[Amazon] $100 Gift Card when you apply for an mbna card

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2014 2:05 pm
Tags:
May 4, 2010
91 posts
IDStorms wrote:
Nov 6th, 2012 5:54 pm
Are you sure we can't stack it with GCR!

I think we can start the application process from the OP's link, but actually apply using GCR.

1 - From the OP's link, enter your info, and you will be redirected to the MNBA site, but don't fill it out.

2 - You will receive a confirmation email "Thank you for applying to the RateSupermarket.ca $100 FREE Gift Card offer." <-- This will be used later.

3 - Log into your GCR account, and apply through them.

4 - Only after you are approved, follow the link (step 2) in the email and enter your info and the last 4 digits from your new CC.

5 - If all went well, MBNA will confirm that you were accepted (even though it was from GCR), and you should get the $100 GC

***GCR works with a tracking number where everything is done automatically, whereas these guys
have us doing all the work by clicking on a link in their email, and telling them that we were approved!

As long as your info is exactly the same between these guys, and GCR, once you get approved, entering your info proving acceptance, might just work

Here's the email I received, even though I didn't apply (yet):

How Do I Receive My FREE $100 Gift Card?
Once you’ve received approval from MBNA for your Smart Cash Mastercard® or Platinum Plus® MasterCard®,
pay us a visit to claim your FREE $100 gift from one of these great choices: Toys R Us, Boston Pizza, Amazon.ca, Future Shop

I've Been Approved!
Have you received confirmation for your Smart Cash MasterCard® credit card or Platinum Plus® MasterCard® credit card? CLICK HERE to claim your gift card!

Please Confirm Your Details
If you’ve qualified for your Smart Cash MasterCard® credit card or Platinum Plus® MasterCard®, it’s time to choose your free $100 gift card from RateSupermarket.ca.
Simply provide us with the details below to verify your approval.
Once these details have been received, RateSupermarket.ca will confirm your approval with MBNA.
Please ensure that all of the information you provide us with matches the info you used to apply for your MBNA credit card to qualify.

Enter Your Info
In order for us to confirm your approval, please provide us with the following details.
Note that the information you provide us must match the information that is associated with your application in order to qualify.

DISCLAIMER:

This method is not guaranteed to work, so I take no responsibility if you only walk away with the $60 cash from GCR rather than the $100 GC from the OP's link.

Good luck! :)
That's likely not going to work:
Q. How do I get my $100 Free Gift Card?
A. In order to qualify for the free $100 gift card, just follow these simple steps:
Click on one of the links on this webpage to apply for either the MBNA Smart Cash MasterCard® credit card or the MBNA Platinum Plus® MasterCard® credit card. Applications placed over the phone will not be valid and you must use one of the links below to be eligible.
Complete the credit card application.
If your application is successful, you will be notified by MBNA. Once you have received this notification, visit RateSupermarket.ca again to enter the last 4 digits of your approved credit card. RateSupermarket.ca will then send you your free gift card in 5-10 business days.

That means you need to follow the link provided to you in the email, otherwise how will MBNA know that the application came from RateSupermarket.ca?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
6443 posts
4845 upvotes
GimpedNinja wrote:
Nov 6th, 2012 7:19 pm
That's likely not going to work:
Q. How do I get my $100 Free Gift Card?
A. In order to qualify for the free $100 gift card, just follow these simple steps:
Click on one of the links on this webpage to apply for either the MBNA Smart Cash MasterCard® credit card or the MBNA Platinum Plus® MasterCard® credit card. Applications placed over the phone will not be valid and you must use one of the links below to be eligible.
Complete the credit card application.
If your application is successful, you will be notified by MBNA. Once you have received this notification, visit RateSupermarket.ca again to enter the last 4 digits of your approved credit card. RateSupermarket.ca will then send you your free gift card in 5-10 business days.

That means you need to follow the link provided to you in the email, otherwise how will MBNA know that the application came from RateSupermarket.ca?
My step 1: start the application through their link

My step 4: follow the link from their email, and enter your 4 digits

There is no link in the email for applying, it's only once you are accepted!

As far as MBNA is concerned, you got approved. (only it was through GCR)

When RateSupermarket calls MBNA asking if Mr "Your Name", card number ending with "1234" was approved, they will say "Yes"

Besides, I included my disclaimer! ;)
TickTockzzz wrote:
Nov 6th, 2012 7:21 pm
Sad. I just got a MBNA CC last week :(
Doesn't mean anything.

