• Jan 17th, 2018 9:29 am
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7223 posts
750 upvotes
GTA
Jujubuju wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 8:49 am
Hello everyone. I live in Calgary and I’m working at the bank. I’m 3 month now and honestly so exhausted everyday when I go to work nd stressed out specially dealing with angry customers since I’m teller. I’m seeing my family dr next week but I’m not sure what to tell her to get dr note to use it for STD. My employer benefit is through Sunlife.
pls let me know if you can help
I don't know about Sunlife but I was with GWL. I was on bedrest for 2 months at home and then 5 weeks of hospital bedrest and there was a particular form with a lot of details the insurer required to have filled out prior to approving my STD. In my case GWL required the lengthy form to be completed by an OB and would not accept a family doctor filling it out. I don't know about Sunlife.

It took some time to get approved and that was ok with me as in my case there was no possibility I could have worked. I still had a preemie, but would likely had her much earlier had it not been for the more than 3 months of complete bedrest.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Dec 25, 2012
200 posts
14 upvotes
This took effect on Dec 3, 2017 as per the website. So if your kid was born on or after the 18 mos will apply. The argument about guaranteed jobs etc ...I believe "a" job has to be guaranteed, not sure if it specifies level or what the job is
Dec 22, 2014
526 posts
116 upvotes
Regina, SK
Just curious. What are the rules with splitting parental leave. Is it still 12 months total benefits over 18 months if the other parent takes 6 months?