Expired Hot Deals

$160 tax in Niagara Falls to Miami area for family day + many days in feb (IAG-FLL)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2013 5:12 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
6673 posts
243 upvotes
Toronto

$160 tax in Niagara Falls to Miami area for family day + many days in feb (IAG-FLL)

Hello All,

Spirit.com has a $35 off coupon expiring at midnight tonight. Spirit seems to ignore the fact that Monday Feb 18 is a holiday in Ontario.

Spirit.com and enter 35OFF

IAG-FLL wednesday feb 13 return monday feb 18 for $160 tax in, a bit more to depart on thursday / friday. Perfect for a quick Miami weekend.

Coupon expires at 11:59pm eastern Jan 2nd.

NOTE flight is from Niagara Falls USA (IAG) (closer then BUF but not to be confuseed with BUF) and flies into Fort Lauderdale FLL (taxi $80 to miami or $21 for shuttle or as little as $5 w/ public bus)

Flight to Florida is a red eye (2am) so read flight times carefully. Flight home is in the evening giving you the full day in Florida.

Might not be good for families with kids but the red eye saves a hotel night and maximizes your beach time.

Note: you can only take 1 bag that fits under your seat. Golf clubs / checked bags are extra. If you must check bags buy the $20 - 60 day trial $9 fare club membership if checking more than 2 bags. Its valid for everyone on 1 itenerary. MAKE SURE TO PREBUY LUGGAGE as fees are significantly more at check in.

Golfers should note direct service to Myrtle beach resumes from IAG in Feb and there are some good deals to be had with the 35off coupon.

Happy travels.
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
9 replies
Deal Addict
May 26, 2009
1433 posts
375 upvotes
Book your flight or vacation package (flight + hotel, flight + car or flight + hotel + car) for travel from January 4, 2013 through February 11, 2013 and you'll save $50 off* your roundtrip purchase! Simply enter 50OFF (all caps, no spaces) in the Promotion Code box on the home page when booking your flight or vacation package to get these savings. Book today! All flights must be booked by 11:59pm on January 2, 2013.
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
I wanna go to Miami for the weekend. Did anyone book their flight?
Nov 22, 2005
422 posts
11 upvotes
Flight departs at 2:05AM from Niagara. How do they even allow departures at that time of the night?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2002
1484 posts
65 upvotes
HI-ROLLA wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 11:30 am
Flight departs at 2:05AM from Niagara. How do they even allow departures at that time of the night?
The niagara falls airport, its not buffalo. Its a small airport. There are a few houses on the otherside of a wide roadway, but it mostly backs onto a park and the waterfront.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
15340 posts
564 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Great prices if you can accept the no frills flight on the way there.
Stop being lazy RFD and fix the auto subscription nonsense. This is a damn discussion forum.
Dec 5, 2004
247 posts
144 upvotes
Quick hop from the Queenston/Lewiston crossing ... right around the corner form the old Prime Outlets (the new Fashion Outlets).

The old DirectAir used to fly out of this single-runway former Military base.

Parking used to be free up to 2 weeks, but I think they have started charging something minimal the last few years.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
1928 posts
437 upvotes
HI-ROLLA wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 11:30 am
A lot of US airports do not have curfews like Pearson does.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
2400 posts
557 upvotes
Moncton
GangStarr wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 10:17 am
Note: you can only take 1 bag that fits under your seat. Golf clubs / checked bags are extra. If you must check bags buy the $20 - 60 day trial $9 fare club membership if checking more than 2 bags. Its valid for everyone on 1 itenerary. MAKE SURE TO PREBUY LUGGAGE as fees are significantly more at check in.
Their luggage policy is more restrictive than that. Unless you plan on stuffing your underwear in your purse, you will need $60 return for carry-on luggage. You can join the $9 club for 60 days, however the prices will only apply for subsequent bookings.

Family Day is not a federal holiday. Bankers, telecom and airport workers don't get it. In the US it is the other way around: A federal holiday (President's Day) but not usually a state holiday (US banks are under state jurisdiction). As always, research your Florida accommodation before booking. Hotels prices can be high in South Florida, especially on long weekends.

Even in Canada many airports don't have curfews. 4am cargo flights occasionally wake me up here in Moncton. I've often wondered why busses in and out of Toronto don't run 24 hours a day. I guess the demand just isn't there. Spirit run night planes to both Niagara and Plattsburgh. The advantage being that FLL is their hub, so you would be there in the morning for ongoing flights. Because of US fess and taxes, as they are American, Puerto Rico and Florida usually have the best Spirit deals for Canadians.
Clicking on "Thanks" is appreciated.
Pete_Coach and Armeee are on my ignore list.
× < >