Expired Hot Deals

$100 New Member Sign Up Bonus from G&F Financial Group (Great Vancouver Area)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2015 7:33 pm
Tags:
None
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
3953 posts
813 upvotes
"*Terms and conditions apply. Speak to a G&F Financial Group representative for details."

Do you know the T&C's?
signature closed for renovation
Aug 11, 2011
95 posts
33 upvotes
RICHMOND
I went in a while ago for this offer. Turns out you need to have an active account for 6 months or a year, can't remember which one exactly.

They also require you to bring your bank statements to look through.

Not a good deal, considering G and F has no free chequing accounts - and if you really want to bank with an Exchange bank ...Coast Capital has a free chequing account.
Jan 26, 2005
898 posts
44 upvotes
DON'T DO IT!

i had a very bad experience of about offer.

i had this offer and i opened an account last year. So last week, i went in and tried to close my account ( seven months old ).

They said they could close my account but the bouns had to be removed. they basically saying i am a cheater. i open the account just for the welcome bouns because i am not using my account.

I kept asking them to show me T&C which i broke so i couldn't keep my bouns.

At the end, they show me nothing. Instead kept claiming i am a cheater. If i want to close my account, i have to give up the $100 bouns.

i even talked to the manager and she was very rude. they just looked at me as a cheater.

anyways, at the end, i failed to close my account and left with anger.

So no, don't do it. they are not as professional as other big bank.
Their managers will make up some reasons trying to keep your money.

Very bad customer service at G&F Financial Group
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
3953 posts
813 upvotes
Couldn't you withdraw all the cash and let it close by itself?
signature closed for renovation
Jan 26, 2005
898 posts
44 upvotes
recordman wrote:
Jul 15th, 2015 4:38 am
Couldn't you withdraw all the cash and let it close by itself?
But they will still charge me for monthly account fee. That's the reason why i want to close my account.

The thing really piss me off is that they come up a dumb reason and treat me like a liar. Why i have to give back the bonus if i am not using account. i asked them many times for T&C but they failed to show me.

Instead kept saying it is obvious i open the account for bonus so they have to remove it from my account.

They are very rude and unprofessional. I am very surprised the bank employees ( teller and branch manager ) act like this and treat me as a thief.

If there is nothing show i break the terms, removing the bonus from my account actually same as stealing money from me!

So please, stay away from them. Go with TD, RBC, CIBC offers instead. i have no problem with them and they have no problem giving me the bouns if i follow the T&C.