Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

120GB OCZ Agility 3 2.5" SATA III MLC Solid State Drive (SSD) $99.99 AR @ Newegg.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2012 4:14 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 15, 2011
231 posts
143 upvotes
Ottawa

[Newegg] 120GB OCZ Agility 3 2.5" SATA III MLC Solid State Drive (SSD) $99.99 AR @ Newegg.ca

120GB OCZ Agility 3 2.5" SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) $99.99 after $30 rebate + $6.99 shipping

Newegg has 120GB OCZ Agility 3 2.5" SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) for $169.99 - $40 (promo code = CEMCNFJJ52) - $30 (mail in rebata) = $99.99 + $6.99 shippiing

I would go for it at this price if you don't already have an SSD.
34 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1296 posts
1047 upvotes
Toronto
good deal, if i wasnt a bit tight on the budget atm id jump on this ^^.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
nice price
. is the rebate with ocz and if so are they fast?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2010
1003 posts
236 upvotes
Aurora
pcdouble wrote: 120GB OCZ Agility 3 2.5" SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) $99.99 after $30 rebate + $6.99 shipping

Newegg has 120GB OCZ Agility 3 2.5" SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) for $169.99 - $40 (promo code = CEMCNFJJ52) - $30 (mail in rebata) = $99.99 + $6.99 shippiing

I would go for it at this price if you don't already have an SSD.
I am not seeing the $40 promo?
Feb 8, 2011
130 posts
7 upvotes
Supercooled wrote: nice price
. is the rebate with ocz and if so are they fast?
Rebate is with Ocz (4myrebate) and no, they aren't fast. You might have the option to pay extra to get the rebate faster but what's the point.
I sent mine at end of February and it was processed on March 15th. Email I received says payment will be sent in 8-10 weeks! So
expect 10-12 weeks overall.

I have sent another one with 4myrebate but for Corsair in mid-January and haven't received the prepaid card yet.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2011
1467 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
It's the tax that kills it. Why can't it just be an instant rebate, that way we don't get taxed on it? Then there's the whole issue of giving us AMEX gift cards instead of cheques. I never understood why they do this.
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
Taxes are charged on $137 .so end price is more around $114 -$124 depending on province after $30 MIR
Jan 8, 2008
489 posts
172 upvotes
Note to retailers / marketers reading this: I will not buy into anything with a mail-in rebate. You are betting that most of us will not mail in the rebate forms or, if we have, you're betting we will (a) forget about it if you delay long enough, or (b) shrug it off saying "what did we expect?" Well, eff you.

Sorry for thread-crapping, OP.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2011
1467 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
zenzen wrote: Note to retailers / marketers reading this: I will not buy into anything with a mail-in rebate. You are betting that most of us will not mail in the rebate forms or, if we have, you're betting we will (a) forget about it if you delay long enough, or (b) shrug it off saying "what did we expect?" Well, eff you.

Sorry for thread-crapping, OP.

THIS. Tiger****ingdirect and their scam rebates.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2005
1417 posts
313 upvotes
London, ON
I usually get my OCZ rebates, but they are slow for sure.
Back to the deal itself, $100 is a new low for this SSD. It use to be $120 a month ago, and $110 two weeks ago, and now at $100, which is a sweat point.
I own three of these drives, they are very good so far. Good for people with a limited budget but want to enjoy the fast speed of a SSD.

The deal is from NewEgg's weekly promo email. Another good deal is the Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB SSD, it's $239 with promo code CEMCNFJJ53, and no MIR at all.
People love this SSD from another long thread here, and the best deal so far was from DirectCanada $250. So now, it's $10 cheaper, but a $7 shipping make it not that great. But still, $3 saving is what a true RFDer looking for.
Here is the link to the SSD
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6820226226
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
4713 posts
6306 upvotes
Prince George
I've been using this drive for the last couple of months and it's been great. It was $120 after rebate when I bought it so it's definitely dropping fast.

The OCZ rebates are slow (mine is approved but I haven't gotten the card yet) but at least they do provide good communication of the status.

