None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2001
5556 posts
717 upvotes
Toronto

11-Piece RAM, Wilson, Top Flite Golf Sets $125 at SportMart.ca

SportMart has all their 11-piece golf sets on sale for $149.99. Use coupon code 'entertain' to save 20% off up to $25 in this case. $125 per set with free shipping seems pretty good to me. Here's a link to all the ones they still have available:

http://www.sportmart.ca/store/2thumbnai ... affID=5335

Not sure when it ends.
65 replies
Jul 1, 2003
820 posts
81 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
Pretty good deal for some beginner sets. I'm still using my RAM set from Sportmart I bought for $200 about 4 years ago.
-Some people hear their own voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy or they become Legend.-
Oct 28, 2003
285 posts
Surrey
Wow really good deal. For someone who's never owned a set before, for $125 you can't really go wrong. Normally these are closer to $200.
Jun 16, 2003
128 posts
Vancouver
There are quiet a few sets with the same price. which one would people recommend?

Does it come with a bag?
Jun 14, 2006
23 posts
I'd also like to know which set is most recommended. I've only played golf a handful of times with borrowed clubs, but I'd really like to learn.
Jul 1, 2003
820 posts
81 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
I think it's partially user preference. Pop into a Sportmart and see how they feel. To be honest, I'm not too sure there will be much performance distance with these clubs so buy the ones that feel more comfortable to you. I have a set of RAM clubs and love them, except for the drivers...graphite shafts are no good!
-Some people hear their own voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy or they become Legend.-
Jun 16, 2003
128 posts
Vancouver
What kind of skill level do you need to have before you will notice the difference in clubs?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2002
9936 posts
1826 upvotes
Oakville
I'd get the Wilsons. They make a great club. I'm on my third set in 20yrs. None of these clubs will make a difference to your game in terms of score, if you're good you'll be good with any club and vice versa.
Jul 1, 2003
820 posts
81 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
brian wrote:
Aug 5th, 2007 9:43 pm
What kind of skill level do you need to have before you will notice the difference in clubs?
Well it really depends. As a beginner, you may notice some clubs feel more comfortable than others. This will likely improve your game rather than picking up clubs that don't feel they're an extension of your arm. Even the pros use different brands of clubs which pretty much says there is no 'best' brand. If money is no factor and there was one brand better than the rest, everyone would be using them. There is, however, a difference between a set costing $125 and $2000, but I doubt the majority of us would be able to tell the difference.

Personally from that selection, I would try out the RAM or the Wilson. I really like the feel of the Wilson set.
Jun 16, 2003
128 posts
Vancouver
Un4GivN wrote:
Aug 5th, 2007 10:31 pm
Well it really depends. As a beginner, you may notice some clubs feel more comfortable than others. This will likely improve your game rather than picking up clubs that don't feel they're an extension of your arm. Even the pros use different brands of clubs which pretty much says there is no 'best' brand. If money is no factor and there was one brand better than the rest, everyone would be using them. There is, however, a difference between a set costing $125 and $2000, but I doubt the majority of us would be able to tell the difference.

Personally from that selection, I would try out the RAM or the Wilson. I really like the feel of the Wilson set.

thanks for the reply. Which set of wilson? Overdrive or txf?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2002
9936 posts
1826 upvotes
Oakville
brian wrote:
Aug 5th, 2007 10:42 pm
thanks for the reply. Which set of wilson? Overdrive or txf?

Go into a store and see which sit nicer in your hand. So much of the game is mental, if you feel uncomfortable with the club in your hand, you're doomed.
Nov 25, 2006
285 posts
6 upvotes
Surrey
Also be sure to check out the 'Golf Sets w/ Bag' section; they have some sets around 150-180 which include a full set of clubs, bag, putter, and headcovers. E.g. there is a RAM set which includes all of this for 159.99 (no idea if it's worse than the other one, but a new player probably wouldn't notice/care). I assume the coupon will still work on these as well...
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1248 posts
1325 upvotes
Kitchener
I got RFD'ed.... been wanting new clubs and was waiting to pull the trigger!
I got the Wilson Ultra Overdraft (LH) ... if they dont feel good when they arrive... its a short drive to return them, and no shipping so its a full refund :)
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2003
3739 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
christov wrote:
Aug 6th, 2007 1:34 am
I got RFD'ed.... been wanting new clubs and was waiting to pull the trigger!
I got the Wilson Ultra Overdraft (LH) ... if they dont feel good when they arrive... its a short drive to return them, and no shipping so its a full refund :)
Is the Wilson Ultra overdraft better than the Wilson Ultra TXF?
× < >