I have two MBNA Sony Cards from GCR promos, and now contemplating getting this one.
Temp. Banned
Oct 17, 2012
2689 posts
114 upvotes
My step 4: follow the link from their email, and enter your 4 digits???

i did see "click here"on the red but there is no four digit

i need to wait 30 days to get a response back from mbna ? is that mean once i got my mbna credit card then i need to get the input the last 4 digit of number? last 4 digit of the credit card in order to proceed the application for $100?
Oct 24, 2008
410 posts
77 upvotes
We took advantage of the free $50 GC offer MBNA had last time.. its legit!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
6443 posts
4845 upvotes
TripleTAP wrote:
Nov 6th, 2012 7:28 pm
My step 4: follow the link from their email, and enter your 4 digits???

i did see "click here"on the red but there is no four digit

i need to wait 30 days to get a response back from mbna ? is that mean once i got my mbna credit card then i need to get the input the last 4 digit of number? last 4 digit of the credit card in order to proceed the application for $100?
Yes.

Click on that link, and you should see this:

Temp. Banned
Oct 17, 2012
2689 posts
114 upvotes
IDStorms wrote:
Nov 6th, 2012 7:38 pm
Yes.

Click on that link, and you should see this:

yeah where is the last four digit? i don't have the last four digit ....

edit ... that means i need to wait for my approval mail
Jun 26, 2009
483 posts
150 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks I applied. I hope it works.
Does anyone know how bad it is for credit score to apply credit cards like this. I applied the Sony Card for free google TV thing last month. And now I just applied for this one :D lol can't let the free stuff fly by.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
6443 posts
4845 upvotes
TripleTAP wrote:
Nov 6th, 2012 7:44 pm
yeah where is the last four digit? i don't have the last four digit ....

edit ... that means i need to wait for my approval mail
Exactly.

Only after you get approved.

You might even have to wait to receive your card to know what the last 4 digits are, since they are the last 4 digits of your credit card.
Feb 12, 2007
283 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
I just applied. Hoping for that $100 FS GC for a Nexus 4 or 10 :) thx op!
:!: ^^ If you like this post click thanks! ^^ :!:
Dec 13, 2006
548 posts
65 upvotes
Problem with this is MBNA will pay GCR the referral fee. Let's say 110 and GCR pay you $60. The other site rate supermarket have no deposit from MBNA to pay you even if your 4 digits match because you applied last on the GCR link (cookie is GCR)
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2010
1694 posts
326 upvotes
Scarborough
Swag. Signed up for 100 cards. Going to get $10000 worth of gift cards. I'll sell some to you guys for $98 each. What retailers do you want? Tell me now so I can reserve for you guys. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1314 posts
142 upvotes
Be warned. These guys have lowered the rewards as some members have mentioned.

Big 5% promo is a bunch of bs as it turns into 2% with a letter they send you.

DO NOT sign up for this.
Get that American express card and fill up at Costco while getting 3% back or use that PC financial master card to get 10.5 cents off a litre.
I hate when banks change their terms a year after you use their credit cards.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
1557 posts
72 upvotes
bigjee wrote:
Nov 6th, 2012 11:42 pm

DO NOT sign up for this.
Get that American express card and fill up at Costco while getting 3% back or use that PC financial master card to get 10.5 cents off a litre.
Can you give me a link for where it says 10.5 cents off a litre, I'm very interested. Thanks.
Jun 26, 2009
483 posts
150 upvotes
Calgary
Devotion wrote:
Nov 6th, 2012 11:32 pm
Swag. Signed up for 100 cards. Going to get $10000 worth of gift cards. I'll sell some to you guys for $98 each. What retailers do you want? Tell me now so I can reserve for you guys. Thanks OP!
LOL :cheesygri
bigjee wrote:
Nov 6th, 2012 11:42 pm

DO NOT sign up for this.
Don't they already mention that 5% is for 1st 6 months and 2% there after at selected grocery/pharmacy/gas stores? and 1% everywhere else. I think it is pretty good, as I get 3% at selected and 1% everywhere else with ATB Financial's platinum MasterCard that is $120/year fee! I'm thinking of cancelling that and sticking with this one for free.. with 1% less but also $120 less a year.
× < >