At the rate things are going, chances are if you wait another couple of months it should be hitting this price with no rebate.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2769 posts
1331 upvotes
I hate to be *that* guy but how does this SSD compare to other SSD drives (Intel/Crucial/etc..)? I only see reviews from a year ago on the web so a lot can change in a year... Would those in the know buy a different drive if the MIR didn't exist?

Edit: clarified my question...
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2011
1467 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
mr_yellow wrote: I hate to be *that* guy but how does this SSD compare to other drives? I only see reviews from a year ago on the web so a lot can change in a year... Would those in the know buy a different drive if the MIR didn't exist?

Buy buy buy! Incredibly fast. Remember that hdds are the slowest component in a pc. That is not the case with ssd.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2769 posts
1331 upvotes
arclite wrote: Buy buy buy! Incredibly fast. Remember that hdds are the slowest component in a pc. That is not the case with ssd.

Sorry, I should've been more clear.... I meant how does this OCZ Agility 3 compare to other SSD's in the same price range/category... I just don't want to jump in and miss out of a more obvious choice for a SSD.... I obviously haven't done my research but after spending the last few minutes, I see the Crucial M4 is in high regards as well as anything made by Intel... Worth waiting?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
1534 posts
453 upvotes
PEI
mr_yellow wrote: Sorry, I should've been more clear.... I meant how does this OCZ Agility 3 compare to other SSD's in the same price range/category... I just don't want to jump in and miss out of a more obvious choice for a SSD.... I obviously haven't done my research but after spending the last few minutes, I see the Crucial M4 is in high regards as well as anything made by Intel... Worth waiting?

I'd suggest waiting. M4 is supposed to be great. Was $160 freeship at newegg couple days ago, and there are some other $150 sales.
I'd assume you won't get MIR, at least that is what I do, I ignore them, can't be bothered with paper work and hope in a month or two to get a check or card. Sow without MIR it is $147 before taxes. Which isn't a really hot deal since M4, Plextor M3 can go for $160 free shipping ($10 more and you get faster and more reliable drive).

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6820148529
$150 $10 shipping M4 for example.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2004
1094 posts
968 upvotes
Toronto
M4 128 gb still looks to be on sale @ mike's computer shop.

https://www.mikescomputershop.com/cruci ... 27163.html

I puchased a M4 for my main desktop.

I also purchased an Agility 3 for my netbook / laptop that I use less frequently. I'm still somewhat scared of OCZ and reliability. I think the original vertex 2 (?3) had a bunch of firmware /bsod issues at one point.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4653 posts
1087 upvotes
Toronto
andrewabc wrote: I'd suggest waiting. M4 is supposed to be great. Was $160 freeship at newegg couple days ago, and there are some other $150 sales.
I'd assume you won't get MIR, at least that is what I do, I ignore them, can't be bothered with paper work and hope in a month or two to get a check or card. Sow without MIR it is $147 before taxes. Which isn't a really hot deal since M4, Plextor M3 can go for $160 free shipping ($10 more and you get faster and more reliable drive).

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6820148529
$150 $10 shipping M4 for example.

^there's your problem. The MIR fine print says that it will take 8-12 weeks; sometimes they take longer than that. Waiting 1-2 months just isn't enough time for most MIR's to process and come back.

$99 (really $125 taxes in after MIR) for a fast SATA3 120GB is almost unprecedented and a good deal in its own right.

If you do fill out the MIR properly and send it quickly, the Agility 3 is $50 cheaper than the M4 after taxes. The M4 is better in essentially every way, but that's a big price difference.
Dec 29, 2009
231 posts
25 upvotes
Markham
napoleon1769 wrote: How does this compare to the M4 though? Does it justify the price premium?

if you're going with ssd, chances are, you're going for full performance. the M4 offers reliability and speed while OCZ relatively lacks reliability but offers tremendous speed.

chances are, you'll be running your ssd with only your os + basic programs + 1-2 games on it, everything else (documents and such) will be on a hdd. so reliability doesn't really make a difference

further, you're going for full performance with ssd, chances are, you'll be upgrading again before the manufacture warranty expires. so i don't see why you should pay more for the same thing
Be thankful! Hit Thanks!