1159 upvotes
Mississauga
This whole story stinks to high heaven.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2006
4823 posts
2229 upvotes
Toronto
What this couple really deserves now is a Darwin Award, instead of a GoFundMe page

And now they are saying that the money they received was to pay the wedding... :facepalm: when will people learn to organize an event within their means?

Typical millennials trying to get others to pay for their mistakes : https://www.theknot.com/us/hayley-dobso ... os/1485051
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6139 posts
1677 upvotes
... why would you leave that type of thing in the glove box of a car?!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
1730 posts
817 upvotes
Lol. I bet they didn't have any cash in the car. Rather they are just trying to cash in on the break in, which could have been self-planned as well.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
5728 posts
2918 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
People who give to these dumb "campaigns" are so stupid. Boohoo. I don't believe a word of this story, and even if true - they are morons. Why would I donate?
Jul 23, 2007
322 posts
78 upvotes
Vancouver
Couple: "Wow I can ask people to pay me everything before the due date on bills and other stuffGrinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes"
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
1345 posts
964 upvotes
thelefteyeguy wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 11:43 am
we are stupid...give us money

what a scam
Indeed, sounds like a scam. Even if it is not, what we assume real names are used in the article. Future potential employers will take note of carelessness.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5698 posts
1290 upvotes
Mississauga
jasonchewy wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 12:41 pm
If you campaign it, they will fund
This is my theory as well.

I'm thinking of starting a gofundme page for myself.

"No reason, just thought I'd give it a shot. I always have to scour RFD because I can't buy nice things, and I would, just once, like to buy nice things. Please in the kindness of your heart, spare me some change...but be sure it's more than $0.30 because GoFundMe takes $0.30 per donation, as well as, 2.9% on the payment processing. Thank you for helping me buy nice things."

Smiling Face With Sunglasses

EDIT: Also, on the CTV site, I clicked to "Report Error" stating the amount was incorrect and unverified.
Last edited by kenchau on Oct 4th, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
12533 posts
1336 upvotes
Toronto
I used to know this old guy (80 years old) who owned a number of buildings in the city who used to keep $10K in the glovebox. He had told me that if he got in an accident, he would give them $$ to keep things quiet.

Aside from this, I don't know of any other reasons people would be doing this (i.e. bribing a cop, payoffs, etc.)
Mar 5, 2006
974 posts
270 upvotes
Toronto
kenchau wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 2:13 pm
This is my theory as well.

I'm thinking of starting a gofundme page for myself.

"No reason, just thought I'd give it a shot. I always have to scour RFD because I can't buy nice things, and I would, just once, like to buy nice things. Please in the kindness of your heart, spare me some change...but be sure it's more than $0.30 because GoFundMe takes $0.30 per donation, as well as, 2.9% on the payment processing. Thank you for helping me buy nice things."

Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Reminded me of seeing the highway exit beggar this morning.
Then I was thinking about the Amazon min wage thing.
I'm sure they make more than min wage, at least during rush hours.
I remember reading about some of these beggars make quite a bit.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2007
4373 posts
254 upvotes
Hey, I didn't win the lottery yesterday like I had hoped. Maybe I will start a GoFundme page to raise money. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
The biggest no-fee lottery groups in the world and the best chances to win!
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread