• Jul 19th, 2018 11:26 am
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
20957 posts
7773 upvotes
Ottawa
aximrocks wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 8:12 am
definitely! I paid only $18420 all-in for my 2017 FFE. can probably sell it for $21000 now.
I highly doubt it!
Apr 4, 2017
540 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
Incentives for electric vehicle charging stations will end immediately, Ministry of Transportation says

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4743579

While the Electric Vehicle Charging Incentive program was cancelled as of Wednesday, charging stations purchased and/or installed before July 11 will be able to receive incentives through the program if the application is submitted within 60 days.
Apr 4, 2017
540 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
what happens if your car has been delayed till September? you made the purchase in February.
Apr 4, 2017
540 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
While the Electric Vehicle Charging Incentive program was cancelled as of Wednesday, charging stations purchased and/or installed before July 11 will be able to receive incentives through the program if the application is submitted within 60 days.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2006
1876 posts
83 upvotes
OTTAWA, Canada
I spent about 30 minutes looking for loopholes.. I'd almost move to quebec for a day (Dec. 31st) and file quebec taxes, but that seems to be very complicated :)
Apr 6, 2008
494 posts
174 upvotes
ysl5710 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 8:58 am
what happens if your car has been delayed till September? you made the purchase in February.
You'll get the rebate as long as it's insured and plated by Sept 10. Time to pressure the dealer to deliver!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
3049 posts
1842 upvotes
ysl5710 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 8:58 am
You're on the hook for the full amount if you don't get the car before the cut-off.... either that or walk away from the deposit.

Maybe go talk to the dealer now, see if you can work something out?
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2006
1876 posts
83 upvotes
OTTAWA, Canada
booblehead wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 9:19 am
^ you just need a time machine
Yep. Two years back when the S qualified ;)
Apr 14, 2016
164 posts
18 upvotes
I just don't believe that 50K is a realistic price for a car.
So I see them powering the price in On to match the price in Qc or other provinces.
I am sure both US an Canada's Gov had a deal with manufacturing companies
You raise the price we will apply the rebate and both still make money but people will think we are helping them .
Oct 12, 2007
81 posts
9 upvotes
Vancouver
So what other provinces have EV incentives? BC has a flat $5000 incentive and a $3000-6000 trade-in used gas car incentive that requires reservations.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2006
1876 posts
83 upvotes
OTTAWA, Canada
yyzaf1 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 10:03 am
I just don't believe that 50K is a realistic price for a car.
So I see them powering the price in On to match the price in Qc or other provinces.
I am sure both US an Canada's Gov had a deal with manufacturing companies
You raise the price we will apply the rebate and both still make money but people will think we are helping them .
I actually don't see this happening until the manufacturers build up enough inventory in regions with rebates. As long as they can sell fistfuls of evs where rebates exist, there is no need to discount inventory. If they manufactured lots of EVs to canadian specifications and the canadian market becomes saturated as a whole (ie. no one in BC or QC is on a waitlist) -- then they will discount.

If I were a decision maker I am;

1) Petitioning the Ontario government for a new program
2) Ramping down production of vehicles to Canadian specification to create the "right" amount of demand to keep wait lists and demand at scale
3) Re-routing non-commited inventory destined to ON to other provinces, especially since most deliveries had recently gone to ON based on EV sales numbers
4) Within the ON market double-down on marketing/incentives for Gas/EVs where rebates may not have applied (think dealerships that didn't want to sell an EV a few years ago)

It's unfortunate that Ontario is creating barriers to EV adoption, but Tesla (and likely other manufacturers) seems focused on US markets and China right now....
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
1648 posts
613 upvotes
Ontario
vkizzle wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 7:58 am
Quoting a dead man...
soon to be expensive battery pack .
You mean its cheaper if I get a spare now? Words of wisdom for sure LOL.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 0 guests)

Kozak99, kkkat, TheTall, chronos, aleks