No doubt Yacht Master II. ;)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9155 posts
936 upvotes
Toronto
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2018 2:55 pm
Maybe the couple have connection to the media.
Doesn't matter if they have connections. It isn't NEWS, it's just usual crime that happens.

My neighbours Audi was stolen out of his driveway last year, did that make news? Nope.

My neighbour 2 doors down in the summer went out with his gf and magically someone across the street noticed the house was on fire, police were parked outside of the house for probably 4-5 days, which also included a coroner and other investigators and eventually I asked how long they had to be there for and I got the reply "Once we get the details from the autopsy we're out". That also didn't make the news. To which the guys girlfriend hasn't been seen since from what I've gathered.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9155 posts
936 upvotes
Toronto
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2018 1:26 pm
Something doesn't smell right here....who the heck leaves 10k cash in their glove compartment.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/10k-stole ... -1.4119478
Also, sorry but if you only needed $10K to pay for your wedding, which isn't impossible to get that kind of price on (and believe me I know), you definitely should not get married if you can't manage to save and afford a $10,000 wedding between 2 people. That's peanuts for a wedding compared to some that I've heard of being in the $30,000-$50,000 range. But that's just my opinion.

People like these who like most of us here are suggesting will probably start a GoFundMe account need to stop with this crap and leave the GFM pages to people with family members dieing of cancer or other horrible illnesses and diseases. That's what it's meant for rather than these "OH I CANT AFFORD A LIFE THAT I COULDN'T AFFORD IN THE FIRST PLACE, GIVE ME FREE MONEY PLEASE."
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
1756 posts
703 upvotes
Kitchener
XtremeModder wrote:
Oct 8th, 2018 12:29 pm
Also, sorry but if you only needed $10K to pay for your wedding, which isn't impossible to get that kind of price on (and believe me I know), you definitely should not get married if you can't manage to save and afford a $10,000 wedding between 2 people. That's peanuts for a wedding compared to some that I've heard of being in the $30,000-$50,000 range. But that's just my opinion.

People like these who like most of us here are suggesting will probably start a GoFundMe account need to stop with this crap and leave the GFM pages to people with family members dieing of cancer or other horrible illnesses and diseases. That's what it's meant for rather than these "OH I CANT AFFORD A LIFE THAT I COULDN'T AFFORD IN THE FIRST PLACE, GIVE ME FREE MONEY PLEASE."
I didn't read anywhere where it said the wedding cost $10,000. I did read that they were using that $10,000 to pay off the wedding, so how do we know they didn't already spend $20,000-$40,000 on the wedding already?

Though, as I mentioned before, I don't buy their story, as it seems very fishy. However, if it's true, then they are truly stupid for leaving the money in the car.

Having said that, many couples, if not most, get married, and using their own money, have some expectation of receiving gifts of money from the guests. In an ideal world, the money gifts would equal the wedding costs plus something extra, such as helping for the honeymoon. Regardless, losing $10,000 is a big deal for most people. Very few people can afford to lost $10,000.
Well, I am not a crook.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2006
4816 posts
2215 upvotes
Toronto
The fools have been able to raise $2,800 so far

My guess is that most of the money (if not all) comes from the guests who already gave them a present, but (a) either feel bad for them and are giving them money again, or (b) noticed that other guests are giving money, so they do the same to not look bad

They even had the nerve to post a message on the page, regarding the donations:
We are speechless at the generosity from everyone. There are no words to explain how grateful we are to you all for helping us through a difficult time.

We are the first ones to admit that this could have been avoided, that there are people who need the money more than we do, but we also didn’t feel right turning down help from our friends.

For those who don’t believe our story, or feel that we are to blame, we are sorry you feel that way. We wish we lived in a more trusting world, but we hope that you choose to give to a cause you do believe in.

Once again we would like to thank you all for helping us, your love and support means the world to us and we will be sure to pass along the generosity to others who need it.
Help spread the word!
What the **** is going on with millennials nowadays?
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2011
6268 posts
1423 upvotes
Wow @roblombardi that's pretty gross.
For those who don’t believe our story, or feel that we are to blame, we are sorry you feel that way. We wish we lived in a more trusting world, but we hope that you choose to give to a cause you do believe in.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2006
4816 posts
2215 upvotes
Toronto
peanutz wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 1:28 pm
Wow @roblombardi that's pretty gross.
I know, right?... and they just end their message by asking people to "spread the word"... sweet Jesus :facepalm:
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
12956 posts
3237 upvotes
Here 'n There
roblombardi wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 1:11 pm
The fools have been able to raise $2,800 so far

My guess is that most of the money (if not all) comes from the guests who already gave them a present, but (a) either feel bad for them and are giving them money again, or (b) noticed that other guests are giving money, so they do the same to not look bad

They even had the nerve to post a message on the page, regarding the donations:

What the **** is going on with millennials nowadays?
If I was a guest and they were reckless with the money I gave them I'd demand a refund from them! Giving them even more money so they can be even stupider with it would be the farthest thing from my mind.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
1498 posts
384 upvotes
Toronto
The couple aren't fools. They are the smart ones. The fools are the poor saps who buy this story and are donating their hard earned money to these two scammers. One person donated $1000! But to be fair that same person also donated money to the Brett Kavanaugh Family campaign which has already raised $611,000 for him so this obviously points to the fact that his person is...not all there... and has more money than sense.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2006
4816 posts
2215 upvotes
Toronto
gqbluez wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 12:33 am
One person donated $1000! But to be fair that same person also donated money to the Brett Kavanaugh Family campaign which has already raised $611,000 for him so this obviously points to the fact that his person is...not all there... and has more money than sense.
LOL
Nov 24, 2013
293 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
I want to be a superhero and save the world, but my tights and accessories are going to cost $50,000.

The $50 my mom gave me for my Halloween costume isn't going to cover this so please go fund me.
Dec 15, 2017
696 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
daivey wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2018 2:45 pm
Why is the media even reporting on this?

I don't feel bad for them. Never leave valuables in your car.
I also wonder they even report studf like this? How did the media even found out? I have had bigger losses than this and not even cops were called in.
Apr 21, 2014
8 posts
Mississauga, ON
MusicBox wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 7:21 am
I also wonder they even report studf like this? How did the media even found out? I have had bigger losses than this and not even cops were called in.
Someone probably wanted the GoFundMe to go national.

Maybe a bored journalist was patrolling the GFM website for a story idea, but more likely the couple or someone close to them brought it to the media themselves in a hope that it would bolster the GFM.

Because, really, what other impact would media attention have other than embarrassing yourself further?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2006
4816 posts
2215 upvotes
Toronto
Leopagne wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 2:30 pm
Because, really, what other impact would media attention have other than embarrassing yourself further?
It looks like these millennials don't really care about embarrassing themselves further... they care about getting money, so they can get more likes on the pics they will take while traveling, eating at restaurants or buying stuff with it