+

Sigh... wish they could hurry it up before boxing week sales are over!
Yea im getting antsy :P
Mar 5, 2009
583 posts
87 upvotes
GC arrived half an hour ago, got the email 12/21. Never submitted anything. My card hasn't even arrived in the mail yet lol
Apr 30, 2012
68 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I just applied for the card,will I get the GC now,as the notification of approval will come in 3-4 buisness days.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
2973 posts
205 upvotes
Vancouver
Also got my FS GC today in an email.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
3522 posts
1051 upvotes
azybcxrfd wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 6:34 am
Is it too late to apply now?
It's until december 31st. you can apply for both cards .
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2010
1711 posts
548 upvotes
Montreal
I got my FS giftcard a few days ago, and I was signing my dad up for a card today through Ratesupermarket.ca and I noticed that after finishing the application they didn't send the "Your FREE $100 Gift: Request Received" email that acknowledges your application through the website and gives you a link to the "Claim your gift card" form to use once you receive your card in the mail and are able to input the last 4 digits. I know I got this email when I applied a few weeks ago, do you guys think there was a problem with the application or did they just change their method of verifying your approval? I hear some people are receiving their gift cards before the credit card arrives and without ever submitting the last 4 digits in the claim your gift card form.
Apr 1, 2007
79 posts
65 upvotes
Montreal
My wife got her e-gift card before me, and she applied after me. So I have no idea how they do these things. The only thing I can think of, is my wife already had an MBNA card and this was her second, whereas mine was net new. So I wonder if it went faster because she already used an MBNA card - not necessarily the new one. In any case, $100 down, $100 to go.
Nov 21, 2007
231 posts
31 upvotes
Gatineau
mathiewannabe wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 6:52 am
It's until december 31st. you can apply for both cards .
Does it mean you can get two $100 GC if you apply for both cards? Can anyone confirm this?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2695 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
funky_monkey wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 10:21 am
Does it mean you can get two $100 GC if you apply for both cards? Can anyone confirm this?
+1
× < >