Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

$100 off HTC 10 Preorder - US

• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2016 9:27 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 16, 2012
677 posts
189 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Rizwann2006 wrote: Mail forwarding through one of mail forwarding places in Delaware (no sales tax). Most of these places declare a lower value for tax purposes.
That's what I'm thinking. Assuming you're talking about myMallbox? From what I remember, they don't lower the declaration value themselves right? It's up to us to change it if we want, I believe?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6114 posts
1693 upvotes
Milton
Looks promising. Waiting for real reviews:
Nov 16, 2012
677 posts
189 upvotes
VANCOUVER
imajin wrote: Not to mention the htc 10 is future proof with usb c, the screen is the most touch sensitive in the market. It is better than the s7 edge.
Agreed. I think sans the IP68 rating, and the aesthetic aspect, which is subjective anyways, the HTC 10 is quite the compelling package. Software is always the biggest thing keeping me away from Samsung phones, even though I love the hardware. This includes the annoying Touchwiz lag, and the lack of updates from Samsung; honestly for a top 3 manufacturer, they're god damn horrible.

It's the Canadian price of the HTC 10 that is the major turn off for me. For the US folks, they're actually getting a good deal with the $599 discounted price tag, but we're just getting hung out to dry over here. It's like they've priced it with the intention of not selling many units in Canada, banking on those who will pay the ridiculous premium instead.
Jan 10, 2011
30 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
infamousdealer wrote: That's what I'm thinking. Assuming you're talking about myMallbox? From what I remember, they don't lower the declaration value themselves right? It's up to us to change it if we want, I believe?
Yes it is up to the person importing the goods to declare the value of the items.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
9468 posts
2408 upvotes
London
imajin wrote: Not to mention the htc 10 is future proof with usb c, the screen is the most touch sensitive in the market. It is better than the s7 edge.
++1
Nov 16, 2012
677 posts
189 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Rizwann2006 wrote: Yes it is up to the person importing the goods to declare the value of the items.
Wondering how warranty would work in that case. Does HTC Canada honour warranty on a phone bought for the States? I know LG Canada is horrible in that regard. Definitely contemplating this approach, but waiting to see the outright price through Bell.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4320 posts
4919 upvotes
Ottawa
Still happy with my HTC One M9. That said, the 10 looks like it'll finally compete against the Samsung and the Apples. At least popularity wise.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8048 posts
8623 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Rizwann2006 wrote: Mail forwarding through one of mail forwarding places in Delaware (no sales tax). Most of these places declare a lower value for tax purposes.
who is the reputable forwarder in Delaware? Cause I will forward the package to my buffalo box (CBI)
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2008
1062 posts
162 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Any idea when the code expires?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9451 posts
11813 upvotes
Calgary
N8Magic wrote: I'd make the argument that the HTC 10 is actually better than the S7/S7 Edge:

- Processors are more or less equal
- Same amount of RAM
- Both have SD card slot
- Screens are more or less equal (depends on preference for LCD or OLED)
- Cameras are more or less equal as per DxOMark, front camera may actually be better on 10 due to Ultrapixel and OIS
- Sense is closer to stock Android vs the mess that is Touchwiz
- Sense much lighter weight than Touchwiz, no lag
- Boomsound > S7 speakers
- Metal construction more resilient than glass
- And last but not least, HTC actually has a good track record of releasing updates in a timely fashion. Samsung is a complete and utter train wreck in this regard.
nope
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
2038 posts
429 upvotes
Concord, ON
driverso wrote: HTCCA1008 is the code on the Canadian Site. $100 off $999 CDN
Loll...HTC is insane if they think anybody will buy their HTC10 for anywhere near $1000 ...just get a s7 for that price...HTC needs to sell at half the price and closer to nexus pricing to have a chance

And I'm a M8 user and their phones and softwares is crap.. My old nexus 5 is faster and runs everything better than my M8.... 1k for HTC loll
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
2038 posts
429 upvotes
Concord, ON
N8Magic wrote: I'd make the argument that the HTC 10 is actually better than the S7/S7 Edge:

- Same amount of RAM
- Both have SD card slot
- Cameras are more or less equal as per DxOMark, front camera may actually be better on 10 due to Ultrapixel and OIS
- And last but not least, HTC actually has a good track record of releasing updates in a timely fashion. Samsung is a complete and utter train wreck in this regard.
Samsung amoled destroys any other screen out there...there's nothing comparable at all...it's like saying a horse and buggy is comparable in speed to a Ferrari

Sense good? Sure if you like ads pushed to your lockscreen and notifications..

HTC sense is garbage ...I have a HTC phone too...its only worth half the price of a Samsung flagship and really..much better off to get a nexus if you're interested in a cheap Android phone...
Nov 20, 2015
132 posts
34 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
HTC still got one thing going for it, and that's their warranty for unlocking the bootloader and accidental drops.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
9468 posts
2408 upvotes
London
grandepike wrote: samsung amoled destroys any other screen out there...there's nothing comparable at all...it's like saying a horse and buggy is comparable in speed to a ferrari

sense good? Sure if you like ads pushed to your lockscreen and notifications..

Htc sense is garbage ...i have a htc phone too...its only worth half the price of a samsung flagship and really..much better off to get a nexus if you're interested in a cheap android phone...
lol You don't own any HTC devices, they are all Samsung.. Period.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4320 posts
4919 upvotes
Ottawa
GrandePike wrote: Samsung amoled destroys any other screen out there...there's nothing comparable at all...it's like saying a horse and buggy is comparable in speed to a Ferrari

Sense good? Sure if you like ads pushed to your lockscreen and notifications..

HTC sense is garbage ...I have a HTC phone too...its only worth half the price of a Samsung flagship and really..much better off to get a nexus if you're interested in a cheap Android phone...
M9 user and I don't get any ads in my lock screen or notifications. Sense is probably one of the best UIs on any smartphone, so... strange criticism.
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
2038 posts
429 upvotes
Concord, ON
apvm wrote: lol You don't own any HTC devices, they are all Samsung.. Period.
So my HTC m8 that I'm typing on now is made by Samsung?
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2004
1370 posts
912 upvotes
mississauga, Ontario
htc is the suckest phone company I have ever met
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
2038 posts
429 upvotes
Concord, ON
Chi-tel wrote: htc is the suckest phone company I have ever met
They're charging 1000 for the m10 and still have to charge shipping on top of it lolz
Jun 18, 2012
540 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto

- Same amount of RAM
- Both have SD card slot
The MSRP in Canada is $100 more than the S7, & the same as the S7 Edge. This phone is more comparable to the S7, sharing the same display & battery size (5.2" & 3000mah). The S7 Edge has a 5.5" display & 3600mah. I was excited until I saw the Cdn prices, realistically at the current exchange rates $700 USD is about $900 Cdn, not $1000 Cdn
FS
2013 Silver Maple Anniversary Fractional Set $240
2004 or 2003 Silver Maple fractional set $150 each

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)