Computers & Electronics

1st Toronto Audio Video Entertainment Show (TAVES) Sept 30-Oct 2 (free tickets)!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2011 4:37 am
Aug 8, 2005
92 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond Hill

1st Toronto Audio Video Entertainment Show (TAVES) Sept 30-Oct 2 (free tickets)!

Who will be attending the 1st Toronto Audio Video Entertainment Show (TAVES) Sept 30-Oct 2? This will be a huge show at the King Edward (downtown). This show is similar to Consumer Electronics Show (CES) and the Montreal HiFi Show (Salon Son&Image) now we'll have our own show! There's gonna be a TV showdown as well as blu-rays and music for sale. On Saturday, they will have a guest performer Dean Peer (bass soloist). Also, if you like them on Facebook, you can get a chance to win free tickets to the event. There will be low end to hi end audio gear (drooling...) I can't wait : )

www.taveshow.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Toront...17654048269263
17 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
My dad will be there selling some stuff like totem speakers and whatnot, I don't know the brands off hand but I'll ask him today, if your going pm me I'll tell you where he'll be
Aug 8, 2005
92 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond Hill
nice to know some people are aware of this show. I love Totems, which booth/kisok will your dad gonna be in? any special deals for rfders ? ;)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7800 posts
1611 upvotes
Toronto
rayzer wrote: nice to know some people are aware of this show. I love Totems, which booth/kisok will your dad gonna be in? any special deals for rfders ? ;)

Was gonna ask the same question lol. Might check this show out.
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10543 posts
4141 upvotes
Toronto
Does your dad sell paradigm too? :)
Aug 8, 2005
92 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Paradigm will be there in room Belgravia. I think sometimes they might sell their demos instead of shipping it back so there will be deals going on.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
Like I said guys. I will be finding out today and will repost, op if you wanna put it in at the top so people can go check it out, that would be cool.

I'll know in a couple of hours
Aug 8, 2005
92 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond Hill
XtremeModder wrote: Like I said guys. I will be finding out today and will repost, op if you wanna put it in at the top so people can go check it out, that would be cool.

I'll know in a couple of hours

Thanks XtremeModder! much appreciated!
Aug 8, 2005
92 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond Hill
maybe we should do a meet and greet with fellow RFDers at the show. anyone interested ?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2008
5027 posts
1789 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
I'm in. However I though i was getting free tickets.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22158 posts
10323 upvotes
Toronto
rayzer wrote: Paradigm will be there in room Belgravia. I think sometimes they might sell their demos instead of shipping it back so there will be deals going on.

I've been interested in an Anthem avr for a while. Maybe they'll have a demo for sale too?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7800 posts
1611 upvotes
Toronto
I would presume the better deals would be on the last day?
Aug 8, 2005
92 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond Hill
PCDawg wrote: I would presume the better deals would be on the last day?

Yes, usually it is but if you are sure you want it then reserve it early before the last day (based on experience). Enjoy!
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
As promised (although a little late). My dad will be there, here is the info:

Where?

Park Lane Conference Room

What is he selling or demoing?

Violent Speakers

His friend will be in the same room (I think) with Zu speakers. I've never heard of them though.

He doesn't really know about this site, he just knows that when i sell whatever, it's usually on here. So if you do go there tell him Dave (or just say your son on rfd) told you about it. Not sure what kind of deal he can give as I don't know the prices.
Aug 8, 2005
92 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Hi Jon,
I'm sure you can make a deal with the various manufacturer's/distributors/retailers as they don't want to lug all the stuff back! Also, they will be selling the demo tvs they used for calibration!

BUY A TV FOR A SPECIAL PRICE AT TAVES!

Each of the TVs demonstrated at the Ultimate TV Comparison will be available for purchase at a very special show price at the end of the show. These are brand new TVs that will be opened, professionally calibrated and used at TAVES for only 3 days. You’ll be able to purchase the TVs for a lower price than even at a big box store and enjoy the benefits of a properly calibrated TV. But make your decision quick because only one of each TV model will be available. Below are what's going to be sold off at reduced prices.

Sharp 40le830
Sharp 40le835

Samsung 40d6500
Samsung pn43d450
Samsung un40c7000 demo

Panasonic 42u30
Panasonic 42e3
Panasonic 42s30
Panasonic 42st30

Sony 40bx420
Sony 40ex620
Sony 40ex720