Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 16, 2005
839 posts
54 upvotes
Calgary

[Fido] 1011555 4.5c us/can dial around number that works on fido

Not sure if this is really a hot deal or not but if you were going to pay the default rate from fido it is probably good.

they spammed this on my voicemail the other day. Anyways you can read about it here.

http://www.1011555.com/fido/

They are owned by buzz telecom.
8 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2001
14339 posts
1292 upvotes
Oshawa
Connection fees of 19 cents per call is applied on all destinations rated less than 4.9 cents per minute.
Blacklisted brands: Sony, Lenovo, Dell, Vizio
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2001
14339 posts
1292 upvotes
Oshawa
bcti wrote:
Jul 21st, 2008 2:53 pm
I just re read it and don't see anything about a connection fee on the fido side of things.

http://www.1011555.com/fido/faqs.php#7
My bad, looks like for regular use. (non-Fido)
Blacklisted brands: Sony, Lenovo, Dell, Vizio
Nov 3, 2003
516 posts
20 upvotes
Richmond Hill
JAC wrote:
Jul 21st, 2008 2:31 pm
Connection fees of 19 cents per call is applied on all destinations rated less than 4.9 cents per minute.
Where does it state that? I could only find this on their website.
There no network, monthly or connection fees per call. Our casual call service simply grants you the freedom to call anywhere, anytime, billed by the minute.
And do i use up my local minutes included in the plan if I use this dial around?
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18501 posts
930 upvotes
Even if there is a connection fee this is still a lot less than the standard 25 cents + / minute cell phone rate.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Jun 17, 2004
120 posts
2 upvotes
Does anyone know of any similar deals for Rogers? I almost never use long distance, but when I do they charge an insane amount!
Aug 16, 2004
51 posts
5 upvotes
Calgary
PangYu wrote:
Jul 21st, 2008 3:52 pm
Does anyone know of any similar deals for Rogers? I almost never use long distance, but when I do they charge an insane amount!
I use Yak Mobile (www.yak.ca). I've never been charged connection fees, just the 3.5c/minute when calling within North America.

If you have unlimited incoming, you can call a Yak number that rings busy (so you aren't charged) and it calls you back so that you can enter in your long distance number. Cheaper long distance AND it doesn't deplete your minutes.
Nov 3, 2003
516 posts
20 upvotes
Richmond Hill
h8bert wrote:
Jul 21st, 2008 4:19 pm
I use Yak Mobile (www.yak.ca). I've never been charged connection fees, just the 3.5c/minute when calling within North America.

If you have unlimited incoming, you can call a Yak number that rings busy (so you aren't charged) and it calls you back so that you can enter in your long distance number. Cheaper long distance AND it doesn't deplete your minutes.
Hmm...looks like u have to register your number with them first. Then only u can use this feature. Good to know I guess. But if u don't make a lot of long distance or international calls then why signup. IMHO Just use the dial around if u ever have too.
× < >