• Apr 20th, 2017 2:23 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 15, 2014
19 posts
5 upvotes
Spruce Grove

123 cartridge (mustache)

tried this company for toner. had a bad cartridge. drum was defective. no service to replace the defective part. not a recommended company. try others. hope this helps others that are looking for compatible toner or ink. Started to get bad after i installed 6 months after i received the cartridge. warranty is for one year. well the the drum went bad after 1 yr of receiving the cartridge. conversation with them by email pretty useless. hope this review helps others thinking of buying from 123 cartridge or "mustache"
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
1887 posts
800 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
ponchuk wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 7:38 pm
tried this company for toner. had a bad cartridge. drum was defective. no service to replace the defective part. not a recommended company. try others. hope this helps others that are looking for compatible toner or ink. Started to get bad after i installed 6 months after i received the cartridge. warranty is for one year. well the the drum went bad after 1 yr of receiving the cartridge. conversation with them by email pretty useless. hope this review helps others thinking of buying from 123 cartridge or "mustache"
So, if I read this correctly, you're saying that a remanufactured cartridge had a 12 month warranty, went defective more than 12 months after your purchase and the company didn't replace a product that was outside the warranty period?

You know they're under no obligation to do anything, right? If it was indeed a remanufactured toner cartridge, I think a 12 month warranty is actually pretty good and comparable to OEM cartridges, so if anything I think your post indicates that they do stand behind their product with a very reasonable warranty.

If I understand your post, you also said you waited 6 months before you opened the cartridge. That happens - especially with laser printer cartridge - but it's unreasonable to expect warranties to take into consideration when you started using the product (though I'm sure there are some products out there that have this sort of coverage). Warranties start on date of purchase. Kinda sucky in your situation, sure...but also nothing that we can fault the company for.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Dec 19, 2009
243 posts
201 upvotes
Calgary
ponchuk wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 7:38 pm
I've used their Mustache branded compatible toner for years and have gone through well over 10cartridges in about 3 years and never had an issue with them. You might have gotten a bad one. But regardless that's why the warranty is one year and it starts from the date you order the product not the date you install it
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
4034 posts
427 upvotes
Toronto
Any opinions on their label tapes? I need some Brother label maker labels/tapes and they seem to have decent deals.
Nov 18, 2015
544 posts
328 upvotes
Unionville, ON
aznlgcy wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 12:21 am
I've used their Mustache branded compatible toner for years and have gone through well over 10cartridges in about 3 years and never had an issue with them. You might have gotten a bad one. But regardless that's why the warranty is one year and it starts from the date you order the product not the date you install it
I have to agree with you as well... I find their products to be best bang for your $$$...